Hawks areas of need, post-FA.

Scout

Reaction score
Why OT and WR? I think we're set there and should only pick one if it's a BPA pick. TE I'm more amenable to prioritizing over the others you mention.

Lockett only has two years left on his contract and Eskridge's time is short and no guarantee he makes the final roster this year. Plus, this is a deep WR draft where a quality WR can be had in the mid rounds to develop when Lockett eventually moves on.

Offensive tackle becomes important if Lucas' has chronic injury issues that worsen and having a tackle in the wings to develop becomes important. Fant is a good stop gap but the team may need to have a plan in case Lucas's chronic injury history worsens or flares up.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Our OL has been bad for years, and yet, we did invest draft capital, remember Ifedi?
Yeah that didn't work out but that doesn't mean we shouldn't spend some later round draft capital on possible OL improvements. It could lead to improvements in the running and passing game. The Lions have one of the best OL's in the league and there's no denying the success they've had this past season. I'm not saying we draft OL in the first 2 rounds but we should consider it after that since line play is a big part of determining the course of a game.

Chawker

Reaction score
Heres my list.

1. Left guard
2. Defensive lineman.
3. Interior linebacker.
4.WIde receiver/ tight-end/ Quarterback

But, the sneeky good pick would be... And dont tell anybody... Its a Left guard. Shh... Cheers

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Heres my list.

1. Left guard
2. Defensive lineman.
3. Interior linebacker.
4.WIde receiver/ tight-end/ Quarterback

But, the sneeky good pick would be... And dont tell anybody... Its a Left guard. Shh... Cheers
Taking a LT for our LG need ought to be on the table?

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
We definitely will be picking lower than 16. John is going to trade back because we need the picks. With that said, I think we need to take the best LB available. I said it last year. On this defense we need some guys that can plug the holes at the line of scrimmage. Bobby and Brooks were takling guys after they had gained 5-6 yards last year. Brock is right we need a thumper in the middle of this defense if we're going to stop anyone.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mac likes aggression and intimidation, we are going to have a few penalties on defense till we establish players, Officials love throwing flags at nasty looking hitting, so players we are going to target will be guys that tackle and finish. Speed will be nice but I think technique will be higher as well as some size.