What is going on with Wilson? Has he become distracted?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely. We said it as soon as the game was over. The Russ bashers are loving this.
Because, that's super productive.

iigakusei

Reaction score
John63":2tgm2ruo said:
iigakusei":2tgm2ruo said:
https://people.com/style/ciara-and-russell-wilson-launch-collaborative-perfume-the-rc-fragrance-duo/

Good for them does not mean it is distractinghim from Football.

It was a joke, of course the guy should have interests and business ventures outside of football. I know I would.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Welshers":2fpqki3l said:
In my opinion it has nothing to do with the MVP like some people are saying. He is a total team guy and cares about winning first and foremost. Against Arizona on the 3rd and 2 at the end of the game that would have iced it they gave him the option to audible to a pass if he wanted. He liked what he saw in the D and opted tohand it off. If he was just in this for MVP wouldn't he be audibling to passes in situations like that? He's a team guy.

Good write up though. You put a lot of effort into that post. I just don't agree MVP has anything to do with it.

Some factors of what I think is going on with him:
-We have no running game right now. Teams can just focus on the pass. That makes it so much harder for him. At the beginning of the season teams still thought of us as a very run heavy team, as we had been the past few years. So they prepared to defend the run as well. Now they can focus only on the pass. Getting Carson back should help with this.
-He has taken a ton of hits recently. 6 sacks vs LA and 5 against Buffalo. It would be a lot more if not for his escape artist abilities. If you look at some of the highlights today the pressure was near instantaneous. He just doesn't have time. And taking that sort of damage surely takes a toll on your game. You get tired both mentally and physically.
-I think there is so much pressure on him because of our D that he is trying to do too much.

Normally I don't even read all my responses unless it's some very statistical thing like my 2 examples of really old posts... It's just so hard to put yourself on the line with opinions these days...

I'm a nobody, I have nothing to lose... no public opinion will sway either way based on my Seahawks Analysis... but I still feel a little worried to speak my mind... I think that's a good example of the society in 2020... there's a ton of really smart people that have good ideas or want to improve the world but they are scared to be heard with the modern Social Media...

That being said...

You were very nice response, thoughtful, constructive, and logical...

I agree with you, the way I have always viewed Russell Wilson is that he played like it had nothing to do with his stats it was all about wins... the crazy thing is that his stats were insane without even playing for stats... he just had the "gift" or whatever u want to call it... he knows how to win in ways that nobody can simply analyze for some website...

Overall I agree with all your points... I'm just adding some different takes to the recent situation.

I especially agree with his escape artist ability you mentioned... even with our Legion of Boom, and Marshawn Lynch... I don't think we could of won a Super Bowl or be in a position to win 1-2 more Superbowls (than we actually did) if Wilson wasn't able to play around our absolutely atrocious offensive line from the past... if you look at those games from 2012-2014 I don't even think they could analyze his play statistically... there's no precedent in NFL history that I'm aware of where a guy has arguably the worst offensive line in the league but still has almost 3:1 TD to interception ratio, over 100 passer rating, and insane yards per attempt in rushing...

I'm not sure if those stats will ever be measurable in the NFL record books but... what I saw is he was playing like an obvious MVP candidate to even complete one single pass behind those offensive lines... I think the defense and Marshawn Lynch were so good that people didn't even recognize how every game he was doing amazing things that we've never seen... or that he was so efficient and smart we just take it for granted...

The only surprise to me is how long Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, particularly Tom Brady have lasted... when I wrote my post after our Super Bowl win my top 5 QB list looked like this:

1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Russell Wilson

I couldn't predict Rodgers, Brees, or especially Brady would still be good in 2020...

What I predicted would of happened by 2020 would be like:

1) Russell Wilson
2) Aaron Rodgers
3) Drew Brees
4) ?
5) ?

But now you have Patrick Mohomes out of nowhere so it's more like this based on the Super Bowl win... I think Wilson is just as dangerous as Patrick Mohomes if they are both at their best but it's history man... you can't argue it so right now it looks like:

1) Patrick Mahomes
2) Russell Wilson
3) Aaron Rodgers
4) Tom Brady (until he loses again)
5) Drew Brees

I'm pretty hyped though our defense showed up big time like I was hoping they could... Carlos Hyde seems more comfortable in our system now where it seems we have 2 good running backs (I knew his potential I just never saw it till this last game)....

Not only that but Wilson was back to what I'm used to... playing like an all time great... super efficient, no mistakes, makes all the smart plays and makes it look easy... play like that and we have a chance to win it all... especially if the defense continues these trends of dominance like our last games vs SF and Arizona... it's very encouraging I am officially hyped. GO HAWKS!

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
hgwellz12":zv1i0lx7 said:
Tokadub, thanks for posting those two links from back in the day! That was quite a pleasant trip down memory lane!

I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

It really doesn't matter who was right or wrong but you can so clearly see the overwhelming passion and love that we all have for this team...

There are so many good memories in our past games, amazing performances, legendary players (both former and active), etc... I am thankful for having such a great team and an amazing community to proudly represent our team.

This is the most hopeful I've been that we can do it since 2014... yes, we haven't shown our full potential yet but I don't think it's crazy to believe...

GO HAWKS!

W

Welshers

Tokadub":kqzmtziv said:
Welshers":kqzmtziv said:
In my opinion it has nothing to do with the MVP like some people are saying. He is a total team guy and cares about winning first and foremost. Against Arizona on the 3rd and 2 at the end of the game that would have iced it they gave him the option to audible to a pass if he wanted. He liked what he saw in the D and opted tohand it off. If he was just in this for MVP wouldn't he be audibling to passes in situations like that? He's a team guy.

Good write up though. You put a lot of effort into that post. I just don't agree MVP has anything to do with it.

Some factors of what I think is going on with him:
-We have no running game right now. Teams can just focus on the pass. That makes it so much harder for him. At the beginning of the season teams still thought of us as a very run heavy team, as we had been the past few years. So they prepared to defend the run as well. Now they can focus only on the pass. Getting Carson back should help with this.
-He has taken a ton of hits recently. 6 sacks vs LA and 5 against Buffalo. It would be a lot more if not for his escape artist abilities. If you look at some of the highlights today the pressure was near instantaneous. He just doesn't have time. And taking that sort of damage surely takes a toll on your game. You get tired both mentally and physically.
-I think there is so much pressure on him because of our D that he is trying to do too much.

Normally I don't even read all my responses unless it's some very statistical thing like my 2 examples of really old posts... It's just so hard to put yourself on the line with opinions these days...

I'm a nobody, I have nothing to lose... no public opinion will sway either way based on my Seahawks Analysis... but I still feel a little worried to speak my mind... I think that's a good example of the society in 2020... there's a ton of really smart people that have good ideas or want to improve the world but they are scared to be heard with the modern Social Media...

That being said...

You were very nice response, thoughtful, constructive, and logical...

I agree with you, the way I have always viewed Russell Wilson is that he played like it had nothing to do with his stats it was all about wins... the crazy thing is that his stats were insane without even playing for stats... he just had the "gift" or whatever u want to call it... he knows how to win in ways that nobody can simply analyze for some website...

Overall I agree with all your points... I'm just adding some different takes to the recent situation.

I especially agree with his escape artist ability you mentioned... even with our Legion of Boom, and Marshawn Lynch... I don't think we could of won a Super Bowl or be in a position to win 1-2 more Superbowls (than we actually did) if Wilson wasn't able to play around our absolutely atrocious offensive line from the past... if you look at those games from 2012-2014 I don't even think they could analyze his play statistically... there's no precedent in NFL history that I'm aware of where a guy has arguably the worst offensive line in the league but still has almost 3:1 TD to interception ratio, over 100 passer rating, and insane yards per attempt in rushing...

I'm not sure if those stats will ever be measurable in the NFL record books but... what I saw is he was playing like an obvious MVP candidate to even complete one single pass behind those offensive lines... I think the defense and Marshawn Lynch were so good that people didn't even recognize how every game he was doing amazing things that we've never seen... or that he was so efficient and smart we just take it for granted...

The only surprise to me is how long Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, particularly Tom Brady have lasted... when I wrote my post after our Super Bowl win my top 5 QB list looked like this:

1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Russell Wilson

I couldn't predict Rodgers, Brees, or especially Brady would still be good in 2020...

What I predicted would of happened by 2020 would be like:

1) Russell Wilson
2) Aaron Rodgers
3) Drew Brees
4) ?
5) ?

But now you have Patrick Mohomes out of nowhere so it's more like this based on the Super Bowl win... I think Wilson is just as dangerous as Patrick Mohomes if they are both at their best but it's history man... you can't argue it so right now it looks like:

1) Patrick Mahomes
2) Russell Wilson
3) Aaron Rodgers
4) Tom Brady (until he loses again)
5) Drew Brees

I'm pretty hyped though our defense showed up big time like I was hoping they could... Carlos Hyde seems more comfortable in our system now where it seems we have 2 good running backs (I knew his potential I just never saw it till this last game)....

Not only that but Wilson was back to what I'm used to... playing like an all time great... super efficient, no mistakes, makes all the smart plays and makes it look easy... play like that and we have a chance to win it all... especially if the defense continues these trends of dominance like our last games vs SF and Arizona... it's very encouraging I am officially hyped. GO HAWKS!
You write some very well thought out and strong posts. No reason to be worried about speaking your mind. It is incredible the longevity of these QBs. I think the mvp this year will come down to Wilson vs mahomes. If russel doesn't throw 4 plus touchdowns a game for at least the next four I beliebe it will take some bad games from Mahomes for russ to win it. Lots of football left and anything can happen. But everything I've read and las Vegas as well has Mahomes as the favorite with russ as a close second.