who really thinks we lose next week

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's win or be the wildcard team like last year. The team knows that scenerio and didn't like it. They know it's go time and they will do so. We will win.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
I refuse to accept that this team will turn the sign over, close up shop and allow the Rams to win in Seattle. Russ will turn of the radio , stop looking at the sidelines and take over the game if needed. The Rams will not win next week.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Yes, I think we suffer our worst loss (10 pts). This offense is in shambles and our QB has been bad 3 weeks in a row.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Dude you're being way to confident. Do I think we'll lose? No. Would it surprise me if we lost? No. I'm not going to count them out. This has all the makings of a trap game.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1x8r34ac said:
Dude you're being way to confident. Do I think we'll lose? No. Would it surprise me if we lost? No. I'm not going to count them out. This has all the makings of a trap game.

...a trap game? Like, the Seahawks won't know that St. Louis is going to be tough? I don't think it has the makings of that, no.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
No, but I think it'll be close. The Rams have the perfect D-line to contain Russell Wilson: two smart, elite, disciplined ends. Their secondary isn't as good, and that's where Wilson might pull off a few of his redline throws and help us squeak by.

Polaris

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":ow6urqmi said:
dopeboy206":ow6urqmi said:

...a trap game? Like, the Seahawks won't know that St. Louis is going to be tough? I don't think it has the makings of that, no.

Whatever I feel about next week, a trap game certainly isn't it. If the next game didn't have the 'hawks full attention before, it certainly should now! You also have to know that Fischer's boys would like nothing better than to humiliate the 'hawks in the clink and deny them the NFCW Crown.

All that said, I won't say that the 'hawks *will* lose, but I am really pessimistic right now. I've seen this script before in 1984.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dopeboy206":ppk977c0 said:
Do you understand the term "trap" game? I ask you given this game is the diametric opposite of said term. This game has all the makings of a classic it's too bad the Rams can't get in the playoffs because in some ways it makes them more dangerous. It's going to be close, dirty and nasty I wouldn't have it any other way.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Polaris":11zskaht said:
Whatever I feel about next week, a trap game certainly isn't it. If the next game didn't have the 'hawks full attention before, it certainly should now! You also have to know that Fischer's boys would like nothing better than to humiliate the 'hawks in the clink and deny them the NFCW Crown.

All that said, I won't say that the 'hawks *will* lose, but I am really pessimistic right now. I've seen this script before in 1984.

I fully understand being conditioned to fear the worst because of the past; I would think any of us longtime fans of this team would. But the failures of the 1984 Seahawks have literally zero predictive value for this next game for the 2013 Seahawks, and I'm sure we both realize that.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2i4mpq59 said:
A trap game implies we take the opponent for granted. We will not. I look at the overall body of work of this team not just trends, they will respond.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Three things.

One, the Rams match up well with us. We put this game up to chance against the one team that gives us fits. That meets the definition of stupid.

Two, the Seahawks homefield mystique has been squandered. Teams were psyching themselves out about it and players on other teams were legitimately worried that they had to prevent us from getting homefield because "It is impossible to win there" for them. That is now dead. You can certainly argue it is harder to win there, but the perception that the place has this "magic" where it is actually a real uphill climb - that is probably dead.

Three, it is dead because we did not take care of business against a team that really isn't that good. A lot of people are making excuses about the Cardinals but the Cards stand ZERO chance in the playoffs. Zero. Maybe negative five. They are a borderline playoff team with a good defense, maybe even very good but not great. They happen to be strong against the run, so they stuffed us. But I suspect that if this was a playoff game that our preparation would have been better and we might have had more imaginative playcalling. If this is a SuperBowl team, then there are no excuses, we choked this one away (just like the SF game) and if it isn't then it doesn't matter. But SB teams beat teams like AZ.

Polaris

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2vcftooh said:
Polaris":2vcftooh said:

I fully understand being conditioned to fear the worst because of the past; I would think any of us longtime fans of this team would. But the failures of the 1984 Seahawks have literally zero predictive value for this next game for the 2013 Seahawks, and I'm sure we both realize that.

If you mean that my dread regarding 1984 is pure superstition, well I can't argue with that. However, I do note that this is the SECOND time that Seattle has had the chance to wrap it all up and laid an egg, and the third week in a row that the offense didn't seem to be able to play out of a wet paper sack. I find the trend troubling, and yes on an emotive level, past historic Seahawk failures have made me more aware of that. That doesn't mean it's all "in my head". It's not.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":1yya75j8 said:
Yes, I think we suffer our worst loss (10 pts). This offense is in shambles and our QB has been bad 3 weeks in a row.

Yes our QB being bad for 3 weeks, means the 12 weeks of great play can never come back really. Great he has had 3 bad weeks, but he had 12 great weeks before that, and can again.

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
WOW we are so spoiled. Everyone needs to pick themselves up off the floor and be real. Teams lose games. It happens. What, we were never going to lose a game at home until Russell Wilson retired?? We are still the best team in the league. We lost by 7 and that only TIES our worst lost of the last 2 seasons. This D keeps us in every game. The offense was bound to turn in a stinker eventually. It's simple math. It's an anomaly. I'm glad it happened now and not the playoffs. We have a chance to leave today in the dust next week. GO HAWKS!!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Can't ever say we'll lose, but it could happen of course. Pete can't get these guys to cut the mental mistakes, and that's a huge crutch.

Polaris

Reaction score
SeahawksForever":3vv0lgi2 said:
WOW we are so spoiled. Everyone needs to pick themselves up off the floor and be real. Teams lose games. It happens. What, we were never going to lose a game at home until Russell Wilson retired?? We are still the best team in the league. We lost by 7 and that only TIES our worst lost of the last 2 seasons. This D keeps us in every game. The offense was bound to turn in a stinker eventually. It's simple math. It's an anomaly. I'm glad it happened now and not the playoffs. We have a chance to leave today in the dust next week. GO HAWKS!!

This isn't a matter of being "spoiled". It's a matter that we entered the month with a 3.5 game MoE with four games to play and we've squandered all of it That doesn't make me very optimistic going into next week and beyond into the playoffs.