Votes: 25 22.7%
  • Jimmy Graham

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Jamal Adams

Votes: 66 60.0%

• Total voters

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Adams - You just dont give up that much for a safety. I said when the trade went down that it was going to set the franchise back for years and it will. He went from pro bowler in New York to irrelevant in Seattle. Even the fans that loved and defended that trade are starting to finally see the light.

Graham - I liked the trade at the time because Graham was such a weapon for the Saints. I should have known better. Of course Seattle had him doing everything except for what he was good at. Yeah he set a franchise record at the position, but it was a record that was so easily obtainable that its basically meaningless. The loss of Unger stings too.

Harvin - He was a headcase and I hated the signing. He had a kickoff return in the Super Bowl that the team didnt even need. Was that enough to excuse the trade? Not for me.

All terrible trades, but Adams by far is the worst.

xray

Reaction score
If Adams gets 8 sacks and 4 interceptions every year , he still is too costly to the organization . IMO

RVA_311

Reaction score
The thing about the Adams trade (and of course the wound is also the freshest so I can't discount the possibility that that is influencing me at least some) is that there was no indication that I'm aware of that there were any other SERIOUS suitors. Even assuming there were...I just cannot believe that it was significant enough a bidding war to throw in an additional 1st rounder. Plenty of people would have already said we vastly overpaid for just one 1st, a 3rd and McDougald. But throwing in another 1st made it mind boggling, especially when Adams had made it known to literally anyone who would listen that he was done in NY and wanted out one way or another.

Graham I wasn't even upset about at the time because of the possibilities he brought to the table for the offense. Didn't like losing Unger in the deal but Graham was like a cheat code in his N.O. years so I was still excited. Then as pittpnthrs nailed in the comment above...we proceeded to waste his skillset his entire tenure with the Hawks. One thing I respected about him is despite this, I honestly don't recall him whining or complaining about it despite the huge departure from his dominant days putting up WR #'s with Brees.

Harvin is what it is. An overpay? Yes. But for the freak talent he was I at least intrigued about the possibilities, albeit cautiously given the evidence he had given that he was a difficult personality (putting it diplomatically). The fact that he had such an impact on the Super Bowl win will always grant him more benefit of the doubt, fair or not.

BASF

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2pptvxnn said:
Graham - I liked the trade at the time because Graham was such a weapon for the Saints. I should have known better. Of course Seattle had him doing everything except for what he was good at. Yeah he set a franchise record at the position, but it was a record that was so easily obtainable that its basically meaningless. The loss of Unger stings too.

Easily attainable? Tell me how many franchises have ten touchdowns as their franchise record for TE's

BASF

Reaction score
Regarding the topic:

Adams is easily the worst. By leap and bound. He simply is not good at what we need done.

Harvin started the Russell Wilson is not black enough bs and had some of the people in the locker room actually agreeing with him. That in and of itself makes it a horrible trade. Tate left because Russell Wilson wanted him off the team because the rumor was true.

The only reason people think the Graham trade was bad was their own expectations. They wanted one thing for production and got another and they hated that. It did help change our identity to Russell Wilson's team (away from defense and running game) and maybe in hindsight that wasn't a great choice, but it was what most of these posters wanted.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Harvin trade lost us a SB.

The Unger/Graham trade assured we would never reach another SB.

The Adams trade was a last ditch effort for Pete to see if he could win with a great SS like he used to have as a linchpin with Kam. Adams isn't Kam though.

The Adams trade was costly. But Wilson was probably gone regardless, not sure why he signed up for more Carroll after his first run though.

The Adams trade did not destroy the team chances though. The chances were already gone. It did not break that much, it just assured we would remain broken in the future. The team was already on the downside then.

I don't see how you could argue the Adams trade was worse considering the 2 other trades turned a potential dynasty into weak wildcard.

But they were all bad.

(Not sure you can pin this on JS though. Pete is the essence of a control freak. There is no way those were not his initiatives and that he did not push them onto JS. I have a hard time believing JS gets to spearhead trading 1sts without Pete as the driver.)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
BASF":35fij5gq said:
pittpnthrs":35fij5gq said:

Easily attainable? Tell me how many franchises have ten touchdowns as their franchise record for TE's

He holds the record for most TD's for a TE in Seattles history during his brief stay. The position has been a joke since the teams inception. Thats what I was alluding to. One good year still doesnt make it a good trade.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Weird that people are listing Harvin, dude had one of the most iconic moments of our SB win.

For that reason alone he should get a pass from Hawk fans, giving us such an incredible moment of joy.

No contest for me, so far Adams is the worst of the three. Two first rounders and isn't even close to living up to his contract, a contract this below average defense desperately needs him to perform at.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
BASF":1tep1q4a said:
The only reason people think the Graham trade was bad was their own expectations. They wanted one thing for production and got another and they hated that. It did help change our identity to Russell Wilson's team (away from defense and running game) and maybe in hindsight that wasn't a great choice, but it was what most of these posters wanted.

What was the other thing production wise? He sure as hell couldnt block but that was what Pete had him doing. I'll go as far as saying his stint with Seattle ruined his career.

Again, one good season doesnt make for a good trade.

BASF

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":mfqwfqnx said:
BASF":mfqwfqnx said:
pittpnthrs":mfqwfqnx said:

He holds the record for most TD's for a TE in Seattles history during his brief stay. The position has been a joke since the teams inception. Thats what I was alluding to. One good year still doesnt make it a good trade.

Beside the point, and you are avoiding the question. I am not challenging your belief on the trade. I am challenging your belief that TE's catching ten touchdowns in a season is easily attainable. Also keep in mind while you do your research that offensive and defensive rules now favor the offensive passing game by a wide margin, so it is much easier to attain now than it was while Graham played.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
BASF":gbmudm68 said:
pittpnthrs":gbmudm68 said:
BASF":gbmudm68 said:
pittpnthrs":gbmudm68 said:

Beside the point, and you are avoiding the question. I am not challenging your belief on the trade. I am challenging your belief that TE's catching ten touchdowns in a season is easily attainable. Also keep in mind while you do your research that offensive and defensive rules now favor the offensive passing game by a wide margin, so it is much easier to attain now than it was while Graham played.

I'm not avoiding the question and i'll gather the information for you if you want, but lets not act like that 10 TD season was enough to make the trade seem worthwhile (heck he had 8 TDs in his first year with Chicago).

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
For me its the Graham trade. Losing Unger was huge for the future demise of Seattles O-line.

I think its too early on the Adams trade. Any trade needs to be looked at after all the pieces have been moved to evaluate. Pete and John might have screwed up those 1st round picks anyway, so lets see how badly the Jets mess them up. You can't really evaluate missing picks on who you think they would have picked or who you hoped they would have picked. After all is said and done it could end up being a bad trade for all parties involved. Or, it could still turn in Seattles favor. If, he shows what led him to be as good as perceived before the trade.

He's still quite young and I have hopes that he will eventually play better. Or maybe I just have hope that he will be coached better. The guy has talent, he just needs to be put in position to use it. Ballhawking obviously aint it!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Teams that had a TE with over 10 TD catches in a season -

Eagles, Patriots, Saints, Chicago, Chargers, 49ers, Denver, Chiefs, Raiders, Colts, Packers, Washington, Miami, Bengals, etc,,,

I added the etc because i'm tired of looking and I didnt search all the teams. 10 TDs in a season is an accomplishment, but as you can see, its not that unheard of.

nutluck

Reaction score
Jerhawk":ykk76c2m said:
Jamal Adams
Traded away 1st round pick 2021 and 2022 + 3rd round pick 2021 + 2022 4th round pick + starting strong safety Bradley McDougald
Signed to 4 year, $70 million

Wait is this true? I must have missed the 3rd and 4th given up, I thought the trade was just for 2 1st rounders.

If this is true the Hawks gave up more for Adams a safety, then the Rams did for Ramsey a CB.

RVA_311

Reaction score
nutluck":2z1nmtnp said:
Jerhawk":2z1nmtnp said:
Jamal Adams
Traded away 1st round pick 2021 and 2022 + 3rd round pick 2021 + 2022 4th round pick + starting strong safety Bradley McDougald

Wait is this true? I must have missed the 3rd and 4th given up, I thought the trade was just for 2 1st rounders.

If this is true the Hawks gave up more for Adams a safety, then the Rams did for Ramsey a CB.

Almost. The hawks gave up the 2 firsts, a third and McDougald, and received Adams and a 2022 4th. But yeah...awful regardless.

nutluck

Reaction score
rva82":32jee85t said:
nutluck":32jee85t said:
Jerhawk":32jee85t said:
Jamal Adams

Almost. The hawks gave up the 2 firsts, a third and McDougald, and received Adams and a 2022 4th. But yeah...awful regardless.
Ah ok, I knew about the 2 1st and McDougald but missed the 3rd they sent and the 4th they got back the next year from the trade details.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Contrary to a lot of fans here saying Adams was a waste (notably so), however, you can still salvage what you have in him by at least playing to his strengths and not trying to make him play a role he does not excel in.

Let’s face it, he does best in the box and creating pressures and tackling.

Do NOT, drop him back in coverage 20 times a game.

Two or three times, sure, but you need to play him 90 percent or more of his snaps in the box patrolling for TFL and rushing the passer.

At least you wouldn’t look like complete fools having this guy covering deep passes against receivers and tight ends.

How difficult is that, really??

I created Adams game plan for every game from now on in less than 10 seconds of thinking.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm actually quite surprised people are not realizing how badly the Graham-Unger trade affected the hawks. The hawks were full on contenders at that point and when Unger left the O-line went to crap (not that it was ever GREAT to begin with) completely destroying the overall Hawks offensive capabilities. Lynch was getting hit behind the line every play and RW had to escape the pocket for heroics. Yeah Graham had 10 TDs, but again I think some people are getting fooled by stats (driven by Fantasy Football) not realizing how badly that trade hurt the team. Like sure he caught those TDs, but what about every other play that failed because Graham couldn't block (or wouldn't). What about the lack of Unger as center and all the failed offensive plays that brought the demise of this Hawks as a contender.

IMO

Harvin - Waste in the sense that he barely played, BUT he helped solidify a SB win and that to me is worth 3-4 years of crap. And ask anyone if you would be willing to jeopardize your team's next 2-3 years of success over solidifying a SB win, you'd take it.

Graham - Turned a SB contending team into a "playoff team"

Adams - Turned a "barely a play off team" into an average team headed to below average suck team tier for the forseeable future.

That alone:

Graham - his impact wasn't as bad as Adams, but it was a time the team could have contended and therefore the most harmful
Adams - his impact the most harmful but with less consequences of Graham therefore less harmful?
Harvin - You're not harmful if you solidify a SB win

is my order.

chris98251

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2qacb596 said:
I'm actually quite surprised people are not realizing how badly the Graham-Unger trade affected the hawks. The hawks were full on contenders at that point and when Unger left the O-line went to crap (not that it was ever GREAT to begin with) completely destroying the overall Hawks offensive capabilities. Lynch was getting hit behind the line every play and RW had to escape the pocket for heroics. Yeah Graham had 10 TDs, but again I think some people are getting fooled by stats (driven by Fantasy Football) not realizing how badly that trade hurt the team. Like sure he caught those TDs, but what about every other play that failed because Graham couldn't block (or wouldn't). What about the lack of Unger as center and all the failed offensive plays that brought the demise of this Hawks as a contender.

IMO

Harvin - Waste in the sense that he barely played, BUT he helped solidify a SB win and that to me is worth 3-4 years of crap. And ask anyone if you would be willing to jeopardize your team's next 2-3 years of success over solidifying a SB win, you'd take it.

Graham - Turned a SB contending team into a "playoff team"

Adams - Turned a "barely a play off team" into an average team headed to below average suck team tier for the forseeable future.

That alone:

Graham - his impact wasn't as bad as Adams, but it was a time the team could have contended and therefore the most harmful
Adams - his impact the most harmful but with less consequences of Graham therefore less harmful?
Harvin - You're not harmful if you solidify a SB win

is my order.

Graham came here and was suppose to make our offense elite and unstoppable in the red zone, he was average here as stated above, misused the whole time.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
rva82":snfb1q9v said:
nutluck":snfb1q9v said:
Jerhawk":snfb1q9v said:
Jamal Adams

Shoot you're right my bad.
We got the 4th round pick. I will edit that.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/3/2...-trade-seattle-seahawks-offseason-draft-picks

Latest posts