Seahawks aren't in the SB yet. One game at a time.

Sombrio

Reaction score
Hello 12's

I'm very new to these forums, just started posting. I've been lurking on and off for a few years.

I am noticing A LOT of topics about the seahawks and the SB, playing the patriots, where to watch the SB...etc
We really need to step back and take it one game at a time (just like our boys). We need to be cautious, a lot can happen on Sunday. I'm not saying we might lose, I have all the confidence in the world that we can be NFC champs again.
But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, enjoy the NFC game, and if all goes according to plan,then we can talk SB.

Happybelly

Reaction score
Forum posts have zero impact on the game, we can look as far ahead as we want.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Welcome Sombrio!

Good to have you here. You are absolutely right, it is one game at a time. Same as in the regular season as it is in the playoffs. The same focus each game will get us to the Superb Owl!

You also have to realize that many of us are rabid fans, and we can smell victory, again. It hasn't been in our DNA until the last few years, so we're going to enjoy it!
It's very intoxicating knowing that your team WILL win. You just have to drink from the well. (obviously I have).

Welcome to .NET, it's great to have new posters with their perspectives.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Welcome, but I think you are confused.

We are mostly talking about the 2022/2023 Super Bowl. We finished talking about XLIX months ago.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sombrio":3mqmq15j said:
Hello 12's

I'm very new to these forums, just started posting. I've been lurking on and off for a few years.

I am noticing A LOT of topics about the seahawks and the SB, playing the patriots, where to watch the SB...etc
We really need to step back and take it one game at a time (just like our boys). We need to be cautious, a lot can happen on Sunday. I'm not saying we might lose, I have all the confidence in the world that we can be NFC champs again.
But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, enjoy the NFC game, and if all goes according to plan,then we can talk SB.

Sigh.. why do fans do this

We can prognosticate the 2045 season if we'd like. Nothing we say will impact the game on Sunday. Be as optimistic, arrogant, afraid, superstitious etc as you like.

Literally nothing you say, do, wear, think - matters. We do not play the game.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":cq3y4p4d said:

We can prognosticate the 2045 season if we'd like. Nothing we say will impact the game on Sunday. Be as optimistic, arrogant, afraid, superstitious etc as you like.

Hasselbeck, fans don't do this because they think what we say here directly affects the outcomes of games. They do this because they think the extending of the cocky attitude reflected and encouraged by some of the things we say here could affect a game enough to alter the outcome. Part of this thinking is based off how when we play a team we should beat at home during the regular season, the crowd noise tends to dip. In that instance, it would seem overconfidence among fans affects crowd noise and our ability to win along with it.

Sure, we should expect the thrill of the whole "winner goes to the SB" aspect to this game to do much more than just counterbalance the possible negative affect of increased overconfidence among our fans. Thus, Sombrio's suggestion likely wouldn't be worth it in the end if only because it would take too much effort to compel the overconfident for such a minuscule benefit. Nonetheless even if would be for very little, Sombrio is only trying to help by enlightening us with a concept that is far from baseless. That effort deserves more than snide over-generalization and criticism. Everything we do matters! It's just that most of it will matter so little that we won't be able to care or even notice.

Jebediah-Hawkfan

Reaction score
I already booked flights to AZ. Cant wait for the game against the Pattie cakes. Packers offer no challenge gunna roll them again.

I fully expect a Hawk victory.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm Superstisious when it comes to this stuff too but I guess as long as the players aren't overlooking the game it's okay if some posters do.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3kltv6mx said:
The last 4 teams that were favored at home by 7 or more in the Conference Championships, lost.

All were considered "teams of destiny" and all went down in flames.

Shit like this keeps me up at night.

Eh, I don't think either of the teams in the NFC Championship game have any "team of destiny" feel about them. Last season, the Seahawks really did feel like a team of destiny, but this season? It's been grinding all year long.

The NFC's team of destiny saw its season end in Carolina two weeks ago.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
the only harm in getting ahead of oneself is being more disappointed than you otherwise would.

that is it my friend. or perhaps running the risk that some fan from some other team can say, Ha...see, i told you they would not make it.

so in other words, there is no harm really. at least not to me.

i honestly dont get the OP comments. if they want to be the nervous nelly fine, but don't you dare tell me what i can say or think about this upcoming game.

remember, i had faith in them to win out the season based on my views of the teams they were playing and how those teams were playing having watched them all....

if i was wrong, who cares.

after re-watching the GB and Hawks game last night again, when both teams were pretty healthy, i see much of the same in the game play of seattle but see some performance issues with how GB has performed as of late. that said, i did see a good contribution of harvin and i could swear ML was more lean in that game, but that could just be me, but if i was ever to think they had a good shot, i think they have a great shot at winning on Sunday.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Yes, one game at a time, that's what the player are believing in, as long as they believe in it, success will follow. Yes, fans are confident the team is playing, but I also for our sanity, its good to follow the same philosophy, so that someday when the team is not clicking in all cylinders, we can still survive. :D

AK Hawk

Reaction score

Literally nothing you say, do, wear, think - matters. We do not play the game.[/quote]

Hass,

You are wrong, what I do does matter. For the Hawks to win I have to wear my old jersey and sit is a specific spot in an uncomfortable position during the game as part of my sacrificial act to show my devotion to the team. I also rub the select button on the TV remote in a clockwise motion while the Hawks are on offense and counter clockwise when they are on defense. I'm sorry about the Ram's loss, I was out of town and didn't plan ahead.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AK Hawk":3tcrp88n said:

Hass,

You are wrong, what I do does matter. For the Hawks to win I have to wear my old jersey and sit is a specific spot in an uncomfortable position during the game as part of my sacrificial act to show my devotion to the team. I also rub the select button on the TV remote in a clockwise motion while the Hawks are on offense and counter clockwise when they are on defense. I'm sorry about the Ram's loss, I was out of town and didn't plan ahead.[/quote]
This is the POTD. Awesomewowness.

chawx

Reaction score
So, guys, I got thinking that after we sign Russell Wilson the 3rd to his billion dollar contract, do you think we should shore up head coach, Pete Carroll the 5th and FS Earl Thomas the 29th? I mean, it's awesome that we've won more Super Bowls than all other teams in the NFL combined, but Super Bowl XCIX against the Oklahoma Tornado (previously known as the Salt Lake City Ramzz, previously known as the St. Louis Rams) feels like we might actually have a close game this time... I've almost forgot what it feels like to lose a Super Bowl—damn refs in SB XL* ....