Seahawks Predicted to Regress in 2023

kidhawk

Reaction score

According to the article in the link, they think that we are due to drop from last year's unexpected record. Their assumptions are that Geno had a rough finish where we were 3-6 and that our defense needs too many improvements.

Of course there's no mention of the extra draft picks we get this year, which can be used to fix a lot of those defensive issues.

Personally, assuming we re-sign Geno to a reasonable contract (by reasonable, I'm thinking something that has an out clause with larger money later in the contract and using the bonus money to make for a reasonable cap number this year), we should be able to use free agency along with our draft capital to fill a lot of our defensive holes. If our defense improves to just middle of the pack in run and pass rankings, that will take a lot of the pressure off of Geno and he won't need to push so hard. I think that our defensive weakness this past season, caused more pressure for Geno than he should have if we can get the defense working. Less pressure and I believe we see fewer mistakes from Geno.

Obviously it's way too early to make any realistic predictions, but we have a good chance to improve our record next season if John and Pete use our draft capital wisely.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Lol... eh typical new age journalism, fling shit until is sticks. Is there a possibility sure, but I don't think we wll, I think we'll probably be the same.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Well we can't count on the Rams to be ravaged by injuries again. Those two games alone were a dramatic swing in our favor this year, and we only beat them by one touchdown total over two games despite the fact that they were missing basically all their best players. Having that swing within our division was a huge help in becoming a playoff team vs. the team a lot of people thought the hawks might be last season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I didn't read the article, but I agree with the conclusion because our 2023 non-division opponents will be the NFCE and the AFCN, both of which have better teams than the NFCS... which swept the Hawks 4-0 last year. Let that sink in... we lost to the Panthers, the Saints, the Buccaneers and the Falcons!!

We need another fantastic draft and some key FA additions to make the playoffs next year. I'm just being realistic.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
How is this any different from last years “prediction?”

Same as always.

Difference is, Seattle has the draft ammunition and now the momentum to have another solid draft and Seattle can continue with more success than these writers say they will have.

Bring it!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Seriously, if we regress even just a slight bit, especially on defense, I will be the first person on the Fire Pete wagon. You shouldn't need 7 years to rebuild a defense and/or to learn what you're doing wrong and ******* fix it.

NoGain

Reaction score
Yeah, make a prediction like that before the draft, FAcy, and potential trades. Yeah, I think it's going to be raining one year and three days from now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still fun to talk about though. It's just football talk, speculation, predictions, opinions etc. I love when articles come out claiming the Hawks will suck. The team will feed off of doubt from so called "experts"

GeekHawk

Reaction score
What's the Vegas line on our over/under win total next year? Is it even out yet? (I can't check anything to do with betting or gaming on this gov't PC)