Wilson will not be traded. Pete will be gone. (Speculation)

hairy

Reaction score
The hawks are in a downward spiral. Pete is losing the battle as far as drafting players and his game plans. I thought when they hired Waldron the hawks were getting a different style of offense ie mis direction plays , zone blocking, and a short passing game over the middle. But its pretty much the same old Pete Carroll offense. And the defense? The DC is over matched, he cannot come up with schemes that confuse the offense, wide recievers are open over the middle, running backs have good days against the hawks. Nortons defenses are lousy how much longer is Pete going to stick with him? Pete likes to come across as a modern kind of guy but if something isnt working he cant seem to shift gears very quickly. Pete needs to let Shane run the offense and he needs to FIRE Norton and get a competent cordinator. Pete also needs to figure out why he cannot draft quality players with high draft picks. NONE of them have panned out in the last what 5 years or so. Metcalf yeah but thats about it. MAYBE its time for Pete to step aside.

morgulon1

Reaction score
You guys are talking about firing the most successful coach in franchise history. A coach that has had the Seahawks in the playoffs almost every season he's been
here.

ALL teams go through cycles as players age,get traded etc.

Some (a lot ) of Carroll's ways confuse the heck out of me but I don't think the organization gets rid of him unless he
he has a couple of really bad seasons.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
morgulon1":14g600n8 said:
You guys are talking about firing the most successful coach in franchise history. A coach that has had the Seahawks in the playoffs almost every season he's been
here.

Some (a lot ) of Carroll's ways confuse the heck out of me but I don't think the organization gets rid of him unless he

You make a really good point.
For his Dream Offense philosophy, I believe that Pete caught lightening in a bottle TWICE; The first time was when he went out & got Marshawn Lynch to pound the ball, and help take SOME of the focus off the Quarterback position, I think Lynch far exceeded his expectations....The SECOND lightening bolt was Russell Wilson, who was a scrambler that could throw the ball with pin point accuracy, and make extraordinary plays with his feet, that would not be there for other Quarterbacks....It was an Offensive Dream Come True.
It was PETE CARROLL, along with JOHN SCHNEIDER, who went out and brought those two to Seattle = GENIUS.
On the Defensive side of the ball is a whole another MIND BLOWING STORY = even more GENIUS moves.
Sadly though, there are no more RB's of Marshawn Lynch's caliber, that are available for Pete to bring in, and he's finding it hard to deal with his inability to regroup and philosophically go a different direction with the horses that he has in his stable.
Pete needs to let go of the reins & let Shane & Russell figure out how to best move forward.
Pete, with no RB threat to count on, did let loose of the reins somewhat in 2015, where Wilson & Baldwin started lighting it up, until it came to that loss in the playoffs.
Now for sure, Wilson needs help, and Pete knows that, but I don't believe he knows how to just get out of the way with the Offense, and focus more on the Defensive side of the ball :Dunno:

onepicknick1

Reaction score
morgulon1":pn73nifx said:
here.

You're only as good as your last game who cares about making the playoffs. When he came from college he had a good Ideal of who's the best player's out there now he has no Ideal. He seems to play not to win the game but try not to lose it.
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/14 ... ZonEg&s=03

Fade

Reaction score
morgulon1":bm6tpk1z said:
here.

They have 1 playoff win in 5 seasons. Against a backup QB.

The teams has been regressing for 7 seasons. More issues and deficiencies continue to crop up as the years go by and they are never properly fixed, and a lot of the time outright ignored.

Does the franchise have to be a smoldering pile of rubble before you recognize a change needs to be made?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Fade":2wzxf0kf said:
morgulon1":2wzxf0kf said:
here.

The teams has been regressing for 7 seasons. More issues and deficiencies continue to crop up as the years go by and they are never properly fixed, and a lot of the time outright ignored.

Does the franchise have to be a smoldering pile of rubble before you recognize a change needs to be made?
Unfortunately, some fans believe there can be nothing but losing seasons if they move on from a coach that was once great.

Maybe they’ll realize it when the franchise QB decides to leave cause he no longer wants to play for a coach that doesn’t know how to put the proper system in place to help him thrive.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2uttmy2h said:
Fade":2uttmy2h said:
morgulon1":2uttmy2h said:
here.

Unfortunately, some fans believe there can be nothing but losing seasons if they move on from a coach that was once great.

Maybe they’ll realize it when the franchise QB decides to leave cause he no longer wants to play for a coach that doesn’t know how to put the proper system in place to help him thrive.

I like to point at the Broncos in 2013-2014. They got rid of John Fox who just got them to a SB very recently, but they realized the issues, needed to do something different with the talent still on the roster, found themselves quickly back in the mix and winning. The trajectory of this team has been nothing but down to where it is now. Last year the team put all it's eggs in one basket with the Adams trade. It did not pan out. It took the Giants a long time to move on from Coughlin as well, to the point where they had to be several years of rubble. I fear the same for this team to finally move on. Got a long road ahead.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Yeah I can see it. I can also see Wilson and Pete staying for 2 more years in a last ditch effort at a Lombardi together

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
ZagHawk":jo7pg1oh said:
TheLegendOfBoom":jo7pg1oh said:
Fade":jo7pg1oh said:
morgulon1":jo7pg1oh said:
here.

I like to point at the Broncos in 2013-2014. They got rid of John Fox who just got them to a SB very recently, but they realized the issues, needed to do something different with the talent still on the roster, found themselves quickly back in the mix and winning. The trajectory of this team has been nothing but down to where it is now. Last year the team put all it's eggs in one basket with the Adams trade. It did not pan out. It took the Giants a long time to move on from Coughlin as well, to the point where they had to be several years of rubble. I fear the same for this team to finally move on. Got a long road ahead.
It also doesn’t help the future of the team if this team by some miraculous way sneaks into the playoffs, only to get eliminated after during the wild card weekend.

The coach will say the same things again, “We’re so close…etc.”

The owner will buy what he is saying and, voila, another 4 seasons of Carroll at the helms.

At what point is the ceiling too low when it’s a wild card exit from playoffs, year after year.

It could be so much more with a coach that can keep up with the times instead of playing a stale offense and outdated defense.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Rat":1y04cxs7 said:
seabowl":1y04cxs7 said:
Rat":1y04cxs7 said:
seabowl":1y04cxs7 said:
Again the point is with Pete already admitting to not being able to do it without Wilson
That's not what he said. Some of you take things way too damn literally.

Uh pretty much that is what he said. He’s been there a long time and without Russ he probably wouldn’t be there as long. To me this means without Russ he would probably not be there anymore.
You're talking like he called himself a fraud. It sounded like a tongue in cheek comment to prop up Russ. He's trying to be humble.
This is obviously true, but pretending it was some shocking confession serves the folks who came to a conclusion and now need to justify it.

Obviously, Pete is complimenting Russ and acknowledging head coaches don't stick without sustained success and it's hard to find sustained success without a good QB.

We still only have won anything meaningful when Russ was really still developing and Peteball was in full effect (elite run game and elite defense).

K

K.J WRIGHT

TwistedHusky":8s3h0m7o said:
I will take that bet.

Pete will be here next season.

Want to know the sign?

You will see the Seahawks/Pete's Excuse Mill gin up a number of articles about how close he is keeping the games and how bad Geno is, how nobody could be expected to produce under these conditions.

THEN

You will see articles about how when Pete got here he 'rebuilt the team from the ground up' and thinks he could do it again. I am already seeing stuff here and there about how the defense is starting to gel (*cough* bullsh*t *cough*).

Pete is not going anywhere and you WILL see FIRE PETE signs at the games. Hell I will bring one.

But Pete isn't Firing himself and he isn't self-aware enough to step down yet. This is only his last season if Wilson gives our owner an ultimatum, and even then it would be 50/50 at best.

You're WRONG!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":384kqtb4 said:

The owner will buy what he is saying and, voila, another 4 seasons of Carroll at the helms.

At what point is the ceiling too low when it’s a wild card exit from playoffs, year after year.

It could be so much more with a coach that can keep up with the times instead of playing a stale offense and outdated defense.

This is exactly the scenario that I fear.

Russell getting hurt gives Carroll the perfect scapegoat as to why the season didn't go better and the reason ownership needs to keep him.

You'd think Allen and the Vulcan brass saw that the season was already headed into the tank before Russell got hurt, but this is literally the hardest thing for a franchise to do, fire a coach like Pete.

Which is why we have to just hope Russell forces their hand in the off season. My prediction is he'll ask to be traded again, this time more directly than he did last off season.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":expbyxra said:
TheLegendOfBoom":expbyxra said:

Russell getting hurt gives Carroll the perfect scapegoat as to why the season didn't go better and the reason ownership needs to keep him.

You'd think Allen and the Vulcan brass saw that the season was already headed into the tank before Russell got hurt, but this is literally the hardest thing for a franchise to do, fire a coach like Pete.

Which is why we have to just hope Russell forces their hand in the off season. My prediction is he'll ask to be traded again, this time more directly than he did last off season.

Agree and by asking for a trade they will be forced to seriously look at Pete. The problem Pete has though is by him stating that he would not be here anymore if it were not for Russ, how can you let Russ go and keep Pete?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seabowl":3sts6yg8 said:
Sgt. Largent":3sts6yg8 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3sts6yg8 said:

Agree and by asking for a trade they will be forced to seriously look at Pete. The problem Pete has though is by him stating that he would not be here anymore if it were not for Russ, how can you let Russ go and keep Pete?

If Pete was 10-15 years younger, I could make a case for Allen putting her faith in him to right this ship and rebuild another SB champion roster.

But he's not, he's 70........and I can't imagine any scenario where Allen with all her business acumen would put her trust in this old of a coach vs another 10 years of having a franchise QB in Russell paired with a younger coach and possible GM, etc.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3jnbq2tn said:
seabowl":3jnbq2tn said:
Sgt. Largent":3jnbq2tn said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3jnbq2tn said:

If Pete was 10-15 years younger, I could make a case for Allen putting her faith in him to right this ship and rebuild another SB champion roster.

But he's not, he's 70........and I can't imagine any scenario where Allen with all her business acumen would put her trust in this old of a coach vs another 10 years of having a franchise QB in Russell paired with a younger coach and possible GM, etc.
I agree