Would you trade Carroll/Wilson for Reid/Mahomes today?

John63

Reaction score
knownone":20fpkyil said:
Pete has become criminally underrated by the Seahawks community.

I do not believe PC is underrated. I give him credit for what he did 2011-2015. I also give him blame for what has happened 2015 to now. He is a tail of to Coaches. the coach who knew all the player sin the draft, and could get what he wanted to run the system he wanted. and the Coach who no longer has that advantage and is not capable of or willing to use a system for what he has, and draft impact players consistently.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
John63":30xixsak said:
really that is you reply retirement? wow talk about stretching. Actually for me I am choosing the guy best for the team. We have nothing that says Mahomes could produce on our team, with what we have. Wilson can and has. Also remember this trade would be with Mahomes current new salary so even less money to make the team better. He does not have his top 3 oline, top 3 talent. He instead has what is considered a bottom 3 oline and mid tier talent.

So right now till I see Mahomes without all that talent around him I would not trade Wilson for him. Once we see how he handles not having all that talent we will see. Let's remember this is in the same system with the same HC that Made Smith look like an all pro.

A stretch to think a player with seven years on another will retire sooner? A stretch to think an active player is currently contributing more to his team than a retired player? How are you even defining a stretch, John?

Even if our o-line is so bad that it gives Mahomes a lot of trouble, an o-line can be fixed! Russell Wilson, on the other hand, can't be made younger and his prime can't be extended.

John63

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":8zx8u7yn said:
John63":8zx8u7yn said:
really that is you reply retirement? wow talk about stretching. Actually for me I am choosing the guy best for the team. We have nothing that says Mahomes could produce on our team, with what we have. Wilson can and has. Also remember this trade would be with Mahomes current new salary so even less money to make the team better. He does not have his top 3 oline, top 3 talent. He instead has what is considered a bottom 3 oline and mid tier talent.

So right now till I see Mahomes without all that talent around him I would not trade Wilson for him. Once we see how he handles not having all that talent we will see. Let's remember this is in the same system with the same HC that Made Smith look like an all pro.

A stretch to think a player with seven years on another will retire sooner? A stretch to think an active player is currently contributing more to his team than a retired player? How are you even defining a stretch, John?

Even if our o-line is so bad that it gives Mahomes a lot of trouble, an o-line can be fixed! Russell Wilson, on the other hand, can't be made younger and his prime can't be extended.

not a stretch to think a player who in 2 years as a starter missed 3 games, while another with 8 years has never missed a game. For all you BS about retirement okay and Mahomess could get hurt and be done in 1 year.

As to you premises an oline can be fixed, yeah maybe but while you at it fixing a bottom oline you need to hope your highest paid QB does not get hurt, and then while doing that you need to get that top 5 talent around him, and that defense which was way better than ours. You see once again you miss the biggest point, we don't know what Mahomes can do without all his toys and talent on both defense and offense. Talent we don't have.

Here is what we knwo for a fact

Mahones has a top 3 oline, top 3 talent on offense adn a defense ranked 10 places higher than ours and a system built for him.. eh is the highest paid QB in the league and has lost 3 games to injury. all this in s system that made Smith look like an all pro. We have no clue how he would look without all that. With is price tage it would take a long time if at all to replicate what he has now and o facts to say he can perform without it.

Wilson has proven he can perform without a top oline, top defense, top talent and is cheaper.

So sorry you can dream twist facts or whatever but this would be a bad move for us. Age is not the only issue here, and that is the only thing you really have. What good is him being younger when he is more injury prone. What good is his being younger when he costs so much more, what good is his being younger when we have no clue how he will perform without all his advantages. Sorry a bird in the had is worth 2 in the bush.

Latest posts