Votes: 25 22.7%
  • Jimmy Graham

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Jamal Adams

Votes: 66 60.0%

• Total voters

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Sheldon Richardson trade was a waste as well but doesn't reach the levels these others do.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Can we please stop using the excuse of "well they suck at drafting in the 1st round anyway" to defend trades.

irfuben32

Reaction score
The Graham trade would have been excellent if they had immediately turned him into an X receiver.

His contract was cheap for the offensive weapon he could have been.

Jamal Adams by far, It looks to me like we could be giving them a top 10 pick this year, plus next years 1.

I would rather have Shaquem Griffin then Adams, Quem would have made those interceptions.

Fade

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2qszsn97 said:
(Not sure you can pin this on JS though. Pete is the essence of a control freak. There is no way those were not his initiatives and that he did not push them onto JS. I have a hard time believing JS gets to spearhead trading 1sts without Pete as the driver.)

JS made his bones in the draft. His main strength is scouting college prospects. He comes from the GB way of doing things, he wants as many picks as possible. Do any modicum of research on what the Seahawks have been doing in the 1st round, and it has Pete Carroll written all over it.

Earl Thomas, awesome pick, Pete. After that it was a gradual decline, and just when you think they can't do even worse with their next first rounder? Pete finds a way.

JS was ready to bounce last year to the Lions of all places. Jodi had to give JS the bag to keep him.

Fade

Reaction score
irfuben32":3159j930 said:
The Graham trade would have been excellent if they had immediately turned him into an X receiver.

His contract was cheap for the offensive weapon he could have been.

Jamal Adams by far, It looks to me like we could be giving them a top 10 pick this year, plus next years 1.

I would rather have Shaquem Griffin then Adams, Quem would have made those interceptions.

Too slow to play X.

They just had to flex him out like in NO. Spread the field. Run him down the seam matched up against a LBer or S. LBers are too slow, Safeties are too small.

Or go 2 tightends with Jimmy playing the Joker spot. They made something so simple, extremely difficult. They didn't change their offense. They just plugged Jimmy into the Zach Miller spot, inline blocking TE. Insane.

My favorite part would be when they would get into the redzone and take Jimmy off of the field. WTF.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
I agree with the majority from the poll. It was the Adams trade. Too much of a setback to give up two number one picks. At least if this season goes down the drain, we could have looked forward to a high first round draft pick.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
i voted for adams only for the simple fact that we gave us the most for him. last year he played lights out for us. yeah he made some mistakes but what he was able to do rushing the passer was huge for us in almost every game. this year obviously its a different story.

im not ready to write Jamal off though. we have him under contract for the next few years. i feel like he will grow into a better coverage safety and will come up with some huge plays for us.

its not uncommon for players to have a down year. there is a lot of factors that go into this which im sure we can all think of. hes a baller. hes a student of the game. he truly wants to be great. i believe he will only get better. if we had a true #1 cornerback I know that Adams would benefit the most out of any player on this game. He would be able to play even more in the box instead of dropping into the deep coverage.

I'm not sure Kam would have been the player he was if it was not for having the best cornerback in the league for those years

Reaction score
I voted for Graham but that was more to do with Unger leaving and the decline of the offensive line because Graham couldn't block. That being said, whilst I do think it was a detrimental trade for the team, I feel like Jimmy Graham gets overlooked and criticised too heavily by Seahawks fans. Graham was a genuinely good player who, unfortunately, suffered a bad injury and just didn't recover well but he was the threat that every Seahawks fan wanted him to be. He's one of the biggest red zone threats in the NFL over the last decade, he was exceptional in his prime and, on paper, that Wilson/Graham pairing should have been brilliant.

So it was a bad trade but for other reasons.

As for Adams, I think a very good player but the team has to be better for him to shine. You need him to have a free role where he can dictate things on his terms but in order to do that, he has to trust those around him. You can't have such an enigmatic, creative player who will shine when he's surrounded by poor players because their lack of quality will automatically hinder the star player's role.

Tical21

Reaction score
Jimmy by far. Instantly transformed us from a phone booth brawler to soft.