It Is Important To Note

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Greenhell":25lsl22d said:
Vetamur":25lsl22d said:
You actually believe the Colts tried to get that record? Go look it up. Cant believe people still believe this. If they were trying to lose, then why did every one responsible get fired? If it was the plan, then why was the team president fired, along with the head coach? If they were under orders to tank it, why would they get fired? And if they were under orders, but were fired anyway, why wouldnt they say something about it? If they were trying to tank it, why did they go through 3 QBs? If one was losing, why not stick with him if youre trying to lose? How does any of what actually happened make any sense if they were tanking it? People just stick with an attractive narrative despite the facts sometimes..

Yes, I believe it. Two words: Jim Irsay.
Count me in as well.

hawk45

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1twdv8nv said:
Greenhell":1twdv8nv said:
Vetamur":1twdv8nv said:
You actually believe the Colts tried to get that record? Go look it up. Cant believe people still believe this. If they were trying to lose, then why did every one responsible get fired? If it was the plan, then why was the team president fired, along with the head coach? If they were under orders to tank it, why would they get fired? And if they were under orders, but were fired anyway, why wouldnt they say something about it? If they were trying to tank it, why did they go through 3 QBs? If one was losing, why not stick with him if youre trying to lose? How does any of what actually happened make any sense if they were tanking it? People just stick with an attractive narrative despite the facts sometimes..

Yes, I believe it. Two words: Jim Irsay.
Count me in as well.

I believe it also, or at least I don't discount the possibility.

Pretending a tank job needs explicit orders to tank is just putting up a strawman. So...well done?

It doesn't have to be as blatant as explicit orders, but Irsay can be applying pressure and meddling ala Jerry Jones, and then when it all goes to hell and they draft Luck, fire everyone in the name of starting over.

It's just not that farfetched.

Tical21

Reaction score
The Colts didn't tank anything. They were HORRIBLE. They had a HORRIBLE roster for several years, and Manning was good enough to sweep it under the rug. In fact, they had a horrible roster just about every year sans three or so of his career. They had WR's, Edge, and some DE's. Every once in a while they had a LB. They had and have a bad line, always had an awful secondary. They still have a pretty bad roster, definitely bottom half of the league.

With that roster, it is hard to believe any QB sans Peyton/Brady/Brees could have won any more games over the past two seasons than Luck has.

I get it, the media loves Andrew Luck. They shun Russell. Russell deserves his respect. I never once said otherwise. I'm just saying that because of the jealousy some of our fanbase has for the publicity that Luck gets, they have convinced themselves that he isn't very good, and that any of the publicity he gets is his fault. He is a damned good young quarterback, and a darn good kid. The haters got to go.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Also worth noting is the fact that we haven't lost a preseason game in two full preseasons, despite the trend for teams finishing 4-0 in preseason to end up with a losing record.

Hawks46

Reaction score
scutterhawk":6ox4qxjn said:
Tical21":6ox4qxjn said:
The folks her are awfully tough on Luck. The Seahawks are still probably better than the Colts at every position group on the field. I would think if Wilson was on the Colts and Luck was on the Seahawks, you could probably flip their win/loss totals. We love Wilson, very rightfully so, but what Luck has done has been downright amazing in its own right.
Tough on Luck?
So you're saying that you believe Luck can scamper as well as Russell Wilson, and buy time for his receivers to get open, or that he every bit as studious, puts in the same amount of time in the film room as RW, as DURABLE as RW, and that he'd be able to shake off all the pressures, and sacks as good as RW can?, :roll: okay
Just keep in mind, that Russell Wilson has been pressured harder, and way more often than ANY other Quarterback in the League this Season, and even with defenses targeting him, he STILL has managed to find a way to help win 9 of 10 this Season, even when the Defense was faltering at times.
Not saying that Luck isn't a Quarterback that has attributes running out his wazzoo, but Wilson has proven that he's every bit as physically gifted, and talented.
I think it's been proven that Wilson was way under-valued, and underestimated in last Years Draft.
I'm seeing Defenses targeting Wilson a lot more this Year, but I'm also seeing Wilson finding his way through the fire, and growing his confidence in the bargain.

You might want to do some research because Luck was the most pressured QB last season. Do I think Wilson is more elusive than Luck ? Yea, but Luck is also harder to bring down. Luck actually has more rushing TD's than Wilson does this year, by a lot. Luck had Reggie Wayne last year, and literally no one else...they were all rookies. Wilson had an emerging Tate, a very solid Baldwin in the slot, a veteran TE in Miller and Rice who was playing like a #1 WR last year.

People need to quit being butthurt because Wilson and Luck are continually compared to eachother. It's going to keep happening. It's common knowledge that Wilson is an extraordinary leader and worker. Thing is, unless you live and die with Colts news, you wouldn't know that Luck grinds every bit as hard, has a photographic memory and had a higher Wunderlic score than Wilson. If I had to trade any QB in the league for Wilson, it would be either Luck or Rodgers, and I would pick luck due to age.

It's hard to tell who's the better QB. At the end of last year, I would've said Wilson easily. This year, it's closer, much closer. It's also absurd to bring record into this: Seattle is obviously more talented and deeper than Indy is.

Latest posts