Abe to practice next week

James in PA

Reaction score
According to Pete, it sounds like Abe Lucas will start practicing next week. It would be nice to have him for the Rams game and be able get his feet wet going into the brutal stretch. Not having him since week 1 has been a huge challenge. It has really thrown the whole operation off. Maybe we can start seeing a running game again and the return of "good" Geno.

renofox

Reaction score
If he comes back playing as good as when he left, it would be a great addition to a struggling line. Our RT play has been really bad. He could shore up that side and make it a strength again.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Good to hear, we really need that guy starting. Also, I think the rook, Anthony Bradford makes a big difference on the interior. That guy's a mauler. Wonder what his status is, he didn't play against Baltimore.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good to hear, we really need that guy starting. Also, I think the rook, Anthony Bradford makes a big difference on the interior. That guy's a mauler. Wonder what his status is, he didn't play against Baltimore.
Agreed. Bradford > Haynes. I hope when Bradford is healthy, he's back in there and Haynes can go back to the bench.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Agreed. Bradford > Haynes. I hope when Bradford is healthy, he's back in there and Haynes can go back to the bench.

Yeah, I think if they could get these guys all healthy and have a line of Cross, Lewis, Brown, Bradford and Lucas, well, I think that might just be one of the better lines we've had in awhile.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Regarding the Hawk's offensive line:
My take is that we have talented players, just need a little more player development, and that seems to be happening.
Sounds like RT Abe Lucas should be back in a week or three, and that should help.

Regarding the Hawk's defensive line:
They have high level proven talent (Leonard Williams, Jarran Reed, Dre'Mont Jones), so....
I'm not sure how they gave up 300 rushing yards in a single game.

Can we get the Raven's on our schedule every year?
Sort of toughen up this Seahawk's group of ours?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That O Line needs Lucas back in the worst way. Turned out to be not only a huge loss, but he def. has been out a lot longer than expected. Not good.

keasley45

Reaction score
Regarding the Hawk's offensive line:
My take is that we have talented players, just need a little more player development, and that seems to be happening.
Sounds like RT Abe Lucas should be back in a week or three, and that should help.

Regarding the Hawk's defensive line:
They have high level proven talent (Leonard Williams, Jarran Reed, Dre'Mont Jones), so....
I'm not sure how they gave up 300 rushing yards in a single game.

Can we get the Raven's on our schedule every year?
Sort of toughen up this Seahawk's group of ours?

The same way they got embarrassed week 1. Too much hype, not enough discipline.

This team suffers from a false sense of accomplishment and takes for granted the need to be prepared and focused, always.

And that's coaching.

LTH

Reaction score
I don't exactly know what's going on with the running game. I think the O line is just not playing well and playing together. That O line has got to get it together especially with the run game cause 29 yards rushing is NOT going to cut it. If this continues they are going to be in serious trouble. The starting O line has played together 2 quarters in 8 games. That's a huge problem...

On the flip side the Hawks have given up 450 yards in two games... yes it was against the best rushing teams in the league BUT if they don't fix that this team is going no where! Part of it was TOP. The D was on the field way to long, 40 min to 20 min, that's a losing stat no matter how you look at it

Both of these factors are KEY to the success of this team and b that is the bottom line.

LTH