Why no love for DK"

Rambocalrizian

Reaction score
Man is basically modern day Calvin Johnson. Only one pro bowl so far and didn't even make it into the top NFL one hundred list, come on man. I’m expecting he’s going to be huge this year and he deserves it. I know Cj had only pro bowl one at this point in his career with mostly bad Qbs even our old friend Kitna.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Probably because he rarely dominates games on his own. I love DK, but he's not on the same level as Adams, Jefferson, Kupp, or Samuels. Yet anyways.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Probably because he rarely dominates games on his own. I love DK, but he's not on the same level as Adams, Jefferson, Kupp, or Samuels. Yet anyways.
The "Yet anyways" is appropriate ...but our team brought back Sanjay Lal as Passing Game/WR coach to "polish" DK. I read an interesting take a couple years ago from Sanjay...he gave DK kudos for absorbing what he's taught...he noted how DK "mirrored" on the field what he showed in practice as coached. DK was once just a "Go route...deep fade post" kinda guy...his route tree is expanding and once he gets "more comfortable" catching away from his body (think Lockett) he'll be the Red Zone Nightmare that gets TDs in bunches.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
For the most part, DK, needs to ascend his game.

He should be destroying DBs with relative ease.

Being the size DK is, he needs to step his game to where he can do what he wants and when he wants to any DBs.

We haven’t seen DK just completely takeover games for two consecutive games. He has the physical abilities and it should be something that he routinely does.

However, it’s not entirely DKs fault. Seattle, had (even last year) to feed the ball all around, so DK, will get touches when he gets his and force feeding DK the ball isn’t the best game planning strategy, so I get that.

I’d like to see DK ascend and damn near be uncoverable as well.

But, I don’t care about the personal accolades and nationwide recognition and notoriety, I just want Seattle to consistently win games through February!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
DK has the potential to be AJ Brown or Davante Adams type of receiver. He's definitely shown flashes he can be that type of receiver. He just needs to be more consistent.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who is yelling? Some people think he's damn good, others don't. Meh
For some on here, nothing he does will ever be good enough, period. And that's fine. To each his/her own.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Who is yelling? Some people think he's damn good, others don't. Meh

So what exactly are people angrily speaking in normal voice tones again?

I love DK, I'm glad he's a Hawk. He gives our offense some much needed physicality and edge. But he's not even the best receiver on the Hawks. He's got a LOT more to prove before being in the top WR's in the league conversations.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your opinion. He absolutely is one of the better WR's. I have a right to my opinion. Nobody is angry here, just having a conversation.
The week and a half break from this site was nice. Quickly seeing why it's always good to take a break.
Sounds like you're creating something that's not even there. Then again, par for the course for someone who doesn't seem to care what anyone else has to say.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I love DK's skill set. I think his main problem lies in being on a team with Tyler Lockett. Tyler just seems to always get open (I know not always but it seems that way). As a quarterback, you have two options there, you can throw to an open receiver in Lockett who has great hands, or you can throw to a guy like DK who can make catches even when he's double teamed. I think Geno (as would most quarterbacks) will choose the open receiver a vast majority of the time.

I like that we have this problem, and having added Jaxon Smith-Njigba through the draft may make it even tougher for any one guy to get enough touches to look elite. As a team it's a good problem to have, but eventually, you usually run into the issue where one guy wants to get more touches. I'm hoping this isn't that year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That's your opinion. He absolutely is one of the better WR's. I have a right to my opinion. Nobody is angry here, just having a conversation.
The week and a half break from this site was nice. Quickly seeing why it's always good to take a break.
Sounds like you're creating something that's not even there. Then again, par for the course for someone who doesn't seem to care what anyone else has to say.

You do seem angry. Maybe another week's vacation is in order.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, not angry in the least. Just laughing at you trying to create some "anger" that people have. We're just discussing DK. Nothing more.

Go Hawks

Latest posts