Our LT

Largent80

Reaction score
Fant has a huge ceiling and graded out well vs the Patriots which have a decent defense.

Is he the guy?......At this point I say yes he is unless his ceiling falls on him.

We know what Sowell is and we also know what drafting a good LT means. It means we need to trade a bunch to move up to get a guy because I see us deep into the playoffs.

Fant is doing remarkably well for a basketball player. It really is amazing and a credit to him and the staff.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Largent80":2f2v09x3 said:
Fant has a huge ceiling and graded out well vs the Patriots which have a decent defense.

Is he the guy?......At this point I say yes he is unless his ceiling falls on him.

We know what Sowell is and we also know what drafting a good LT means. It means we need to trade a bunch to move up to get a guy because I see us deep into the playoffs.

Fant is doing remarkably well for a basketball player. It really is amazing and a credit to him and the staff.

Wait, you thought the Patriots had a decent defense? :)

But, I do like Fant, he's big, agile and can move... he needs time.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Patriots are at about 14th overall defensively, so yeah. The Bills have a pretty good front and although he had a couple gaffs, he did ok.

I just think it's great he could be the guy and we used no capital to get him.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Between him a Sowell, I don't think it's a question-Fant wins that. Sowell just gives up and stands there if he gets beat. He had a real bad lazy trait in games. I re-watched several games specifically paying attention to the OL, and he was just not putting forth much effort. Fant on the other hand is giving 110%.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'm not in the meetings and I can't speak intelligently about how Fant/Sowell fares relative to their assignments.

It definitely does feel like Fant, even at this early stage, is journeyman quality. Pete offered up in his presser that Fant didn't miss any assignments. So at the very least he looks like he's able to process the game adequately against what was a fairly vanilla defensive front and scheme this past week.

I do however concede a significant amount of confirmation bias when regarding his play. I want him to be successful for many reasons outside of immediate success. I suppose we'll know how comfortable the team is with his current quality over the next couple weeks.

This week is going to be a real stiff test for him.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Is Sowell going to get the start when he's healthy?

The way Pete was talking in yesterday's presser, he made it seem that when Sowell is back, he's going to play

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Fant is leaving it all the field. he has nothing to lose and everything to gain. hes a great story. great stories are what this team is built on. Doug Baldwin, Kearse(until recently), Kam(late round pick), bobby wagner(who is this guy the seahawks just drafted in the 2nd round) Sherm, Wilson. This FO each year comes up with these gems and Fant could be this years diamond in the rough.

I say we stick with him. Hes big. Physical. I like him

Jville

Reaction score
I hesitate to post in a thread that trashes a player in route to advocate for a competitor. Trashing a Seahawk is totally unnecessary and leaves a very poor taste.

However .................................................................... [tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/798687230134919169[/tweet]

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Just remember that the pats only sent three guys many times so it's not like it was a massive test although he did look good and has what seems to be the most upside of any left tackle weve had in years
I hope he stays in , just because I know if he gets more exp the guy could be really good
Next year ought to be a lot easier on russ and if we can finally hold up to the damn rams I'm sold :irishdrinkers:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Jville":3dod6367 said:
I hesitate to post in a thread that trashes a player in route to advocate for a competitor. Trashing a Seahawk is totally unnecessary and leaves a very poor taste.

However .................................................................... [tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/798687230134919169[/tweet]

That's it, this is proof that Fant is the illegitimate son of Walter Jones and the second coming of his greatness.

Check this out.

Fant is 4 letters, Jones is 5.

Just add an "s" at the end of Fant to become Fants then drop the F to a J, drop the A to an O, keep N and if you adjust that T into an E... Omg... Jones.

#Confirmed

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
If we are talking about experience over one that doesn't have one, remember Paul McQuistan......when he did started he made our Oline look bad, but before coming to Seattle he already had 5 years of NFL experience.

The last time a player asked tips from an ex Seahawks, they turned out pretty good.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2byjxdx5 said:
Jville":2byjxdx5 said:

That's it, this is proof that Fant is the illegitimate son of Walter Jones and the second coming of his greatness.

Check this out.

Just add an "s" at the end of Fant to become Fants then drop the F to a J, drop the A to an O, keep N and if you adjust that T into an E... Omg... Jones.

#Confirmed

Hahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/798999166160486400[/tweet]

xgeoff

Reaction score
Jerhawk":12jzw2dh said:
Is Sowell going to get the start when he's healthy?

The way Pete was talking in yesterday's presser, he made it seem that when Sowell is back, he's going to play

I got just the opposite impression. Pete said that Sowell is back and ready to compete for the job. That indicates to me that it's Fant's job for now and Sowell has to compete to take it away. Which I highly doubt will happen unless Fant has a meltdown.

Jville

Reaction score
What I heard Pete say was that it is open competition (as always) and they will figure out who starts later on in the week.

I suppose that is a example of addressing a question with a commitment to answer it later in the week.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Patriots don't have a good pass defense. #27 DVOA, and their fans are wringing their hands over the weakness of their pass rush. Most of their defensive success over the years has been from opposing offenses having to get one-dimensional (and thus predictable) in order to keep up with Brady.

I'm not saying Fant isn't improving, but NE was the easiest test he's faced in his short career. PHI will be the hardest.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Largent80":g4pmugjv said:
Patriots are at about 14th overall defensively, so yeah. The Bills have a pretty good front and although he had a couple gaffs, he did ok.

I just think it's great he could be the guy and we used no capital to get him.

Yep, his play looks promising. He was 'assignment correct' were Cable's straight-shooting words, which is a good thing; however, he did allow quite few pressures, so he has ways to go with technique and tricks of the trade. I was very encouraged to hear the Big Walt is giving him guidance. I take that as and indication that Walt sees something in him. We all were spoiled with Walt's very rare talent, but also have to remember that he played football for a major program in College whereas Fant -the basketball player- taking crash course. The fact that he actually can hold his own at times is remarkable. He already seems to pickup things quicker than Bailey, who had similar physical ability and attributes, but either couldn't or wouldn't progress/learn.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3oavd1tr said:
Jville":3oavd1tr said:

Check this out.

#Confirmed

This is wrong. Fant's father is obviously Shawn Kemp. Shawn Kemp is everyone's father.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Seanhawk":26r38xvp said:
Seahawk_Dan":26r38xvp said:
Jville":26r38xvp said:

Check this out.

#Confirmed

This is wrong. Fant's father is obviously Shawn Kemp. Shawn Kemp is everyone's father.

If I was any ANY Offensive line player on this team.. I would beg on my knees to Jones for tips and anything this man can provide. It's an invaluable resource for anyone, and I'm not sure why it's never been, or reported that it's been done before in fact, if I was Cable, I'd do what ever I can to help coach.. same with Largent.