Would you trade Wilson to the Giants for Blake Martinez and

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Leonard Williams and 3 first round picks?
I would in a heartbeat then draft a quarterback

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Which QB? Because I don’t think there’s a 1st round deserving QB in this class.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's not the player you trade but the contracts and I wouldn't want either contract. Blake Martinez has a 14m cap hit and tore his ACL last season, while Leonard Williams has a 27m cap hit and 6.5 sacks last year. We'd be doing the Giants a favor by taking either contract.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AgentDib":v0r8lze3 said:
It's not the player you trade but the contracts and I wouldn't want either contract. Blake Martinez has a 14m cap hit and tore his ACL last season, while Leonard Williams has a 27m cap hit and 6.5 sacks last year. We'd be doing the Giants a favor by taking either contract.

Wiliiams had 6.5 sacks and 81 combined tackles, from the DT position those are very good stats. So if you do trade for Williams it'd probably be under the guise of giving him an extension.

Martinez is the bigger question mark, he tore his ACL in September. So if we're packaging up players for a blockbuster trade, I'd probably leave him out.

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol no

I remember how deebo did Blake Martinez, no no no.

Give me the picks and a impact defensive player not named Blake Martinez.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":i37edprz said:
AgentDib":i37edprz said:

Wiliiams had 6.5 sacks and 81 combined tackles, from the DT position those are very good stats. So if you do trade for Williams it'd probably be under the guise of giving him an extension.

Martinez is the bigger question mark, he tore his ACL in September. So if we're packaging up players for a blockbuster trade, I'd probably leave him out.

I completely agree on Williams who would be a very good 3tech for us. You can sign him to an extension to reduce his cap hit. Martinez, no I wouldn't want him in a trade. I think you could get the three 1st round picks and possibly a few more mid round picks as well.

I also would look at veteran QB's that are FA's, or a trade for a teams backup QB for a short term solution. But seriously I doubt PC will do anything with Wilson this year. He is in a win now mind set. Not a rebuild.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Op should stick to trolling 9ers fans & stop making trade proposals.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
AgentDib":2529gzyc said:
And how much is Bobby's cap hit next year Jerry McGuire? Think damnit. Martinez has already rehabbed and is at 100% going into next year.

Elemas

Reaction score
Why can’t we just get three firsts, Aaron Donald, Josh Allen and Jesus for Russ like this board normally insinuates?

chris98251

Reaction score
GemCity":ytiicqe3 said:
Why can’t we just get three firsts, Aaron Donald, Josh Allen and Jesus for Russ like this board normally insinuates?

Muhammad instead of Jesus, Jesus got caught and obviously was a prima donna, his own teammates ratted him out.

WarHawks

Reaction score
chris98251":3knuhbzr said:
GemCity":3knuhbzr said:

Muhammad instead of Jesus, Jesus got caught and obviously was a prima donna, his own teammates ratted him out.

Lol. That's some next level sarcasm right there. I like it. :3-1:

KinesProf

Reaction score
chris98251":3ri8b8r6 said:
GemCity":3ri8b8r6 said:

Coach's son, walk-on, played through injuries to both hands, carried Holy Cross on his back.

AgentDib

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":4mbymt6r said:
And how much is Bobby's cap hit next year Jerry McGuire?
The only way to have a talented team under a strict salary cap is to load up your roster with players who are better than what you are paying them. Filling your roster with overpaid players guarantees that you will be below average in talent overall, even if those players themselves are good. If we had paid the 2013 roster what they were worth we would have had to stop after less than half of the roster was full.

Bobby's contract being a poor value does not mean that we should bring in another player who is a poor value to replace him. On the other hand, it's easy to imagine Barton (1.1m) and Brooks (3.3m) outplaying their contracts given the low cap hits. We already spent draft capital on them and we can only realize that as value if we play them while they are still on the rookie deals.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JGreen79":390xpfs0 said:
Bobby's hit is $20 mil next year and still a better player than Blake by a very wide margin.

Martinez and Wagner's stats were very close in 2020, and would have again been very close in 2021 if Martinez didn't get hurt.

I'm not advocating for trading for Martinez, but I'm also saying there's no way in hell you pay Wagner 20M next year. That's WAY too much of a hit on the defensive cap number, a defense that desperately needs more playmakers on it via free agency.

flv

Reaction score
Wagner is due $16.6M next season. That's the number that needs to be thought about rather than the cap number. It will be a hard number to justify. If it isn't justifiable the question becomes what number would be acceptable to both parties, and failing that both parties will go their separate ways.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To the opening question, answer: NO!!!

Frankly you don't trade away franchise QBs on a trajectory to be a HOF QB for a cross your fingers shot at finding 'the guy' to replace that franchise QB.