Seahawks Predicted to Regress in 2023

94Smith

Reaction score
Defense should improve with Adams back and draft picks. Could it be any worse? The offense is going to be the question mark if Geno or other QB can replicate 2022 numbers. Geno first half 2022 was MVP caliber. Second half 2022 had too many turnovers. Run game should improve with KW9 in sophomore season and likely another RB addition as a quality back up. WRs always are always superb. O line could use some reinforcements on the interior, but tackles should again improve in second season and were pretty damn good rookies.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What's the Vegas line on our over/under win total next year? Is it even out yet? (I can't check anything to do with betting or gaming on this gov't PC)
I looked and they're not yet listed at vegasinsider.com.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
What's the Vegas line on our over/under win total next year? Is it even out yet? (I can't check anything to do with betting or gaming on this gov't PC)

I haven't seen any numbers yet for the win totals as far as betting odds go, but I did read recently in two separate articles saying that we were +6000 and +5500 to win the Super Bowl next season. I'm sure that line will move a bit throughout the offseason.

Mizak

Reaction score
Play Rams twice, play 9ers twice, play Bengals, play Eagles this upcoming season. Either 10-7 or 9-8.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Defense should improve with Adams back and draft picks. Could it be any worse? The offense is going to be the question mark if Geno or other QB can replicate 2022 numbers. Geno first half 2022 was MVP caliber. Second half 2022 had too many turnovers. Run game should improve with KW9 in sophomore season and likely another RB addition as a quality back up. WRs always are always superb. O line could use some reinforcements on the interior, but tackles should again improve in second season and were pretty damn good rookies.
I'd say Geno Smith's year had three distinct arcs.

The opening arc, Geno was playing at an MVP level. He was putting up gaudy numbers and not turning the ball over. He was in the initial conversations for MVP.

The second arc started after the Tampa Bay game. Geno's numbers faded a bit. His completion percentage went down, his turnovers went up -- but he was still above average.

The last and final arc, Geno looked average to below average. This happened in the last 5 games. His completion percentage fell to around 63 percent, he had 8 TDs to 5 INT's, a y/a that was around low 6 in addition to that he lost two fumbles. That leaves his TD to turnover ratio at 9 TDs (1 rushing TD) to 7 turnovers in the last five games, a low Y/A and meh completion percentage.

The other thing about Geno is his redzone numbers weren't that steller at any point in the year. In addition to this he had the second most highest turnover worthy plays in the league. We all saw the many near misses he had with INT's and balls that he threaded into tight coverage that just barely missed getting picked off.

Geno isn't a bad QB by any means, but he did have a consistent downswing throughout the year. He also struggled to seal the deal in crunch time.

Fellow Seahawk fans are acting like Geno Smith is the slam dunk, sure thing. I'd agree with your assessment that he is not. We've seen one hit wonders, and career backups go to being MVP (Gannon) the former is much more common. I don't think we're ever going to see Jets Geno, but I could see him becoming a Teddy Bridgewater, Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum sort of character. A top tier backup and can perform as a starter, but not a particularly great starter. I could also see him popping off too.

Either way, Geno is in no way a sure thing come next season.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Lol... eh typical new age journalism, fling shit until is sticks. Is there a possibility sure, but I don't think we wll, I think we'll probably be the same.
They don't need it to stick, just get people riled up enough to post it somewhere to get even more people to click on the link.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Well we can't count on the Rams to be ravaged by injuries again. Those two games alone were a dramatic swing in our favor this year, and we only beat them by one touchdown total over two games despite the fact that they were missing basically all their best players. Having that swing within our division was a huge help in becoming a playoff team vs. the team a lot of people thought the hawks might be last season.
Dang. Great point . They easily could've
been 7-10

Scout

Reaction score
The Rams and Cardinals will have a hard time recovering as they restructure their teams. I feel that Seattle is ahead of those two teams in terms of roster building and resources. The 49ers I think are still tops in the division and NFC until proven otherwise.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'd say Geno Smith's year had three distinct arcs.

The opening arc, Geno was playing at an MVP level. He was putting up gaudy numbers and not turning the ball over. He was in the initial conversations for MVP.

The second arc started after the Tampa Bay game. Geno's numbers faded a bit. His completion percentage went down, his turnovers went up -- but he was still above average.

The last and final arc, Geno looked average to below average. This happened in the last 5 games. His completion percentage fell to around 63 percent, he had 8 TDs to 5 INT's, a y/a that was around low 6 in addition to that he lost two fumbles. That leaves his TD to turnover ratio at 9 TDs (1 rushing TD) to 7 turnovers in the last five games, a low Y/A and meh completion percentage.

The other thing about Geno is his redzone numbers weren't that steller at any point in the year. In addition to this he had the second most highest turnover worthy plays in the league. We all saw the many near misses he had with INT's and balls that he threaded into tight coverage that just barely missed getting picked off.

Geno isn't a bad QB by any means, but he did have a consistent downswing throughout the year. He also struggled to seal the deal in crunch time.

Fellow Seahawk fans are acting like Geno Smith is the slam dunk, sure thing. I'd agree with your assessment that he is not. We've seen one hit wonders, and career backups go to being MVP (Gannon) the former is much more common. I don't think we're ever going to see Jets Geno, but I could see him becoming a Teddy Bridgewater, Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum sort of character. A top tier backup and can perform as a starter, but not a particularly great starter. I could also see him popping off too.

Either way, Geno is in no way a sure thing come next season.
Hard to argue with the assessment. Good post. This is why I am a little trepidatious about giving Geno 30+.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The Rams and Cardinals will have a hard time recovering as they restructure their teams. I feel that Seattle is ahead of those two teams in terms of roster building and resources. The 49ers I think are still tops in the division and NFC until proven otherwise.
I agree with this. I will also add that we are not exactly full blown a defensive juggernaut. The new system still needs some tweaks which will force us to be a bit weak for the first half of the season. Just an opinion.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think the rookie class from this year taking even a small step forward more than compensates for this article's concerns. And that's to say nothing about the (fingers crossed) impact players they can add in the draft.

TIMD

Reaction score
They should concentrate on hitting on this draft, if this draft is as good as the last, they will be SuperBowl contenders very soon & for a while. I wouldn't waste money bringing back Geno, plan to go with Luck & draft a QB. With or without Geno, they aren't winning anything next year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
They should concentrate on hitting on this draft, if this draft is as good as the last, they will be SuperBowl contenders very soon & for a while. I wouldn't waste money bringing back Geno, plan to go with Luck & draft a QB. With or without Geno, they aren't winning anything next year.
No, please that's my nightmare scenario.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seriously, if we regress even just a slight bit, especially on defense, I will be the first person on the Fire Pete wagon. You shouldn't need 7 years to rebuild a defense and/or to learn what you're doing wrong and ******* fix it.

This from a fan of a team that took 30 years to find a decent QB.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Pretty darn prophetic. Better than most