C Mike

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Please cite recent examples of any of the negative traits being cited above.

Thus far for whatever reason Pete has seen fit to keep him on the third string.I am fine with that so long as I know that he is still in the conversation. The brief glimpses I have seen of him lead me to belive he is a diamond in the rough. Not that rough based on todays performance.

kearly

Reaction score
I feel sorry for Spencer Ware, who played like Lynch-lite in the preseason but is clearly the 4th best RB on the team. I would not be the slightest bit surprised if Ware became a 1000 yard rusher for another team. It's ridiculous how loaded our team is at RB.

As far as Michael, he looks like a superstar running the ball. But I like what Pete is doing. Anyone else notice the strutting and the emotion from Michael? When Michael does get his chance, he's going to be one seriously hungry mofo. Lynch is playing his best ever, as is Turbin. Pete's using that as an excuse to motivate Michael for future seasons when he'll actually be needed.

HawkWow

Reaction score
-The Glove-":4i8xe4j6 said:
He rapped about smoking weed in the RRR. That automatically makes him a thug

More thug than Rhodes scholar, I'd say. I really don't care whether he raps about pot, or smokes pot, as long as it doesn't effect his play or lead to suspensions. There's no denying he's had issues in the past, having spent his final year in A&M's doghouse and missing mandatory meetings at the combine. I don't know the guy and don't want to know the guy. I just want him to produce on the football field.

"Lance Zierlein writes Texas A&M RB Christine Michael could fall to the fourth round. Zierlein cites character problems as the main reason Michael could fall despite being a very talented running back. NFL Network's Mike Mayock most recently said that Michael is unlikely to make it out of the second round despite the issues. It seems very difficult to gauge the running back's stock right now".

That last sentence continues to be the case.

OrFan

Reaction score
Maybe someday, but not today. A lot of work to do before we can rely on him instead of Turbin. He is fun to watch though, even if it is in garbage time when the other team has basically given up.

themunn

Reaction score
kmedic":xmvjmk70 said:
Michael is one of those guys that'll go 2, 2, -5, 3, then 25.

Turbin goes 3, 3, 4, 4, etc. Slightly more consistent and right now a much better blocker. He's the perfect 'backup' guy to spell Marshawn here and there. You can't do that with Michael. He needs an entire series to be productive.

Those are the same traits that separate Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch imo. AP is always a threat to break that massive run that switches the field, but you run the risk of running him twice and getting into 3rd and 7+ quite regularly. With Lynch you can be confident that running him twice will leave you with 3rd and less than 5. Yes there is the occasion where the opposite is true for both runners, but generally it holds true. Turbin is like Lynch but without that ability to turn those 3-4 yard gains into 10 yard gains. That's no slight on Turbs, Lynch is the ONLY guy in the league that does it regularly, and if he can do it for 3-4 more years and grab a ring or two in the process, he'll certainly be knocking on Canton's door.

With Michael, I really want to see him develop as a pass protector, not because he is deficient in that area - with all honesty I couldn't tell you anything about his pass pro aside from what I've.read on this board. However, he has ET speed, and could do some serious damage to teams in nickel or dime formations trying to defend the pass on draw plays - moreso than anyone on the roster, and I include Harvin in that (simply because Harvin will ALWAYS be under the watchful eye of the defense)

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Kid looks the part. He's going to fit in perfectly when he's polished.

[youtube]LCVqxFeWFoU[/youtube]

As an added bonus, he can rap a little better than ChopChop (second song on the video is a freestyle he did).

TwilightError

Reaction score
If Pete finds a way to get him on the field he will not leave it for years. I still would like to see him returning kicks.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I have no idea why he hasn't played and have felt he should of been in more all along. Regardless he looked incredible yesterday and I hope to see more of him in the near future. I think he takes some snaps away from Turbin as the year progresses.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
-The Glove-":17zkp08i said:
He rapped about smoking weed in the RRR. That automatically makes him a thug

Please tell me this is sarcastic.

Washington became one of the first states to legalize marijuana for recreational use in 2012.

According to Wikipedia: Thug: a common criminal, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire.

A guy rapping/singing about something doesn't make him a thug.

If some Seahawk grabbed an acoustic guitar and sang Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" and talked about shooting a Man in Reno just to watch him die, would that make him a murderous thug?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2wxrl2a8 said:
Garbage time or not, has Turbin ever had a carry over 4 yards? I'm partly kidding, but part of me isn't.

Michael had much better blocking to run behind. Watch all of Turbin's carries he didn't have a lot of room to run, Whereas C-Mike had several big runs where he had gigantic holes to run through.

I think it's premature, though I'd like to see more of C-Mike,

ErikG803

Reaction score
I do somewhat understand why he's having a hard time getting carries. Would love to see him returning kicks though. I like Kearse as a WR but he doesn't seem to be much of a threat from back there, his KR in the preseason aside.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I don't think anybody would say that his potential isn't obvious when looking at how explosive he is or how quickly he was hitting those cut backs and taking it for 10+.

I'm guessing that he's just not that great at blocking yet because they didn't hesitate to put him in once we were in garbage time and there was really no chance of us calling a passing play.

The thing that I liked a lot... kid looked absolutely keyed up at the end of his runs. He REALLY wants to play. Should serve as motivation to learn the blocking game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seanhawk":p1y6ntf2 said:
Garbage time or not, has Turbin ever had a carry over 4 yards? I'm partly kidding, but part of me isn't.

Which part of you feels ridiculous, as that's the most ridiculous comment I've seen on here in a long time.

Turbin averaged 4.2 ypc over his entire rookie season. He's on pace for 6.1 this year, if his stats carry out.

Like Hawkwow said, it's a rhythmic thing. I honestly don't get all the Turbin hate here. Here's a thread about Christine Michael (who I thought looked decent, but hey! the defense was worn down in the 4th quarter) and half the posts here are hating on Turbin. I just don't get it....no he's not the best back in the league, or even on our roster, but he's not as patently terrible as many here claim.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I like Turbin and he does a good job filling in. He seems to go down at contact a little too easily in my opinion but at times he shows good burst. Regardless of it being garbage time and if the blocking is better, Michael just looks much better on the eye test. Looking forward to seeing how they work this in the future.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Turbin isn't as good at Lynch at shedding tackles, but who is?

I remember a play where Babineaux broke through the line unblocked, got a 4 yard run at Turbin and caught him going off Tackle to the right side. Obviously, Turbin went down, and behind the line of scrimmage. My thought was "man, people are going to say what a bad play that was for Turbin and he went down to easily" but seriously, Lynch goes down to single tackles and he loses yardage as well. Babineaux would've pasted any RB in the league on that play.

I like what Kearly said about Michael being kept hungry. That could really play well for us if Michael gets some playing time in the last part of the season against poorer foes that we should be up comfortably on. Now we have a guy who is explosive and hungry with some game experience for the playoffs.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
To me, Turbo is a pretty ideal #2 back. He gets you a consistent 4 yards without having to be in rhythm, doesn't turn the ball over, blocks well and catches. As kmedic said, C-Mike is a guy who will get blown up if he doesn't have blocking, but can also hit the home run play if he has a hole. He's better suited as a rhythm back -- you put up with the negative yardage and small gains, because you know he'll go for 25+ on a single run if you give it to him enough. As of now, I think Turbo is probably more reliable at getting you into manageable down-and-distance as a #2.

I think the situation is good the way it is. No one is better than Marshawn. Turbo has been very effective as the #2. C-Mike is our insurance for both.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Kinda surprised by the responses...

Michael looked two fold better than Turbin and way more explosive, with better cut backs.

Won't mind if Turbin heads out, don't think he's a good back up RB anyway.

Just my take.

Latest posts