Falcons Fan Here

FalconzFan80

Reaction score
Hey how yall doin? first off i'm not here to talk smack, diss your team, etc. I have the up most respect for the Seatle Seahawks and their fans, on behalf of Falcons fans everywhere watching yall beat the Saints in the playoffs the year you got in with a 7-9 record was pure joy for us.

That being said, most Falcons fans dont think we have a chance in hadies to beat yall tomorrow. I see Falcons fans predicting scores like 41-14 Seahawks and this season is really a deja vu to past seasons we have had prior to 2008 and really even 2004.

I'm here because i'm wondering if there is anything about the Falcons that worries yall at all. Personally I think yall have the better over all team even if we were healthy because we suck in the trenches on both sides of the ball, your biggest concern on our defense is going to be our rookie DE Massequa and that's only if we can keep Wilson in the pocket. The Roddy White vs Sherman match up won't be as fun as the playoffs bc White just coming back from injury and i really don't think we have a healthy WR that could match up with Sherman lb for lb. Matt Ryan is coming off of 2 carreer worsts in 2 games in a row, how effective Ryan is against your defense depends on Ryan, if he has time and spreads the ball around to his no names he could have a big day, if he stares down Tony G and Roddy White then look to enjoy about 4 INTs from your defense.

Like i said, this is THE must win game for the Falcons and the only way we make the playoffs is to win out, I think were too banged up to pull it off and i don't see us winning this game against yall and at this point in the season the way Falcons fans abandon their team when they start losing it will probably feel like a home game to yall.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
In years past this a game I would predict a Seahawks loss, 10 am east coast game against a tough opponent, however as you have seen things have changed and although I don't expect the Seahawks to win by a lot I still see a win in the books for Seattle.

Nothing more than a 10 point margin, in my eyes. Matt Ryan throws another 2 INT's, Browner, Thomas.

firebee

Reaction score
FalconzFan80":2c7kwomj said:
Hey how yall doin? first off i'm not here to talk smack, diss your team, etc. I have the up most respect for the Seatle Seahawks and their fans, on behalf of Falcons fans everywhere watching yall beat the Saints in the playoffs the year you got in with a 7-9 record was pure joy for us.

That being said, most Falcons fans dont think we have a chance in hadies to beat yall tomorrow. I see Falcons fans predicting scores like 41-14 Seahawks and this season is really a deja vu to past seasons we have had prior to 2008 and really even 2004.

I'm here because i'm wondering if there is anything about the Falcons that worries yall at all. Personally I think yall have the better over all team even if we were healthy because we suck in the trenches on both sides of the ball, your biggest concern on our defense is going to be our rookie DE Massequa and that's only if we can keep Wilson in the pocket. The Roddy White vs Sherman match up won't be as fun as the playoffs bc White just coming back from injury and i really don't think we have a healthy WR that could match up with Sherman lb for lb. Matt Ryan is coming off of 2 carreer worsts in 2 games in a row, how effective Ryan is against your defense depends on Ryan, if he has time and spreads the ball around to his no names he could have a big day, if he stares down Tony G and Roddy White then look to enjoy about 4 INTs from your defense.

Like i said, this is THE must win game for the Falcons and the only way we make the playoffs is to win out, I think were too banged up to pull it off and i don't see us winning this game against yall and at this point in the season the way Falcons fans abandon their team when they start losing it will probably feel like a home game to yall.

Wish I was sure of the Seahawks beating the Falcons as the Falcons fans are. Jackson is back and he always seems to have a good day against the Hawks, which is bothersome due to our lack of run defense the last couple of games. Then we have our offensive line issues. Decent run blocking, but they haven't been able to give Wilson enough time to look at his first read, much less go through a progression or escape and extend a play on a consistent basis. I'd say the Falcons have a better chance at winning against the Hawks this game than they would if both teams were 100% healthy.

mikeak

Reaction score
Bad Dalcons O-line and I think we will dial up the blitzes which you indicate will have great results for us

We are fortunate in that Atlanta doesn't have a real pass rush. That should give RW 3 secs before he gets sacked which should be enough for him

Gonzalez scares me. He can probably get 15 passes tomorrow but I don't know if it will be enough

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
I wouldn't say there are Falcon specific things that concern us, as our weaknesses currently won't be exploited by the Falcons, due to where your weaknesses are.

However, there are TWO major current weaknesses that even teams with bad personnel have recently exploited.

1) OL - Our OL is a trainwreck, with 3 missing starters, 1 out of place LT (normally our LG) and a RG who has played on the OL for 1.5 years of his entire life. This is a major problem, though less scary facing ATL compared to STL, HOU, SF etc.

2) Run Defense - The last two weeks, SEA has showed zero capability of stopping the run, even with lesser name RBs doing the damage (Mike James, Zac Stacy). This is further an issue with Big Red Bryant out for this week's game. Quiz ran us over in the playoff game last year, so even though rush offense isn't a 2013 ATL strength, it's likely something the coaching staff will use more than what you're used to. It's been THAT bad the past couple weeks.

Galen96

Reaction score
firebee":1rj8b1cz said:
Jackson is back and he always seems to have a good day against the Hawks, which is bothersome due to our lack of run defense the last couple of games.

I don't believe Jackson has ever gone over 100yards against the Seahawks... So I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

Largent80

Reaction score
Teams we are "supposed" to beat have been giving us their best shot but somehow we get the W.

This version of the Hawks is more talented than last years team, but we have some chinks in the armour so it is hard to feel dominate even when the team is capable of going off at any time.

Seaswab

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2crdxsgb said:
In years past this a game I would predict a Seahawks loss, 10 am east coast game against a tough opponent, however as you have seen things have changed and although I don't expect the Seahawks to win by a lot I still see a win in the books for Seattle.

Nothing more than a 10 point margin, in my eyes. Matt Ryan throws another 2 INT's, Browner, Thomas.

Not sure where you get Jackson always has a good day against the Hawks. I don't think he's ever ran for 100 yards against us.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Matt Ryan will be the best QB we have faced since back in Week 5. Even without your receivers at full strength, our D could be in a for a big surprise as they have allowed some yards against backups and mediocre QBs over the last 4 games. Ryan is on a completely different level than the guys we have been facing so they need to have a healthy respect for him.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
FalconzFan80":195xznd2 said:

It's the last part that is scaring me. This whole season we seem to get the best game of the year against our opponents and I am worried the wear and tear is taking it's toll which would explain the last couple weeks performances against teams with talent that seem to get up for the game against us.

After the Rams game you could explain away the performance as the classic trap game but if that is correct then the Buc's at home should have been a blowout as trap games usually are accompanied with a wake up call. Seeing two games back to back like that has me nervous and now we are looking at a 10:00am (our time) start on a long trip against a talented QB and a team with it's back to the wall. Unfortunately this has all the ingredients of a loss for us right now.

I am hopeful that Pete get's these guy's back to basic's and on track but right now I am concerned that it might be more than just being caught by surprise.

Hopefully we can and come away with good health and a W but right now coming away with neither would not surprise me.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
firebee":1z05y8rt said:
Wish I was sure of the Seahawks beating the Falcons as the Falcons fans are. Jackson is back and he always seems to have a good day against the Hawks, which is bothersome due to our lack of run defense the last couple of games.
Jackson has never had a 100 yard game against the Hawks.

Largent80

Reaction score
Our schedule is weird this year with the Thursday nighter followed by a Monday nighter.

Several players on our defense were saying what a physical game it was an the Thursday game which followed another hard hitting game 3 days earlier on Sunday.

The 11 day layoff afterward did not improve this situation and TB came in and pushed us up and down the field until our offense finally pulled its head out of its arse.

I hope this explains a bit better.

hawk45

Reaction score
We've been unable to stop the run in 2 straight games to a really silly extent. Guys going for 150+ against us.

The Falcons lack of pass rush may mean that they don't get too many *sacks*, but we haven't been able to keep Wilson from getting beaten up in any of our games this season, whether opponents are purported to have a pass rush or not. Lack of a Falcon pass rush means Wilson will probably escape and be able to pass a bit, but then again who knows what hit is the one that sends him to the sideline with a concussion.

The Falcons have been struggling, and this means they are a scary matchup for the Seahawks, who have literally needed late-second or OT heroics to beat their last 2 "struggling" opponents.

What makes the Falcons even more scary is that, different from our last 2 opponents, they have their starting QB, who is a legit great QB in this league. Also, Gonzalez. Great TEs eat us up (to be fair they probably eat most teams up), unless their names are Vernon Davis.

Road game, 10am start.

On paper the Seahawks are capable of winning the game handily. Their recent play suggests otherwise, unfortunately. I think that there is plenty of hope for the Falcons this game. Run the ball a lot, and make your bones in the first half, and it's a ballgame.

Johnny

Reaction score
Hello FalconzFan80..

This game is not going to be easy for the Hawks, If you hadn't noticed we have struggled the past 2-3 weeks and I don't see it getting any easier vs. the Falcons this week. I highly doubt the Seahawks score 40 points in this game, I see this game coming down to who ever has the ball last, something like the playoff game we had with you last year... I predict the score Hawks 17-14.

P.s.

Not to be a jerk here, but I'm relieved that Jones will not be playing in this game and that White if he plays will be limited with injury.... If both those guys were playing and healthy I see this game totally differently... I would predict the Falcons winning it 24-17.

ensett

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1yp96myc said:
firebee":1yp96myc said:
Wish I was sure of the Seahawks beating the Falcons as the Falcons fans are. Jackson is back and he always seems to have a good day against the Hawks, which is bothersome due to our lack of run defense the last couple of games.
Jackson has never had a 100 yard game against the Hawks.

To further break this down, after 17 career games against the Seahawks, Jackson averages 66 yards per game and 3.8 yards per carry. He has had three 90+ yard games though, close enough to 100.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Yes but when you get 98 yards 2 touchdowns and 82 yards in the air it qualifies as a good game. However he has not done that to us in recent history.

firebee

Reaction score
I guess it just seemed like he had a big game against us last year because of the 7 catches he made. Though, I stand corrected.. His rushing averages aren't great against us and he is a shell of his former self.

Axx

Reaction score
I stopped reading at "y'all"

bleedblue

Reaction score
How bad do the Falcons want to win this one?

If they come out fighting for the win it could be a close one. I see the Hawks as having more playmakers, a couple more big plays gets us the win.