Trade one of our TE’s

Kinger95

Reaction score
I honestly think that TE is an area we could trade from to bolster the LB position.

I know dissley would incur too much dead money and the front office obviously likes him to give him the contract they did plus coming off injury he probably doesn’t have great trade value but I really think there has to be an opportunity to trade either fant or parkinson for a LB to fill a huge hole we have there. Looks like bobby is gonna pick between the bills and raiders, Barton wasn’t retained and brooks is a question mark with his injury. Really don’t know if 2 rookie linebackers is realistic. I also don’t see how we re-sign fant with the amount we pay dissley already. Anyone else think the TE room is a bit too overkill at the moment?

Jville

Reaction score
Zero benefit to trading one of the team's three tight ends. The threesome was just warming up last year. Can't wait to see their encore performance in both the run game and passing game. They're locked in. It's gonna be great!

EDIT: Spelling Correction. That they're instead of their spelling again.

Last edited:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If the opportunity presents itself, I would trade Fant for a equally talented and simitar age LB.

And then I would hope that Darnell Washington lasts until #20. The TE group is one of the strengths of this draft. If we miss on Washington there's other options on Day 2 and even Day 3.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Worst. Take. Ever.

Having 3 TE's with varying skillsets but enough overlap to step in for one and other depending on the situation is so huge on a team without much receiver depth that unless you're getting a great receiver in exchange, there's no way to get enough value back to compensate. Especially for a team that is going to have at least two new O-Line starters.

Rat

Reaction score
We'd be lucky to get more than a mid-round pick for any of them. Collectively, they're good, but none of them have much trade value individually.

Last edited:

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Nah. No thanks we just picked up the option on Fant. Our tight end group was one of the most productive in the league logging over a thousand yards and we use all three often

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
I know dissley would incur too much dead money and the front office obviously likes him to give him the contract they did plus coming off injury he probably doesn’t have great trade value...

Yeah he seems to get injured a lot. He looked like he was going to be a real big phenom his rookie season, but then he got hurt early on for the rest of the year. Then the same thing happened his second year. Then last year toward the end of the season. Very exasperating. Wish he was more durable.

renofox

Reaction score
If the opportunity presents itself, I would trade Fant for a equally talented and simitar age LB.

And then I would hope that Darnell Washington lasts until #20. The TE group is one of the strengths of this draft. If we miss on Washington there's other options on Day 2 and even Day 3.
This would be an incredibly good move.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Frankly, I was rather disappointed that later in the season last year we seemed to get away from those 3TE sets.
Yup - post Munich they were as rare as hen's teeth!

3TE sets were supposed to be the backbone - and they were - right up until Pete got spooked after Munich -

A-Dog

Reaction score
Honestly I miss the days when we had George Fant lining up as TE. I am so down with going 3TE and running the ball down other teams throats.

I don't think we should get rid of one now unless we can definitely find a good replacement. We need 3 playable TEs minimum, especially with Dissly's injury history.

I do think we are at a point where we need to think about reloading at the position. Would LOVE to get Washington at 20 to be that great blocking TE and then next offseason it's a matter of deciding who to among the other three (Fant and Parkinson will be FA and Dissly could be cut next year for cap savings).