Why the hate for Luck?

HawkMeat

Reaction score

HawkWow

Reaction score
I concur with Baldwin's assessment. At least partially. I won't go so far as to ascertain that Luck will be the all time greatest, but he will definitely be great. I see him as the next Aaron Rodgers in this league. People should research a bit more on the kid. Start between his ears (forget the beard, lol).

Greenhell

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2j9vau0z said:
UK_Seahawk":2j9vau0z said:
I think he seems a good guy (very sporting) and I reckon he will have a decent career. He looks to be a bit wet (the talk with Manning at the pro bowl was embarrassing) but he plays the game in the right way as far as I can see.

It seems though that everyone wants to see him crushed next week. What gives?
I don't hate Luck, I hate his Amish neckbeard!

My hatred for his neck beard is not only disgust but it should be illegal. :pukeface:

HawkWow

Reaction score
The neck beard is brilliant. It's his way of saying "I have no time for hot women".

knownone

Reaction score
Nothing about Luck really stands out to me. Everyone seems to be in agreement that he's the best young QB, but where's the evidence? He doesn't look like a world beater on tape. The guy absolutely crumbled against Miami in the second half as he tried to overcome a daunting 4 point deficit.

I don't hate Luck. I hate the perception surrounding him.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I like the kid. Heard his media session today. He's very nice, respectful, funny, humble. And very talented. Nothing wrong with him at all.

That being said, I hope we spank the crap out of the Colts this week.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":16hu7vjp said:
Pretty sure for a lot of people it's the media junk-slurping that was going on for the YEAR-AND-A-HALF prior to him being drafted, and then just as much slurping all of last year on top of that.

It's the same reason everyone hates Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On; overexposure and excessive praise to the extreme.

Plus, watching the Colts tank to get Peyton Manning, then 14 years later, tanking again to get Luck, I find it a bit annoying.
That seemed to cover it well....plus we play them on Sunday.

Sac

Reaction score
We don't hate Luck. We just think RW is better and many fans carry the chip that should be on his shoulder (but isn't) for him.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
knownone":7ja88ai4 said:
Nothing about Luck really stands out to me. Everyone seems to be in agreement that he's the best young QB, but where's the evidence? He doesn't look like a world beater on tape. The guy absolutely crumbled against Miami in the second half as he tried to overcome a daunting 4 point deficit.

I don't hate Luck. I hate the perception surrounding him.

This for the most part. I cant think of a QB right now who is more overhyped and overrated for what he actually produces than luck.

Luck is 81/127 915 Yards 5TD and 2Int. 5 TD is tied for 18th in the league with Dalton, Flacco, Hoyer, Kaep, Big Ben, Manuel, Vick, Tannehill He DOES have a 91.8 rating so theres that. Here are the teams he has done this against

Oakland
Miami
@SF
@Jax

Man.... Oakland, Miami and Jax are REALLY REALLY tough opponents guys. Only @SF was the hardest game IMO and that was AFTER the Seahawks completely dismantled and crushed the 49ers.

Not to mention everyone LOVES to talk about how bad the COLTS as a team are but how Luck just puts them on his back. Is that why the Colts are right behind us for points allowed on their D? Colts D has allowed 51 points and we have allowed 47. They also have more sacks than we do.

Lets see what Luck can do in his next stretch of games to truly see how much he has improved

Seahawks
@Chargers
Broncos
@Texans

This 4 game stretch will really be the test to this colts team and luck.

kearly

Reaction score
I am fine with the accolades Luck is getting right now, I wasn't so fine with it last year when he was nowhere near the same level of play as RG3 and Wilson.

Indy was a mirage last year. Not this time. Luck was the NFL's most over-rated player last year. Not this time. I fully respect Indy's chances and I think this might just be the toughest regular season game Seattle has left.

Latest posts