OK, so who's going to get traded?

Jville

Reaction score
The Jacksonville Jaguars drafted two safeties and three cornerbacks. If they were to trade for a defensive back, it would be for an experienced veteran with a proven track record of leadership. That's what Gus Bradley had in Lawyer Millory at the start of Seattle's rebuilding process in 2010.

With regards to Winston Guy, I see a lot of similarities in the hype around him and that of a previous ... long armed ... in the box .... prospect by the name of Jamar Adams.

EDIT: I fully expect the Seahawks to carry 6 cornerbacks into the season.

chris98251

Reaction score
There have been a lot of skill position injuries already, also we seem to have good depth on o line and linebacker, teams that want to push to get to the playoffs this year and have been impacted will be looking for starter quality or close to as they can. We have a couple Linebackers, CB's and our WR's are showing flash also. WR's have taken a beating this year already.

I don't see a lot going on right away, but after the next weeks game teams may get ansy and want to lock a player up they think can help and start making phone calls. This is our year to push, John won't trade away value for the sake of just a draft pick. Well unless he can really fleece a team and we have a player we believe is comperable that hasn't garnerd attention yet.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2ahl5tno said:
Don't mean to kill your buzz. But I don't see any trades. The guys on the team who'd fetch something in a trade, aren't going anywhere. And the fringe guys who look intriguing, yet might not make it here, won't fetch anything. Teams will simply sit and wait to see who the Hawks cut.

And really now. You don't bounce a proven cog like Baldwin for preseason flashers. Come now.

I agree with this I don't remember the Patriots getting draft picks for their near-cuts. I feel like teams will take their chances grabbing players through the waiver process.

To think Maxwell would earn a 4th rounder when he hasn't played cornerback in a regular season game is pretty funny.

chris98251

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2guy80qt said:
SeaTown81":2guy80qt said:
Don't mean to kill your buzz. But I don't see any trades. The guys on the team who'd fetch something in a trade, aren't going anywhere. And the fringe guys who look intriguing, yet might not make it here, won't fetch anything. Teams will simply sit and wait to see who the Hawks cut.

And really now. You don't bounce a proven cog like Baldwin for preseason flashers. Come now.

I agree with this I don't remember the Patriots getting draft picks for their near-cuts. I feel like teams will take their chances grabbing players through the waiver process.

To think Maxwell would earn a 4th rounder when he hasn't played cornerback in a regular season game is pretty funny.

He has when Browner was out last year......................... Him and Lane both got time.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Perhaps our burgeoning depth at WR may come in handy and be of some interest to the Chargers. They previously lost Danario Alexander for the year. Robert Meachem can barely move at this point. And today they lost Malcolm Floyd to what could be a season-ending knee injury. San Diego is in a bad, bad way at WR right now.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I think the bigger question is not who do we trade away, but what team has a viable Tight End that we could trade FOR? We are way thin at that position. Now Pete and John may be saying that we are fine, but I think we all can see otherwise right now, that the TE's are just way too thin. Unless someone steps up big in the next week or so I could see them looking to obtain one somewhere.

Schadie001

Reaction score
First, Baldwin is costing us next to nothing...second, Harvin is hurt so he's the starting slot. No way we trade him away. Williams plays split end and Kearse plays outside as well. Tate would be behind Baldwin in the slot.

Turbin again costs us nothing. He is the closest we have to Beastmode, not ware, not michaels. Turbin isn't going anywhere.

HawkWow

Reaction score
On Turbin....I feel very fortunate to have him. Especially with a year under his belt. Unless someone out there wants to offer us a (projected) mid-rd 3, I don't see us moving him. Turbin actually had a real good year last year and he had to have been playing through nerves. Imagine being a rookie stepping in for the Beast. There were times I felt he ran a bit tentatively but other than a couple dropped balls (and refusing to score a TD), I think Turbin more than lived up to the expectations of our staff.

I fully anticipate him (ultimately) playing the role of Kevin Mack to Michael's role of Ernest Byner on this team.

Uffda

Reaction score
SDHawk":2qa8cccc said:
I think Jeremy Lane, Byron Maxwell, and Winston Guy could get some interest from the Jags and Jets.

I totally agree.

Thinking we could add afew more teams to that list , likely dallas and san diego right now. Though after preseason more.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point on Guy, he seems like he's trying to be "tough guy" etc. I was at the practice when he undercut Williams. Make no mistake about it, it was a flat out cheap shot.
710 was talking about him as well, about how he's acting like a jackwad at practices. Shoot, the way Maxwell is playing, if they can get a pick for him, do it.

Latest posts