OK, so who's going to get traded?

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Despite how the coaches have raved about him during the offseason, Turbin could be expendable for a 5th rounder. Ware is capable of replacing him on the roster.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Seafan":fc1j2zxc said:
Teams... might want to offer 7th rounders for a couple of our guys before they hit the wire.

Yeah, I would agree with this much. Seems like before the final cuts, there could be some deals made that may have been discussed with this in mind. I'm sure those sorts of workings will be going on over the next couple of weeks - whether any trades happen or not. It would depend on the player and team need. It would be worth it for a team with a specific need to ensure they get that help for little cost. There could also be some movement after the final cuts. So, don't anyone get used to the final roster. It's never really final anyway.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ensett":o0oouyr1 said:
Williams had 2 catches and 1 drop, he hasnt prove jack. No where close to making the team yet let alone worth trading proven talent away to keep.
The tall boy, wth decent hands Williams, had two sensational catches, and this only being the first of pre-season games, IF he keeps up with doing that I see the Seahawks taking the chance on keeping him.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3mqonxz1 said:
Despite how the coaches have raved about him during the offseason, Turbin could be expendable for a 5th rounder. Ware is capable of replacing him on the roster.

Well, the only thing I don't really want to see is too much messing around with team chemistry from a winning roster last season. Yes, make improvements. But, don't simply make so many moves you've lost what you had. I'm sure the business side of it has more to do with it sometimes than we would like or would make sense otherwise. Having said that, maybe it's not the young Turbin that gets traded. (And no, I'm not even hinting at Lynch.)

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Schneider made it clear he won't trade away Baldwin.

I don't understand why some fans fantasize trading away an effective player for a draft pick that might not even pan out. The team has been rebuilt to the point that a drafted player probably won't see the field that much over the next several years.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
It's not about fantasizing. It's about knowing today you can't keep everybody and what you're holding is a valuable commodity.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Jeron johnson, Maxwell, and Thurmond are would be starters on some teams is a 7th worth it to loose such high quality depth? I say only if we know we r cutting them and that their replacement is not a big drop off.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3iadb1wg said:
ensett":3iadb1wg said:
Williams had 2 catches and 1 drop, he hasnt prove jack. No where close to making the team yet let alone worth trading proven talent away to keep.
The tall boy, wth decent hands Williams, had two sensational catches, and this only being the first of pre-season games, IF he keeps up with doing that I see the Seahawks taking the chance on keeping him.
Yes, if he keeps playing this way, absolutely keep Williams. He plays with fire in his gut. The knock on him has been staying healthy, correct? There were high hopes for him in Arizona. He brings a much needed added dimension - one that Arizona thought they had until he dealt with injuries. If the Hawks get, just to name a few, a healthy Williams, Thurmond (finally), Bradford seemingly out of nowhere, Alvin Bailey earning playing time on the line, Howard deciding to play like the force he can be, et al... this team could be even more loaded than any of us could have imagined (and then get Irvin and Harvin back eventually.)

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Turbin isn't going anywhere.

I think we are going to hold on to five RBs - Lynch, Turbin, Michael, Robinson, Ware. I really want to keep Coleman too, though. Maaaaan, this sucks.

I think we might trade a LB and a CB, probably one to Jacksonville. I am going to root for them in the AFC as I have mentioned before. I want to see Schneider and Carroll start a new coaching/GM tree that everyone traces back to in the next decade.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1loc9c5m said:
Don't mean to kill your buzz. But I don't see any trades. The guys on the team who'd fetch something in a trade, aren't going anywhere. And the fringe guys who look intriguing, yet might not make it here, won't fetch anything. Teams will simply sit and wait to see who the Hawks cut.

And really now. You don't bounce a proven cog like Baldwin for preseason flashers. Come now.

Agreed on Baldwin, although I'd probably trade him if Harvin could stay healthy. I guess teams looked into his trade availability last year and Schneider shot them down.

As for teams not trading anything for guys they know who will be cut....meh I guess that depends. In our secondary's case where we have elite starters and tons of high end talent backing them up, it's possible. It's not like it's a well kept secret how good our defense is, or how deep we are. Lots of teams are probably waiting for our cuts as well as SF's. Thing is, if a team puts in a claim on the waiver wire, it's still not certain you'll get that guy if a worse team also puts in a claim, so if you really want a guy, you need to cough up a late round pick for him.

Not saying it happens a lot, but in this particular case, I could see it happening.

King Dog

Reaction score
I think it's borderline delusional personally to think we could get anything in return for Thurmond. Maybe if he stayed healthy this entire year, but that's a big if.

McGruff

Reaction score
I'm not willing to trade great depth players for 7th round picks during a potential Superbowl season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We have a ton of depth, no need to go trade some pieces for the hell of it all willy-nilly style.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3nqbwte5 said:
It's not about fantasizing. It's about knowing today you can't keep everybody and what you're holding is a valuable commodity.

Exactly, if management believes the quality difference between the guy you're forced to cut (e.g. Ware, or Mayowa) and the guy slightly better (e.g. Turbin) that you keep is very small, then it sometimes makes more sense from both a long-term and short-term perspective to trade the guy who has more trade value. You're trying to build a team that will compete for a Super Bowl year after year, and that means compiling extra draft picks when you can to replace players you lose in free agency.

sc85sis

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":k5ol77mj said:
Why we we trade away a second-year, 4th round pick who came on strong at the end of last season for a 5th round pick?

Schadie001

Reaction score
Baldwin isn't going anywhere, he is too cheap and plays the slot. Neither Williams nor Harper are slot guys.

If they trade anyone it will be to ditch money....so all the young guys on there first contracts are probably pretty safe. It will be a vet that gets traded if a young guy really stands out.