C Mike

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Can we all agree that he is a better RUNNING back than Turbin? I like Turbin but Michael is on another level with his burst and agility.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Nope...garbage time performances don't count for much. He's more explosive though

HawkWow

Reaction score
Just a tad premature for such a determination. "Better" is too subjective. Quicker, slicker..perhaps, but we know nothing of his ability to block or hang onto the ball. There's a reason Turbin is getting the lion's share of carries in relief. Damned if I know exactly what that reason is, but we are fortunate to have such a dilemma.

Happy

Reaction score
Looks much better than turbs as a ballcarrier. But a rb does have other responsibilities.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Garbage time or not, has Turbin ever had a carry over 4 yards? I'm partly kidding, but part of me isn't.

kmedic

Reaction score
Michael is one of those guys that'll go 2, 2, -5, 3, then 25.

Turbin goes 3, 3, 4, 4, etc. Slightly more consistent and right now a much better blocker. He's the perfect 'backup' guy to spell Marshawn here and there. You can't do that with Michael. He needs an entire series to be productive.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
i wonder if they are worried about ball security with him? he had a fumbling problem in college didn't he?

HawkWow

Reaction score
kmedic":18vihsxp said:
Michael is one of those guys that'll go 2, 2, -5, 3, then 25.

Turbin goes 3, 3, 4, 4, etc. Slightly more consistent and right now a much better blocker. He's the perfect 'backup' guy to spell Marshawn here and there. You can't do that with Michael. He needs an entire series to be productive.

Excellent point and let me add that all RBs need their carries to be productive. It's a rhythmic position. That all the more reason Turbin should get more respect around here. Like I said, we are VERY fortunate to have such concerns.

HawkWow

Reaction score
sedrohawk":z51751x8 said:
i wonder if they are worried about ball security with him? he had a fumbling problem in college didn't he?

Yes. And "attitude problems" as well. I suspect at least one of those two things is limiting his playing time.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Not a big enough sale size. Plus Turbin was great as a pass protector today. Michael had to show that.

JKent82

Reaction score
I'd love to Christine get more carries, especially in games where we can't get anything going. He's just explosive. I agree with the above statement about ball security. That's huge, and he has to be showing in practice that he's trustworthy. The pass blocking is an issue I imagine but I think it'd be worth giving him the ball once in a while.

ratso

Reaction score
HawkWow":3speftcd said:
sedrohawk":3speftcd said:

Yes. And "attitude problems" as well. I suspect at least one of those two things is limiting his playing time.
Never heard that he had a 'tude. He always impressed me as a fine upstanding young man during the interviews he did in the preseason.

seedhawk

Reaction score
CM is the horse we ride when ML is done. Seems to me I remember a pretty fair back named Alexander who was a marginal blocker in pass pro also.

olyfan63

Reaction score
ratso":2ykh4tf3 said:
HawkWow":2ykh4tf3 said:
sedrohawk":2ykh4tf3 said:

Never heard that he had a 'tude. He always impressed me as a fine upstanding young man during the interviews he did in the preseason.

Watching C-Mike run, yes, he has burst, and quickness and explosiveness.
He doesn't run with the authority and toughness of Lynch, or even Turbin, in tough situations.
I don't think he's competent at picking up blitzers just yet.

I think we have a young man with a lot of physical ability who needs to work away at learning the mental side of the game.
Kind of a Golden Tate case at running back. Remember Tate always had the physical talent, but didn't really seem to commit to doing the work and get down to doing it until his 3rd year with the team.
I think C-Mike will have a shorter learning curve than Tate did, but he is definitely going through a big learning curve.
I do think there are some "attitude" problems, but minor, more of an "adjustment" problem of consistently "bringing it" week to week, every practice, and developing good professional habits. C-Mike was the guy who could get by on physical talent in college, and didn't have to learn to work hard as much as is required in the NFL.

I'm still hoping for big things from him the last few games of the season, and for a couple key big plays in the playoffs.

C-Dub

Reaction score
As a runner, yes. He is electrifying.

As a blocker, no. He needs some work.

Not a huge fan of Turbin after contact. I feel he needs to work on lower body to keep his legs moving.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
He rapped about smoking weed in the RRR. That automatically makes him a thug

Latest posts