Seahawks aren't in the SB yet. One game at a time.

djb28

Reaction score
I've got this handled. Don't worry. The Voodoo Double check. She will sit there until game time.

10686973_10206012266774466_8719919540025019650_n.jpg

byau

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1w5wn9ez said:
Sombrio":1w5wn9ez said:
Hello 12's

I'm very new to these forums, just started posting. I've been lurking on and off for a few years.

I am noticing A LOT of topics about the seahawks and the SB, playing the patriots, where to watch the SB...etc
We really need to step back and take it one game at a time (just like our boys). We need to be cautious, a lot can happen on Sunday. I'm not saying we might lose, I have all the confidence in the world that we can be NFC champs again.
But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, enjoy the NFC game, and if all goes according to plan,then we can talk SB.

Sigh.. why do fans do this

We can prognosticate the 2045 season if we'd like. Nothing we say will impact the game on Sunday. Be as optimistic, arrogant, afraid, superstitious etc as you like.

Literally nothing you say, do, wear, think - matters. We do not play the game.

Why do fans do this: meaning superstitious?

It's not very rational, but not everything in life is rational.

Being an engineer, you would think I'd be a more rational person. But then there's the romantic or religious side of me that believes in a lot of things that are bigger than me that I can't understand.

Thems are gut feelings.

Now agreed OP is generalizing his gut feelings to tell others what to do, that can be another topic

But your question: why fans have gut feelings about something ...it just happens. I'm a superstitious fan too.

Drives my buddy bonkers :D

byau

Reaction score
djb28":309xfuby said:
I've got this handled. Don't worry. The Voodoo Double check. She will sit there until game time.

This is too funny.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome. Leave the one game at a time to the coaches and players. 12's can book airfare to the 2020 SB if they like.

byau

Reaction score
minormillikin":pe4zn4xu said:
Welcome, but I think you are confused.

We are mostly talking about the 2022/2023 Super Bowl. We finished talking about XLIX months ago.

Shooot...so my new posters are already outdated?

3-pete.jpg

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
AK Hawk":3lf74qh6 said:
Sigh.. why do fans do this

We can prognosticate the 2045 season if we'd like. Nothing we say will impact the game on Sunday. Be as optimistic, arrogant, afraid, superstitious etc as you like.

Literally nothing you say, do, wear, think - matters. We do not play the game.

Hass,

You are wrong, what I do does matter. For the Hawks to win I have to wear my old jersey and sit is a specific spot in an uncomfortable position during the game as part of my sacrificial act to show my devotion to the team. I also rub the select button on the TV remote in a clockwise motion while the Hawks are on offense and counter clockwise when they are on defense. I'm sorry about the Ram's loss, I was out of town and didn't plan ahead.[/quote]
I guess whatever works right? :thirishdrinkers:

For myself I am just going to believe we are going to win this Sunday and then February 1st followed up by a win in February in Santa Clara then Houston. If you're going to be good why not make a little history along the way?

byau

Reaction score
In one of the SB48 books I bought, there was an article about fandom and the 12s and superstitions.

One guy said that for sure the Seahawks do better when he and his wife "do it" before game time.

I'm thinking ... hats off to you sir.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
djb28":34pv5nzd said:

YES!!! Hahahaha that just made my day.

OP
OP
S

Sombrio

Reaction score
I was expecting these kind of reactions. I might be new to these boards, but I've been around Forums long enough to know that they are all exactly the same no matter what the medium is.

My OP was not necessarily superstition, but more about fans getting too far ahead of themselves to enjoy the game in front of them now. We won last year and that can never be taken away from us. But something about this season seems like we have even more to prove than last year. We are not just a flash in the pan, we are the real deal.

Anyways...my experience in getting to far ahead of ourselves come from the 2011 NHL playoffs. Vancouver was the best team in the regular season, after a small hiccup in the first round we rolled right into a 2-0 series lead in the finals. All the talk around town, and even the media was "where will parade route be?", "who is the playoff mvp going to be?", even so far as "they meant to lose game 3 so they can win the cup at home". All these expectations had us looking past the rest of the series. The expectation was how are we going to win not if we are going to win. By the time Boston steamrolled us the rest of the series, we as fans didn't know what hit us, we didn't enjoy the ride.

I'm just saying that I think the disappointment was greater due to the high expectations we had put out there of expecting the win to happen, rather than hoping the win will happen. I think that's why canuck fans have a reputation of being cocky whiners

12's on the other hand have the reputation of being the best damn sports fans in the entire world, and that's why I probably won't sleep for the next three nights, because I can't wait to get down there and cheer on our team.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sombrio":3jc6ojwg said:
I was expecting these kind of reactions. I might be new to these boards, but I've been around Forums long enough to know that they are all exactly the same no matter what the medium is.

My OP was not necessarily superstition, but more about fans getting too far ahead of themselves to enjoy the game in front of them now. We won last year and that can never be taken away from us. But something about this season seems like we have even more to prove than last year. We are not just a flash in the pan, we are the real deal.

Anyways...my experience in getting to far ahead of ourselves come from the 2011 NHL playoffs. Vancouver was the best team in the regular season, after a small hiccup in the first round we rolled right into a 2-0 series lead in the finals. All the talk around town, and even the media was "where will parade route be?", "who is the playoff mvp going to be?", even so far as "they meant to lose game 3 so they can win the cup at home". All these expectations had us looking past the rest of the series. The expectation was how are we going to win not if we are going to win. By the time Boston steamrolled us the rest of the series, we as fans didn't know what hit us, we didn't enjoy the ride.

I'm just saying that I think the disappointment was greater due to the high expectations we had put out there of expecting the win to happen, rather than hoping the win will happen. I think that's why canuck fans have a reputation of being cocky whiners

12's on the other hand have the reputation of being the best damn sports fans in the entire world, and that's why I probably won't sleep for the next three nights, because I can't wait to get down there and cheer on our team.

I tend to see first posts that contain words like "we" and "ourselves" combined with instructions as a trigger.

A trigger for the Regulators to take their post.

I got the Hawks and I got them big. I have read enough Packer forums to realize that if there is some sort of "voodoo" by showing a display of confidence on behalf of the fans, that the Packers are going to be wondering "what the hell happened?" by mid 3rd quarter.

A lot of us have been doing this Hawks forum thing for a while, through bad and good. If there is anything we know, it is that when the league puts the Hawks on national TV for a big game that our boys are going to put on a clinic. Against a team like GB? A clinic of violence.

So if you are interested in the effects of forecasting on a particular game. I suggest that you visit some of the Packer forums, maybe even share your views on looking ahead there. Because if your concern has any traction, a visit to their boards should put you at ease.

Oh, while you are there, can you please inform them that Paul Richardson is not exactly our feature receiver? They seem to think that the Hawks are going to suffer immensely as a result of his injury. Oh, also that Zach Miller has been out for quite a while now? I don't want them to be misinformed.

gulliver

Reaction score
If we lose, I will take 100% of the blame as I've been super confident about this team for over a month now.

Sorry guys--this one's on me.

pehawk

Reaction score
This is a great thread. It brings to light a fresh opinion and topic. I literally have never thought of it this way before. Never.

This may be the post of the year.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
gulliver":11932oz2 said:
If we lose, I will take 100% of the blame as I've been super confident about this team for over a month now.

Sorry guys--this one's on me.

When the Hawks win, you guys owe me BIG TIME! I plan to watch the game with BFS and our dad. The Hawks have never lost an NFC championship game against the Packers on a Sunday in January when we watch the game together! It's CRAZY but true!!

You're welcome!!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm just counting down the days until I can buy a Chancellor jersey with a Super Bowl XLIX logo on it.

Soon... soon.

Latest posts