who really thinks we lose next week

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah my confidence level around the Rams game drops considerably if Okung isn't a go. At home we should still take care of business, but it has me worried.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Polaris":16yg9uln said:
SeahawksForever":16yg9uln said:
So we lose one home game and now you lean towards picking the Rams?

The problem is (at least for me) is this:

If this were the team we all thought it was, and one that was ready to lay all ghosts of Seahawks past to rest, then this is a game that a superbowl worthy team wins!

Instead we give back the division title not once by twice.
What? Does this mean there will be no AFC representative in the Superbowl? If so, cool give us our Lombardi then because we already won it if there are n. playoffs and this is the BCS.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Polaris":1nrvr9qv said:
MidwestHawker":1nrvr9qv said:
Can I presume that this means that there are no Super Bowl-worthy teams in the entire AFC? Because they all have losses like this to their name.

Frankly I am not sure there are. I mean this seriously. Right now I would rate the Niners (and yes even now the 'Hawks) over most of the AFC field at this moment.

The fact is that every Super Bowl winner in my lifetime has an ugly loss or two on the resume. We, by the way, don't even have one of those; we have three losses to teams with 10 wins each. The notion that "a Super Bowl team wins this game" can be used to retroactively discredit every damn champion the league has had in the modern era. Basically it's just a cliche and doesn't mean much.

Johnny

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":32763116 said:
Johnny":32763116 said:
MidwestHawker":32763116 said:
Johnny":32763116 said:
I Do.

The Rams are licking there chops at a chance to mess us up for a playoff run.

Oh, well if they're licking their chops I probably have to reconsider this whole thing...

It's ok to shake this lose off and say everything will be ok.... If that make YOU feel better! :pukeface:

There's no absolute certainty that everything will be okay, but of course I'm going to react rationally. Why would I do anything else?

?

Your team just got beat at HOME.... This is the whole reason we wanted HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS..... The Hawks are unbeatable at home, right? Well until today... If the Cards can come here and Whoop are butts like this what makes you think the 49ers, Saints, Panthers Etc. can't do the same thing?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
To be honest, I am seriously worried we'll drop the game next week.

Our offense has been straight up embarrassing since the 49ers game. I don't know if it's complacency or what, but I had no interest to watch today's game halfway through the third quarter. I was traveling and I literally stopped watching because it wasn't worth my consciousness at that point.

Our defense has been playing pretty well - which is much more important than the offense at this point - but I'm VERY afraid our offense is going to continue to sputter. It's at this point I'm becoming upset that Percy isn't playing and our offense isn't producing.

Polaris

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1lgau8pc said:
Polaris":1lgau8pc said:
MidwestHawker":1lgau8pc said:
Can I presume that this means that there are no Super Bowl-worthy teams in the entire AFC? Because they all have losses like this to their name.

Frankly I am not sure there are. I mean this seriously. Right now I would rate the Niners (and yes even now the 'Hawks) over most of the AFC field at this moment.

The fact is that every Super Bowl winner in my lifetime has an ugly loss or two on the resume. We, by the way, don't even have one of those; we have three losses to teams with 10 wins each. The notion that "a Super Bowl team wins this game" can be used to retroactively discredit every damn champion the league has had in the modern era. Basically it's just a cliche and doesn't mean much.

I think you might misunderstand where I am coming from. In of itself the ugly loss doesn't bother me. You're right, even the best Superbowl teams typically have 1-2 of these (except the '72 Dolphins). However, what I am talking about is different. Championship teams are supposed to be CLUTCH. They don't lose games that they can't afford to lose, and this team has laid an egg the last two times we've had to show that the 'hawks are clutch.

I now openly question if they really are a championship quality team, mentally.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
It's ok to shake this lose off and say everything will be ok.... If that make YOU feel better! :pukeface:[/quote]

There's no absolute certainty that everything will be okay, but of course I'm going to react rationally. Why would I do anything else?[/quote]

?

Your team just got beat at HOME.... This is the whole reason we wanted HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS..... The Hawks are unbeatable at home, right? Well until today... If the Cards can come here and Whoop are butts like this what makes you think the 49ers, Saints, Panthers Etc. can't do the same thing?[/quote][/quote]

Sure, this is the NFL, those teams could come and whip "are" butts.

Or, when they come here, it could be a repeat of the thrashing that they incurred in their most recent visit.

Guess that's why we watch the games huh?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Polaris":18f15r53 said:
I think you might misunderstand where I am coming from. In of itself the ugly loss doesn't bother me. You're right, even the best Superbowl teams typically have 1-2 of these (except the '72 Dolphins). However, what I am talking about is different. Championship teams are supposed to be CLUTCH. They don't lose games that they can't afford to lose, and this team has laid an egg the last two times we've had to show that the 'hawks are clutch.

Have we lost a game we couldn't afford to lose...?

Does the win over the Saints not count as "clutch," assuming for the moment that clutch is even a real thing?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1llgx61q said:
To be honest, I am seriously worried we'll drop the game next week.

Our offense has been straight up embarrassing since the 49ers game. I don't know if it's complacency or what, but I had no interest to watch today's game halfway through the third quarter. I was traveling and I literally stopped watching because it wasn't worth my consciousness at that point.

Our defense has been playing pretty well - which is much more important than the offense at this point - but I'm VERY afraid our offense is going to continue to sputter. It's at this point I'm becoming upset that Percy isn't playing and our offense isn't producing.
This actually is somewhat similar to my thinking. I'm not quite as worried but it's at the back of my mind for sure.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Polaris":u6jg21fz said:
MidwestHawker":u6jg21fz said:
Polaris":u6jg21fz said:
MidwestHawker":u6jg21fz said:

Playing devils advocate, you could debunk the whole "clutch" regular season garbage by looking at many of the Super Bowl winning teams of the past few years, many of which lost 4/5 down the stretch, 3 in a row dropping from division leads to 9-7 wildcards, etc etc.

Or you could argue that the San Fran and AZ games werent actually games they couldnt afford to lose at all. Did it make it harder? Would it have been nice to step on throats and end this? Sure. But there are still 3 different games that, if they go the Hawks way, make the San Fran and AZ games utterly meaningless.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Johnny":7oct1mfm said:
?

Your team just got beat at HOME.... This is the whole reason we wanted HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS..... The Hawks are unbeatable at home, right? Well until today... If the Cards can come here and Whoop are butts like this what makes you think the 49ers, Saints, Panthers Etc. can't do the same thing?

They can. Most of the time they won't (except when they're licking their chops obviously), but they can.

Polaris

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":mqoj2b3c said:
Polaris":mqoj2b3c said:

Have we lost a game we couldn't afford to lose...?

Does the win over the Saints not count as "clutch," assuming for the moment that clutch is even a real thing?

Maybe "game we can't afford to lose" was the wrong way to put it. Basically Championship teams show they are championship teams by CLINCHING when they should clinch. They don't let weaker teams hang around and beat them either in the game.....or in the playoff standings, and lately the 'hawks have done both.

And no, I don't think the AFC has superbowl worthy teams except that one of them will have to go to the super-bowl. At least that's my assessement right now. That can change of course during the playoffs or even next week.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Polaris":1od71n14 said:
SeahawksForever":1od71n14 said:
So we lose one home game and now you lean towards picking the Rams?

The problem is (at least for me) is this:

If this were the team we all thought it was, and one that was ready to lay all ghosts of Seahawks past to rest, then this is a game that a superbowl worthy team wins!

Instead we give back the division title not once by twice.
What? Does this mean there will be no AFC representative in the Superbowl? If so, cool give us our Lombardi then because we already won it if there are n. playoffs and this is the BCS.

hawk45

Reaction score
Well the offense certainly has their backs against the wall next week. Next week IS a game we have to have. If we see the same next week, at home, with HFA at stake, clutch will be in the discussion. If you can't sew it up at home, with the advantage at Century Link, that doesn't give you a warm fuzzy about your ability to do it on the road in the playoffs.

jhawk91

Reaction score
davidonmi":3ic69lx1 said:
yeah we're gonna lose back to back home games after not losing one for over a year. Jesus guys the rams aren't even 500. U were the same guys saying we were a shoe in for the superbowl

This is the type of thinking I'm talking about. Tampa is bad to and they almost beat us at home. Why? Well we didn't show up on offense for half the game and had to pull off a come back. The Rams have a great pass rush matched up to our not so great pass protection. Russ is going to have to make good decisions and get rid of the ball quick probably to win this one

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Polaris":3ok0o3ed said:
Maybe "game we can't afford to lose" was the wrong way to put it. Basically Championship teams show they are championship teams by CLINCHING when they should clinch. They don't let weaker teams hang around and beat them either in the game.....or in the playoff standings, and lately the 'hawks have done both.

And no, I don't think the AFC has superbowl worthy teams except that one of them will have to go to the super-bowl. At least that's my assessement right now. That can change of course during the playoffs or even next week.

Alright so basically some years there literally are no championship teams in the whole league.

You're wanting the Seahawks to attain some arbitrarily-defined status, which if they do attain it guarantees us nothing, and if they fail to attain it also doesn't guarantee failure to win the title. For simplicity's sake, I suppose it's just as well that I concede that the Seahawks don't have whatever this is, and I guess I'm okay with that.

snackdaddy

Reaction score
This game now means a lot to the Rams. Fisher has these guys playing like the games mean something, even though they are out of the playoffs. The past two seasons it seems like the Rams defense matches up well with the Seahawks offense. Quinn and Long are two very difficult pass rushers to handle. Wilson will have to be on his game. Don't expect anything less than a Rams defense coming in focused and ready to play. Your saving grace is the Rams offense. They're getting better, but far from a finished product. They will have difficulty generating much offense. Clemens is better than the last matchup, but I doubt Stacy takes your defense by surprise again. Its going to be a tough, grind it out kind of game. Maybe the kind of game where a late turnover or big return/play wins it for someone.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
rpmischris":2gdag2js said:
Hey I posted in a bunch of threads this past week saying we were going to lose. Of course I was joking but... uh it happened. I think we lose this next one to if Percy Jackson doesnt play!

Percy Jackson? Yeah, the Rams will be like a Sea of Monsters if he can't play. :thirishdrinkers:

Latest posts