Do you....dare I say it?...miss SF?

Jebediah-Hawkfan

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2qaipptg said:
This Packers team is not to be trifled with. We couldn't be facing a much better team than this. They're cream of the crop and deserve to be in this game. A win is by no means assured Sunday, though we are rightfully favored.

But it's not the same drama, tension, anxiety, call it what you will, as it is when we played the 49ers in last years NFCCG. There's not that "I can't stand the thought of if we lose to them" feeling. I have a hunch that GB fans may feel more that way about us after that Wail Mary, but honestly, if GB should manage to beat us, I'd be rooting for the Packers to win it all. If SF had beaten us last year....I don't even want to think about it.

Pittsburgh had Oakland, SF had Dallas. Will GB become our nemesis? Or will it be a healthy Arizona? Or a Rams team that finds a QB?

The Packers are not that good. They got some lucky calls called their way. They are the only last NFC team left but that doesnt mean they are any good. The 49ers last season put up a good fight and challenge. This year we win Champ game by double digits. Their Run D is not that good. Lynch will go all ultra beast mode and steam roll that sad D of theirs

drcool

Reaction score
I am in San Fran for work and was walking down the street yesterday. Of course I am fully decked out in Seahawks gear. A guy drives by, leans his head out the window and proceeds to say something that contained a couple different types of "F" words that is probably offensive to at least 3 different people groups about the Seahawks and their fans.

While I will probably miss playing the team I won't miss this classy group of fans.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":253qjzyy said:
Yah...I getthat your cooler than other hawks fans because you hated other teams before they were rivals, but you ARE WRONG if you think the 9ers were not a "rival ". I have FOLLOWED the Hawks since 1975...bring it

Sorry that hit a nerve.

And based on your response, I'm not sure you even read my post.

Where did I say anything about personally hating teams before they were "rivals"?

Read it again.

ptisme

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":14t0u9kl said:
This Packers team is not to be trifled with. We couldn't be facing a much better team than this. They're cream of the crop and deserve to be in this game. A win is by no means assured Sunday, though we are rightfully favored.

But it's not the same drama, tension, anxiety, call it what you will, as it is when we played the 49ers in last years NFCCG. There's not that "I can't stand the thought of if we lose to them" feeling. I have a hunch that GB fans may feel more that way about us after that Wail Mary, but honestly, if GB should manage to beat us, I'd be rooting for the Packers to win it all. If SF had beaten us last year....I don't even want to think about it.

Pittsburgh had Oakland, SF had Dallas. Will GB become our nemesis? Or will it be a healthy Arizona? Or a Rams team that finds a QB?
As long as the game is being played at the Link GB will not be your nemesis. Now if AZ, SFO and STL get their crap together and hang a few losses on you and you have to come to Lambeau...

Reaction score
I can understand the OP on this one. Hell, I finally convinced the one niner fan in my workplace to take Green Bay on a small bet just to kick it up a notch. There definitely is not the same buzz without them but that doesn't mean I'm shedding tears either. One way or another there is still one more game/opponent between us and a trip to Glendale and I can't wait for Sunday.

PackerNation

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":11ncibdc said:
SalishHawkFan":11ncibdc said:
This Packers team is not to be trifled with. We couldn't be facing a much better team than this. They're cream of the crop and deserve to be in this game.

lol no.

:roll:

No? We don't deserve to be in the this game? Name another NFC team that should be playing on Sunday besides Green Bay?

Phteven

Reaction score
Hawkpower":vrjxxyf6 said:
meh, niners are like any other team.

We used to hate the Rams too when they posed a threat to us in the west. We may "hate" AZ next year as well.

Some of the newbie hawk fans have taken the Santa Clara thing to stupid levels, but most experienced hawk fans realize that in the NFL rivalries, like success, can be fleeting.
I still hate the chiefs, raiders and broncos (particularly the broncos) because of those stupid NFL rivalries in the 80s. Seeing John Elway still makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Actually, I have to say I don't hate the 49ers as an organization on nearly that level.

It's irrational, maybe, but there it is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1y0x6cgz said:
But it's not the same drama, tension, anxiety, call it what you will, as it is when we played the 49ers in last years NFCCG. There's not that "I can't stand the thought of if we lose to them" feeling.

Believe me, once the game kicks off you'll still have all these feelings of anxiety.

The anxiety from last year was not due to the opponent being SF, it was due to the fact that we knew the game was going to be very close and we could lose.

Sorry, but if we lose to GB, I'm going to be just as pissed as if we would have lost to SF.

SeaChase

Reaction score
No, I like it when they go 4-12. The Rams will do better next year...

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2x7jgd3g said:
meh, niners are like any other team.

We used to hate the Rams too when they posed a threat to us in the west. We may "hate" AZ next year as well.

Some of the newbie hawk fans have taken the Santa Clara thing to stupid levels, but most experienced hawk fans realize that in the NFL rivalries, like success, can be fleeting.

Not only do I still/already hate the Rams and Cardinals, but on an even deeper level I hate those that don't hate them.

Greenhell

Reaction score
volsunghawk":qdnlf44g said:
As far as my blood pressure goes, I'd really appreciate if this game wasn't as much of a nailbiter as last year's game. I don't miss SF.

I was emotionally spent after that game.

ptisme

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":11d7whar said:
SalishHawkFan":11d7whar said:
But it's not the same drama, tension, anxiety, call it what you will, as it is when we played the 49ers in last years NFCCG. There's not that "I can't stand the thought of if we lose to them" feeling.

Believe me, once the game kicks off you'll still have all these feelings of anxiety.

The anxiety from last year was not due to the opponent being SF, it was due to the fact that we knew the game was going to be very close and we could lose.

Sorry, but if we lose to GB, I'm going to be just as pissed as if we would have lost to SF.
This is how I know the Pack is playing with house money right now.... I'm already over the possible loss and will soon move on to figuring out how to get you guys up to Lambeau next January:)

umadbrolob

Reaction score
576611235 o

Unlike other 12s, who have this sort of guilt about the rivalry, and continued hatred or at least dislike of Harbaugh, I was so glad their org went down in flames AND we ate turkey on their 50 yd line! :49ersmall:

It helps our chances at 1st seed/HFA going forward by not having a nerve-wracking injury prone smash mouth type game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ptisme":2gxaoj9t said:
Sgt. Largent":2gxaoj9t said:
SalishHawkFan":2gxaoj9t said:

This is how I know the Pack is playing with house money right now.... I'm already over the possible loss and will soon move on to figuring out how to get you guys up to Lambeau next January:)

That's the beauty of being the underdog, no pressure.

btw, I actually admire the Packers organization. What other example is there in sports where a city with a population of 100k can own stock in it's professional team................a team that's consistently good? Just doesn't happen anymore.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ptisme":2vygh6rx said:
SalishHawkFan":2vygh6rx said:

As long as the game is being played at the Link GB will not be your nemesis. Now if AZ, SFO and STL get their crap together and hang a few losses on you and you have to come to Lambeau...
I'm pretty sure you do get us there in the regular season next year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Packers haven't beaten a winning team on the road in more than two years.

My concern-o-meter reading:

kanye-bored-face-thingy-73874722120.gif

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ptisme":2x4bv03w said:
Sgt. Largent":2x4bv03w said:
SalishHawkFan":2x4bv03w said:

I know your mantra all week has been that Seattle will win, but only because the game is at the CLink.....

Obviously, your odds improve if you are hosting us next time, but do you honestly believe the teams are even enough to swing the game in your favor at Lambeau?

We are nearly 8 point favorites. Which means, accounting for the 3 points awarded the home team in the lines, we would be 4-5 point favorites at your place.

Our defense is light years better than yours. Our offense is about even production wise.

Where is your advantage?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RAMS will have the 10th pick I believe. After stockpiling linemen and receivers, you have to bet they will go for a QB, In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they blew their whole draft to get the qb they want.

Rams will be scarey good with a competent qb.