Do you....dare I say it?...miss SF?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
This Packers team is not to be trifled with. We couldn't be facing a much better team than this. They're cream of the crop and deserve to be in this game. A win is by no means assured Sunday, though we are rightfully favored.

But it's not the same drama, tension, anxiety, call it what you will, as it is when we played the 49ers in last years NFCCG. There's not that "I can't stand the thought of if we lose to them" feeling. I have a hunch that GB fans may feel more that way about us after that Wail Mary, but honestly, if GB should manage to beat us, I'd be rooting for the Packers to win it all. If SF had beaten us last year....I don't even want to think about it.

Pittsburgh had Oakland, SF had Dallas. Will GB become our nemesis? Or will it be a healthy Arizona? Or a Rams team that finds a QB?

kidhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3lmx9raj said:
SalishHawkFan":3lmx9raj said:
This Packers team is not to be trifled with. We couldn't be facing a much better team than this. They're cream of the crop and deserve to be in this game.

lol no.

QFT

Largent80

Reaction score
Nope. I just want to win, we already have proven over and over the 9ers don't belong.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The 49ers were like the fire that tempered this team and made them hard as titanium. I will miss them and the challenge that they provided.

That said, the new coach will benefit from what is already there and they will still be a tough team, just not tough enough where when we beat them, everybody else is a walk in the park.

Like Sherman said after the SuperB Owl, "The Superbowl was the NFC Championship Game!"

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2zh0ur16 said:
But it's not the same drama, tension, anxiety, call it what you will, as it is when we played the 49ers in last years NFCCG. There's not that "I can't stand the thought of if we lose to them" feeling.

Agreed. I'm glad these things aren't present.

Last year was incredibly stressful. Not only was a trip to the SB on the line for us, not only was our season on the line, but we were being given the task of defending the sanctity of the Lombardi Trophy itself by being the strongest remaining line of defense between the 49ers and a possible championship. The entire world would have imploded if they were allowed to celebrate a SB title on our field.

The tension that could be present during this coming game is plenty. I don't need the entire universe to hang in the balance like it did last year.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
meh, niners are like any other team.

We used to hate the Rams too when they posed a threat to us in the west. We may "hate" AZ next year as well.

Some of the newbie hawk fans have taken the Santa Clara thing to stupid levels, but most experienced hawk fans realize that in the NFL rivalries, like success, can be fleeting.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":11agw55u said:
This Packers team is not to be trifled with. We couldn't be facing a much better team than this. They're cream of the crop and deserve to be in this game. A win is by no means assured Sunday, though we are rightfully favored.

But it's not the same drama, tension, anxiety, call it what you will, as it is when we played the 49ers in last years NFCCG. There's not that "I can't stand the thought of if we lose to them" feeling. I have a hunch that GB fans may feel more that way about us after that Wail Mary, but honestly, if GB should manage to beat us, I'd be rooting for the Packers to win it all. If SF had beaten us last year....I don't even want to think about it.

Pittsburgh had Oakland, SF had Dallas. Will GB become our nemesis? Or will it be a healthy Arizona? Or a Rams team that finds a QB?

I hope we don't find out for a long time as a true nemesis would have had to defeat us at some point and steal our soul for a season.

Pittsburgh qualifies on some points but is in the wrong conference.

Generally I consider Carolina or Green Bay as front runners outside our division and Rams and Cards within...duh.
I don't think GB does it this year.
Dallas could get in the running if they stay good for more than a season every decade.
Maybe SF can get back in the running with a head coach hire like Mora.

I agree with the premise and enjoy the speculation but too soon to tell.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":t2n0ofd4 said:
Some of the newbie hawk fans have taken the Santa Clara thing to stupid levels, but most experienced hawk fans realize that in the NFL rivalries, like success, can be fleeting.
Since I was a Hawk fan since the day their existence was announced, having pined for us to have a team for years before that, I think your comment couldn't be more incorrect. It sounds like the outlook of someone who's probably only watched the NFL in the last 15 years or so, when a new team seems to pop up every year and the only rivalry seems to be Manning vs Brady.

Sterlinghawk":t2n0ofd4 said:

Yeah, any Super Bowl is going to be exciting, but a rematch with Pittsburgh would be a unique emotional experience. I'd respect New England, but Pittsburgh? I don't root for players to get injured, but I'd be hoping for Kam Chancellor hits Vernon Davis type plays on every remaining Steeler who played in SB XL.

ptisme

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3ozcothx said:

I can't speak for all Packer fans but, there is so much water under the bridge since the Fail Mary game. Honestly we didn't have the defense to win it all that year anyways.... My feelings going into this game are this:
Seattle has a great team and will more than likely win. I hope we don't embarrase ourselves. If by chance the football gods shine on us and we come out victorious it will be the biggest upset I've ever witnessed in my 42 years. If we lose, It won't take me any time at all to get over it...
The two teams I can't stand in this league are Minnesota and Dallas. Beating Dallas made my year and everything else is icing on the cake. HOW BOUT DEM .... never mind......

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I miss stomping the Niners every time we played them when Smith was there.

I long for those days.

Which have now arrived.

So.... nah, I'm good.

Although, I can dig your point of view.

:49ersmall: :0190l:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hmmmm.....nope. Not having to wade through the posts of the dull knives they call fans is just fine by me.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I honestly don't care. The Hawks need to dig deep to hopefully get the win, then take much-needed time to heal. I don't like seeing McDaniels as DNP for 'shoulder,' and Britt DNP for 'knee,' so at this point, I only care about favorable matchups.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3snb7i9r said:
As far as my blood pressure goes, I'd really appreciate if this game wasn't as much of a nailbiter as last year's game. I don't miss SF.
Seriously. I about passed out when I jumped out of my chair really quickly when The Tip happened. Suppose all the blood drained out of my head really quickly.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2sal2k5b said:
Hawkpower":2sal2k5b said:
Since I was a Hawk fan since the day their existence was announced, having pined for us to have a team for years before that, I think your comment couldn't be more incorrect. It sounds like the outlook of someone who's probably only watched the NFL in the last 15 years or so, when a new team seems to pop up every year and the only rivalry seems to be Manning vs Brady.

Sterlinghawk":2sal2k5b said:

Yeah, any Super Bowl is going to be exciting, but a rematch with Pittsburgh would be a unique emotional experience. I'd respect New England, but Pittsburgh? I don't root for players to get injured, but I'd be hoping for Kam Chancellor hits Vernon Davis type plays on every remaining Steeler who played in SB XL.

Couldnt be more wrong my friend.

We had "rivlaries" against the Bronocs and Raiders back in the day. Now in the last 10 years we've been "rivals" with the Rams and Niners.

The very definition of fleeting.

The point remains......hard to call the niners a true rival when we cared little about each other until 2012. Our 15,000 new "Blue Friday" fans don't know this due to the fact that they started following Seahawk football last year, and as such, are quite vocal about their niner hate.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Yah...I getthat your cooler than other hawks fans because you hated other teams before they were rivals, but you ARE WRONG if you think the 9ers were not a "rival ". I have FOLLOWED the Hawks since 1975...bring it

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Yah...I getthat your cooler than other hawks fans because you hated other teams before they were rivals, but you ARE WRONG if you think the 9ers were not a "rival ". I have FOLLOWED the Hawks since 1975...bring it

mort

Reaction score
sf was good fun for sure, but I'm anxious to see who the "next man up" will be. Last year I thought it'd be the lambs, but the cards sure surprised this year...