Do you....dare I say it?...miss SF?

irocdave

Reaction score
Lots of twists and turns in this thread and I get all of them. Personally I will miss the rivalry between the niners and Hawks. I hated the Bronco's, Chiefs and Raiders as much as any long time Hawk fan (Raiders probably more than most because my family moved to Sacramento in the early 80's, had to deal with homegrown Raider idiots). The reasoning for me is that the Hawks ended the fan debate with a rival the only way you really can. Win it all. No relying on past glory or regular season crushing wins. Win the Lombardi and that's the equivalent of dropping the mic and walking off stage. No doubt and the ultimate bragging rights are yours for a year.

evergreen

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":wlrpdxia said:
Hawkpower":wlrpdxia said:
Some of the newbie hawk fans have taken the Santa Clara thing to stupid levels, but most experienced hawk fans realize that in the NFL rivalries, like success, can be fleeting.
Since I was a Hawk fan since the day their existence was announced, having pined for us to have a team for years before that, I think your comment couldn't be more incorrect. It sounds like the outlook of someone who's probably only watched the NFL in the last 15 years or so, when a new team seems to pop up every year and the only rivalry seems to be Manning vs Brady.

Sterlinghawk":wlrpdxia said:
Pittsburgh qualifies on some points but is in the wrong conference.

Yeah, any Super Bowl is going to be exciting, but a rematch with Pittsburgh would be a unique emotional experience. I'd respect New England, but Pittsburgh? I don't root for players to get injured, but I'd be hoping for Kam Chancellor hits Vernon Davis type plays on every remaining Steeler who played in SB XL.

Easy big fella, I sort of hated them for a while, but it's really not their fault they won....

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3d51j0hi said:
ptisme":3d51j0hi said:
Sgt. Largent":3d51j0hi said:
SalishHawkFan":3d51j0hi said:
But it's not the same drama, tension, anxiety, call it what you will, as it is when we played the 49ers in last years NFCCG. There's not that "I can't stand the thought of if we lose to them" feeling.

Believe me, once the game kicks off you'll still have all these feelings of anxiety.

The anxiety from last year was not due to the opponent being SF, it was due to the fact that we knew the game was going to be very close and we could lose.

Sorry, but if we lose to GB, I'm going to be just as pissed as if we would have lost to SF.
This is how I know the Pack is playing with house money right now.... I'm already over the possible loss and will soon move on to figuring out how to get you guys up to Lambeau next January:)

I know your mantra all week has been that Seattle will win, but only because the game is at the CLink.....

Obviously, your odds improve if you are hosting us next time, but do you honestly believe the teams are even enough to swing the game in your favor at Lambeau?

We are nearly 8 point favorites. Which means, accounting for the 3 points awarded the home team in the lines, we would be 4-5 point favorites at your place.

Our defense is light years better than yours. Our offense is about even production wise.

Where is your advantage?
Is this still your opinion?

Ambrose83

Reaction score
But it's not the same drama, tension, anxiety, call it what you will, as it is when we played the 49ers in last years NFCCG. There's not that "I can't stand the thought of if we lose to them" feeling. [/quote]

Believe me, once the game kicks off you'll still have all these feelings of anxiety.

The anxiety from last year was not due to the opponent being SF, it was due to the fact that we knew the game was going to be very close and we could lose.

Sorry, but if we lose to GB, I'm going to be just as pissed as if we would have lost to SF.[/quote]
This is how I know the Pack is playing with house money right now.... I'm already over the possible loss and will soon move on to figuring out how to get you guys up to Lambeau next January:)[/quote]

I know your mantra all week has been that Seattle will win, but only because the game is at the CLink.....

Obviously, your odds improve if you are hosting us next time, but do you honestly believe the teams are even enough to swing the game in your favor at Lambeau?

We are nearly 8 point favorites. Which means, accounting for the 3 points awarded the home team in the lines, we would be 4-5 point favorites at your place.

Our defense is light years better than yours. Our offense is about even production wise.

Where is your advantage?[/quote]
Is this still your opinion?[/quote]

Still mine.. we handed you 5 tos... 99% of the time that does not happen... you guys did nothing on offense that does not change in gb.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
[

Where is your advantage?[/quote]
Is this still your opinion?[/quote]

Uh, yeah.

Why wouldn't it be?

ptisme

Reaction score
OK. I'm going to suggest to you that NE, SEA and GB are of the same talent level. Probably throw Dallas in there too. We beat NE and it was borderline a blowout had it not been for Brady and Gronk at the end. We went in and handled SEA in Seattle, something no one said could be done, and gave the game away in the last few minutes. If you think you had that game in the bag all game, go back and look at the game threads. There was real panic. Fans were leaving the stadium. Should be interesting next year at Lambeau.