who really thinks we lose next week

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I think we win, but not by a mile. They have a good rushing defense but not much else offensively or defensively. Probably depends on whether or not Bevell wises up and throws screens, quick slants, and such to take advantage of the "green behind the line" and keep Russell upright.

If he doesn't I think we'll lose again, just like with Arizona. However, I also think Arizona will take the Whiners so we'll still get #1 seed!

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Maybe it is because I am a lifelong fan born and raised in the PNW so naturally I am always cloudy with a chance of rain with my outlook on my beloved Hawks, but to heck with that.

We are going to win on Sunday and do it by double digits. No way Clemens without Long and our team having received a major wake up call doesn't take care of business this week. I would believe this even if we were on the road this week. This team is different and everything will click as it should on Sunday. Especially since my wife got me some sweet Seahawks PJs for Christmas tonight. Good luck PJs!! Go Hawks!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
tdlabrie":1x5foymh said:
I think we win, but not by a mile. They have a good rushing defense but not much else offensively or defensively. Probably depends on whether or not Bevell wises up and throws screens, quick slants, and such to take advantage of the "green behind the line" and keep Russell upright.

If he doesn't I think we'll lose again, just like with Arizona. However, I also think Arizona will take the Whiners so we'll still get #1 seed!
I don't disagree given Arizona is far better than most think and it's at home for them and a play in game on top.

I think we win anyway by 10. Making it moot beyond my enjoyment of a 49er loss.:)

zhawk

Reaction score
I say a win! moderate scoring at first with 14 points in the 2nd half. 20 point win :thirishdrinkers:

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
I normally think we will win every weekend. Especially AZ. Sucks but losing the last 2 out of 3 has acclimated me to the possiblity of losing. It could go either way this weekend. But I think we will blow it. I dont see any change in the offense unless russell can work his magic. We might win our first round playoff game but no Super bowl this year. Not being a downer but ive just come to terms with it after seeing all the issues this team still has at the end of the season.

muxpux

Reaction score
just 3 weeks ago i thought we were a for sure 1 loss team, that should be undefeated. now i find myself having doubts about the rams, at home.

i mean, its a natural feeling for a hawks fan. hopefully a bump in the road as opposed to the wheels falling off. ive seen it happoen to other teams in the league. i know it CAN happen, i just really hope that isnt us. i can hear it now, the miracle finish by the niners, punching the hawks in the mouth, dazing them long enough to take over the top spot (a la boxing match?) i dunno. im trying not to play out doomsday scenarios in my head, but i cant help it. prove me wrong guys!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We win. We win. We win.

By how much? No idea.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
muxpux":3819kzk3 said:
just 3 weeks ago i thought we were a for sure 1 loss team, that should be undefeated. now i find myself having doubts about the rams, at home.

i mean, its a natural feeling for a hawks fan. hopefully a bump in the road as opposed to the wheels falling off. ive seen it happoen to other teams in the league. i know it CAN happen, i just really hope that isnt us. i can hear it now, the miracle finish by the niners, punching the hawks in the mouth, dazing them long enough to take over the top spot (a la boxing match?) i dunno. im trying not to play out doomsday scenarios in my head, but i cant help it. prove me wrong guys!!
They will. Remember that Baltimore got beaten also late in the season just last year and still won the whole enchilada.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3g1u3bli said:
muxpux":3g1u3bli said:

They will. Remember that Baltimore got beaten also late in the season just last year and still won the whole enchilada.

Not just beaten, but beaten 4 of the last 5 games of the season.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
For what it's worth, people really need to stop conflating the Rams defense with the Cardinals defense as if the Rams defense is nearly as good. The Rams can go toe-to-toe with Arizona on defensive line talent (and in fact I'd say they edge out the Cards in that department), but beyond that everything favors Arizona pretty considerably. The Rams have a tough defense and can make this game ugly, but it would really take a choke to lose this game. The Rams are essentially an inferior version of the Seahawks, playing on the Seahawks' home field at that.

muxpux

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3uu180qx said:
muxpux":3uu180qx said:

well, i can say i dont "expect" us to lose, but im not as confident as i was going into the cardinal game. haha

RiverDog

Reaction score
Do I think we will lose? No, but I wouldn't be shocked if we did. We're not playing well. We seemed to have peaked, with our best effort coming some weeks ago vs. the Saints. We not only need a win, we need a big win, so we can put an exclamation point at the end of the regular season rather than a question mark.

This is not a trap game. A trap game is when one team sneaks up on an unsuspecting opponent. The last 3 games between us and the Rams were all decided by a touchdown or less. We do not match up well against them.

If lose this game, and if the Niners win and take the division, we might as well move the team to the Philippines and re-name them the Manila Folders. No way do we win 3 straight road games against playoff quality opponents.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RiverDog":b3w58tik said:
If lose this game, and if the Niners win and take the division, we might as well move the team to the Philippines and re-name them the Manila Folders. No way do we win 3 straight road games against playoff quality opponents.
"Manila Folders"........awesome!

davidonmi

Reaction score
let me talk you guys off the ledge.
First off the rams are 7-8 (2-5 on the road) seahawks are 12-3 (6-1 at home)
Rams Passing defense on the road.
Matt Ryan 33/43 374 2TD 0INT 31 points
Tony Romo 17/24 210 yards 3TD 0INT 31 points
Matt Schuab 15/21 186 13 points (congrats, it's the texans)
Cam Newton 15/17 204 TD 30 points
Andrew Luck ended up with a good day yards wise but that was garbage time 3 int's, their only good preformance
Colin Kaepernick 19/28 275 TD 23 points
Carson Palmer 27/32 260 TD 30 Points
their defense sucks on the road, outside of the dumpster fire that is houston, and the colts in a fluke game they haven't held a team to under 23 on the road.
also stacy has not been as good lately
since tearing up seattle and ten midseason
@IND 2.4 YPC
CHI 7.3 YPC (worst rush defense in football at 5.4 YPC)
@SF 3.8 YPC
@ARI 1.8 YPC
NO 4.8 YPC (#28 rush defense in football at 4.6 YPC)
TB 3.2 YPC

Kellen Clemens
Against good defenses
SEA 15/31 158 yards 0 TD 2 INT 9 points
TEN 20/35 210 yards TD 0INT, FMBL, 21 points
@SF 19/37 218 yards TD, INT, 13 points
@ARI 16/27 181 yards 0TD 2INT, 10 points,
NO 14/20 158 yards, 2 TD 27 points
he's been pretty bad against good defenses, and none of those defenses (besides SEA of course) are as good as ours.
the only outdoors game he's played was @SF so can't really judge that.
There's a reason he's a backup QB

Robert Quinn will obviously be a factor but with Okung back not as much (pass blocking has actually been pretty good as of late)
St Louis just isn't a good team.
Also our offense can't possibly that badly again, and coming off a loss in a deciding game against a team who's out of it in week 17 on the road I think people who are predicting a loss are overreacting to one game.
ST Louis is 2-5 on the road beating the collapsing texans and the colts in a fluke game. 20-13 seahawks might be giving the rams too much credit

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They will win. It took a lot of extraordinary things to lose to AZ, things that just don't happen on a consistent basis. They need the win and they will get it.

This should not be a surprise to anyone. Everyone I know thought that the division would come down to week 17 and indeed it is.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
And Holy Troll-Dar.

I find it somewhat amusing how those who are most concerned about the Rams are those with relatively new join dates and tend to reek of an odd Hawks' personality.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Look at the Patriots. They stumbled a bit and then turned around and kicked the crap out of the Ravens. I think Wilson, like Brady, will have a great game. They will hit the Beast coming out of the backfield like they did two weeks ago and get things rollingl. Look for some nice gains by Willson. A few less penalties and no Turbin on KR we'll destroy this also ran team.