Born in Toronto, why I hate the Jays!

Rainger

Reaction score
Born in Toronto General Jan 1952. Spent 10 early years in Seattle, Elementary JR High and High school years. Moved back to Victoria BC In 1971.

Man I hate the Jays. So when the Mariners and the Jays both came into the league in the same year, all I heard was TO TO TO TO. As a Mariners fan (yes I was a Pilots fan) living in Canada, I could never see any Seattle game on TV cause the Canadian Government over rode any programing coming out of Seattle to show the Jays across Canada to force Canadian obedience to the Jays. (Many were Expos fans).

So often (well every single game when I couldn't luck out a tv game) I had to listen on the radio to the game. On cable TV they would only show the Jays. The only time I could watch the Mariners in Victoria was If the Jays weren't playing. Even though there was a time difference they still would put something on when the Mariners played to prevent watching.

Also if I went to the pubs I had to put up with the obnoxious Jays fan in the bars. They are even worse than the Canucks fans.

I am not making this shit up. Anyways the point is this was one of my most happiest moments in my 70 plus years of life having the M's beat the hated Jays. And the way they did it. Now get past the Astros, and beat my second most hated team the Yankees who stopped the Mariners from getting to the WS 2 times.

GO MARINERS!!

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was cracking up hearing about how Toronto fans were whining that the Mariners "should have stopped running the bases when our guys collided"

now THAT is funny

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I was cracking up hearing about how Toronto fans were whining that the Mariners "should have stopped running the bases when our guys collided"

now THAT is funny

Hahaha... so I'm at the game and theres another group of Ms fans like 3 rows down and as all the jays fans are standing in disbelief and worry for Springer I quietly tip toe down to them and do a nice and quiet respectful celebration for tying it up. Then I head back to my seat pretending to give a shit about Springer.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Used to watch hockey until they took hitting and fighting out..Bettman ruined the league by trying to sell the game to Americans in cities that shouldn't have teams to begin with.
Haha the NHL has always had more teams in the USA than Canada. Also more college teams and more minor league teams 360 million people vs 36 million but I get your passion