OK, so who's going to get traded?

Sac

Reaction score
I know many teams are probably licking their chops waiting for our scraps on cut down days. But that also means that many teams will have to hope the cuts we make clear waivers before they can sign someone.

I can see a few players of ours at deep positions holding the interest of other teams.

Doug Baldwin - If Williams and Chop Chop continue to look that good I can see Baldwin becoming trade bait.

Thurmond - Maxwell looked really really good out there.

Anyone else?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't see Baldwin or Thurmond going anywhere this year, personally.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Although I don't want to lose him, I suppose if we could get a 4th rounder for Maxwell that might be worth it as I don't expect him to get on the field for us much this year and I think this is the last year of his rookie contract. I'd rather keep Lane over Maxwell, since we control him for a couple more years.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Ya, Baldwin is not going anywhere. He plays a completely different position than Williams and Kearse. He is pretty much their sole slot guy (they like Tate outside better than in the slot).

m0ng0

Reaction score
that is what good teams do, churn the roster and sell off talent that is expendable.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Baldwin isn't going anywhere. He has proven himself in regular season games that matter. Kearse and Williams are "looking good"....in camp and pre-season. You always have to remember that this time of year...the ones that look great, it's a HUGE transition to doing it in the regular season.

Even a guy like Mayowa...I still don't see a spot for him on the final 53.

Maxwell looks much better, but I still think the front office is very enamored with Thurmond. I think we keep 6 CBs, so I expect both to stick anyways.

iigakusei

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3f248xxj said:
Although I don't want to lose him, I suppose if we could get a 4th rounder for Maxwell that might be worth it as I don't expect him to get on the field for us much this year and I think this is the last year of his rookie contract. I'd rather keep Lane over Maxwell, since we control him for a couple more years.

If someone offered a 4th rounder for Maxwell it would take 1 second for JS to take that deal. Would never happen though.
Maybe a corner for tight end move might make sense...although there is almost never player for player trades in the NFL.

A

Anonymous

Baldwin stays.

I say we trade-off a linebacker. We are DEEP there and can't keep them all, IMO.

Who? Not sure yet. I'm still collating.

ensett

Reaction score
Williams had 2 catches and 1 drop, he hasnt prove jack. No where close to making the team yet let alone worth trading proven talent away to keep.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Don't mean to kill your buzz. But I don't see any trades. The guys on the team who'd fetch something in a trade, aren't going anywhere. And the fringe guys who look intriguing, yet might not make it here, won't fetch anything. Teams will simply sit and wait to see who the Hawks cut.

And really now. You don't bounce a proven cog like Baldwin for preseason flashers. Come now.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I didn't think Thurmond looked good at all.

Maxwell looked good.

Lane could be a candidate.

I see Bradley waiting for whatever DBs we cut to scoop up pronto. We can't keep them all but I don't see any significant trades.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
I think we trade a DB.

Schneider supposedly turned down trade offers for Baldwin this offseason.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Bradley might bite on someone, their only TE worth anything is Lewis so i don't think they would part with him.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I think Jeremy Lane, Byron Maxwell, and Winston Guy could get some interest from the Jags and Jets.

Seafan

Reaction score
Teams like the Jags and Jets who know the Hawk roster might want to offer 7th rounders for a couple of our guys before they hit the wire.

Possible expendables: McDonald, McQuistan, Guy, Robinson, Jeanpierre, Person, Blackmon, Parker.

usc17hawk

Reaction score
I wish we could trade Harvin, but he's injured. It's somewhat ironic that they cut Doucet for failure to disclose an injury, but we knew exactly what we were getting into with Harvin and still made the bet that he'd be healthy. I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong, but I feel another Deion Branch situation.