Pressure on Wilson to sign?

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
Had a thought this morning after seeing Russell post on facebook of him and Ciara and saying "The One"

So here is the logic. Let's take him at face value on what he is saying.

1. Ciara is "The One"
2. He isn't having sex, but saying it is hard and needs us to pray for him.

Pressure point #1. He want to get married, thus he can have guilt free sex.

If he gets married before he signs a new contract he will have to give here half. If he can sign the contract first as a minimum the sign portions of the contract he can have a prenup to protect him. He has already had divorce and that should have cost him plenty.

Pressure point #2. He needs to get a new contract soon, sign a prenup.

Smellyman

Reaction score
He already divorced and she makes good cash (net worth of 16 mil and rising)

Perhaps she should be worried and write the prenup

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
They are both wealthy superstars. They will have a prenup regardless.

McGruff

Reaction score
Getting married for guilt free sex is a pathetic and woefully innacurate view of marriage. Its also a recipe for marital disaster. signing a contract to get out of a legal obligation is lowhanded and immoral.

Every part of the OP undermines and contradicts everything we know about Wilson's faith, character, morality and values.

pmedic920

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2yxww8v2 said:
They are both wealthy superstars. They will have a prenup regardless.

I think you're right.
Also it doesn't matter one bit if he gets his deal done before or after a marriage. If the agreement is written correctly.

mikeak

Reaction score
The one means she got pregnant without them having sex. Ironically the one refers to the second son....

No?

rideaducati

Reaction score
McGruff":22u70oo1 said:
Getting married for guilt free sex is a pathetic and woefully innacurate view of marriage. Its also a recipe for marital disaster. signing a contract to get out of a legal obligation is lowhanded and immoral.

Every part of the OP undermines and contradicts everything we know about Wilson's faith, character, morality and values.

Married people know this to be true because once married, the sex comes to a virtual stop. Maybe abstaining before marriage will prolong the guilt free sex after marriage for a little while...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
OlyHawkFan":t4nbye7i said:
If he gets married before he signs a new contract he will have to give here half.

Not a family law attorney, but the timing of his NFL contract really has nothing to do with it. Assuming a pre-nup is signed, husband and wife can agree on how income earned during the marriage will be classified.

OP
OP
O

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
McGruff":33zq0i24 said:

While I might agree with you in principle. I have already questioned his faith and character. He is already divorced once, what does his faith say about that. As far as values who would have thought he have a baseball agent try and get every cent he could. Sounds pretty greedy which does match his personality.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
OlyHawkFan":3vb8du7f said:
McGruff":3vb8du7f said:

While I might agree with you in principle. I have already questioned his faith and character. He is already divorced once, what does his faith say about that. He is never seen with or talking about his child from that marriage, you seen plenty of pictures of his dogs and Ciara. As far as values who would have thought he have a baseball agent try and get every cent he could. Sounds pretty greedy which does match his personality.

That's because he never had a child.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
McGruff":206kvodt said:

Well he got a divorce right before he's do a huge contract so let's not make him out to be the second coming ok he's just a man.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Prenups mean nothing in WA state. You can document your assets and wealth going into a marriage but your "prenuptial agreement" means nothing. Community property law, RCW 26.16.010-013 spell it out for you.

Prenups are a myth. That's why the really wealthy just don't get married now (if they're smart).

olyfan63

Reaction score
HansGruber":1758beq7 said:
Prenups mean nothing in WA state. You can document your assets and wealth going into a marriage but your "prenuptial agreement" means nothing. Community property law, RCW 26.16.010-013 spell it out for you.

Prenups are a myth. That's why the really wealthy just don't get married now (if they're smart).

I don't doubt that's true.

A man's best defense, really only defense, against the criminal family law industry is to wind up with a woman of high character who wants him for the man he is and doesn't need or care about his money.

It would seem rather rapid for Russell to already deciding Ciara is "The One", but maybe God spoke to him about this, and if so, more power to him. Seriously. Plus Ciara would not be after him for the money, as she does just fine on her own.

It's an intriguing idea, but I doubt that Russell's relationship status and horniness will enter into the contract timing picture. And just because he says they're not having sex... well, Bill Clinton said he "did not have sex with that woman", so it can be a matter of "definition". Whatever Russell says, it doesn't mean he and Ciara aren't finding satisfying ways to have fun together.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what the woman wants, really. WA law states that any property accrued during a marriage is community property. Judges will always rule according to that law, which means property gets divided at divorce. What's even worse is that even if you got married in another state, community property law still applies if you gain assets here in wa.

If Russell has advisors that are worth a darn (and I don't know that he does), they're going to be warning him about these things.

It's why I've never been married. Saw one of my business partners go through it. Spent 30 years establishing a practice only to have a court destroy it and give half to a woman who didn't even go to college. As if raising their kids was anywhere near the work he put into that practice. Pfffft. Their kids were raised by a nanny.

As I said, if you have real wealth, and you're smart, you don't get married. It's a huge scam. Russell needs to stop talking like a dumb religious hick and start using his brain.

olyfan63

Reaction score
HansGruber":10s4txky said:
Doesn't matter what the woman wants, really. WA law states that any property accrued during a marriage is community property. Judges will always rule according to that law, which means property gets divided at divorce. What's even worse is that even if you got married in another state, community property law still applies if you gain assets here in wa.

If Russell has advisors that are worth a darn (and I don't know that he does), they're going to be warning him about these things.

It's why I've never been married. Saw one of my business partners go through it. Spent 30 years establishing a practice only to have a court destroy it and give half to a woman who didn't even go to college. As if raising their kids was anywhere near the work he put into that practice. Pfffft. Their kids were raised by a nanny.

As I said, if you have real wealth, and you're smart, you don't get married. It's a huge scam. Russell needs to stop talking like a dumb religious hick and start using his brain.

While you are technically correct, about the assets, it's all about the woman. If you are dealing with a high character woman, who wasn't about the money, it will be a simple, reasonable cost, low-drama process. A court can't make a woman take things she doesn't want.

However, if the woman is on an emotional anger binge about the breakup of the relationship (and the man is ALWAYS to blame for this type) and/or was all about his MONEY to begin with, it will be an expensive, nasty process. It will cost $20,000 in legal fees to settle a $10,000 issue. Any assets the man wants to keep will be targeted to be sold and the proceeds divided. The woman and her attorney will make it an emotionally punishing and expensive process for the man. If there is a business involved, like in your example, the man will be forced to sell or otherwise give her half the value of the business, and usualy she will force the business to be shut down if it will cause the man pain and economic loss. The process is *designed* to trigger vindictiveness in the parties if at all possible.

Clearly, your business partner was married to the second type of woman. I've been through 2 divorces. One was high-conflict, involving children and a bitter ex out to stick it to me any way possible, and with a psychopath Narcissistic Personality Disordered attorney (the most dangerous type to be on the other side of). The other was simple and low-drama. The variable, besides children, was the character and vindictiveness (or lack thereof) of the woman involved.