When?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hate to get rid of a good passer without a good reason to. He turned it on near the end of the year. Finished 9th in EPA per pass play without a steady run game to feed off of. Paying him a mid-range salary suddenly looks pretty good if we hire a coordinator who can scheme up a better rushing attack.
Especially if they draft a QB early. Who better to groom the QB of the future than Geno? Absolutely a perfect match. Geno would embrace it.
How many other guys would?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I am pretty sure one of the coordinators will go this off season. That being said next year is the final year for the entire set.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
if They fire both coordinators, who in their right mind would come to Seattle knowing it is likely Pete’s last year and a new head coach would likely want to pick their own coordinator? It would be a career stunting move.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
if They fire both coordinators, who in their right mind would come to Seattle knowing it is likely Pete’s last year and a new head coach would likely want to pick their own coordinator? It would be a career stunting move.

There is something to that. Maybe that's why we're not getting any news of any coordinator firings...informal talks for replacement have gone nowhere.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
this is why I think nothing is going to change.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
I dont think Pete wants to try a new coordinator on offense or defense if he only has one year left on his deal.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Rather than speculate about what MAY happen let's wait and see, it's still very early.

I rather think Hurrt will be discharged, Waldron will be kept. pete will finish his contract

The team has a good draft to build the interior OLine and find a quality NT to go with Reed and possibly Williams. At least one good young ILB will be found. We'll see some big contracts chopped and the DB crew will renewed.

There are a good number of high quality players here so the "reset" won't be that tough.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Heir apparent kind of deal?

A youngish OC like Houston’s who’d have a hard time landing a job this year gets a big dollar bump this year to Assistant HC and $$ guarantees if not slotted into the HC role next year.

Pie in the sky…fire Hurtt and let Pete call the defense for his swan song year and give Slowik carte Blanche on offense (including a QBoTF if available).

xray

Reaction score
This may not be a popular notion ; but don't you think that at least a couple heads may have been shopped off ; if the Hawks would of lost to AZ ? If true...damn that kicker !!! :)

cymatica

Reaction score
I see 2 scenarios, assuming Hurtt is out the door.

1st scenario is nothing will happen until the team is sold, the new owner will then clean house and hire a new head coach from the crowd of benchwarmers that are still available at that time. The new head coach will then pick the best available DC after all the good ones are taken and we get a year of Jim Mora flashbacks.

2nd scenario, Pete stays and waits until all the good DC candidates are taken, then hires someone from within or some other schmuck no one has heard of. Adams will also be our starting safety and Taylor will be team captain. Woolen changes his name to Eek and we set a new missed tackle record.

If there are no coaching changes, then God help us all.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s gunna happen. It may not be worth bringing in new Dc/OC if the coach has a year left.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hate to get rid of a good passer without a good reason to. He turned it on near the end of the year. Finished 9th in EPA per pass play without a steady run game to feed off of. Paying him a mid-range salary suddenly looks pretty good if we hire a coordinator who can scheme up a better rushing attack.
Where are you seeing #9 in epa? I’m seeing 15-16 at nfelo, the athletic etc

Regardless I’m wanting up to the idea that we should probably keep him. I’m still not sure if 31 million is worth it with so many holes but I’m open to the argument at the very least and it may be our best option for the next year

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Where are you seeing #9 in epa? I’m seeing 15-16 at nfelo, the athletic etc

Regardless I’m wanting up to the idea that we should probably keep him. I’m still not sure if 31 million is worth it with so many holes but I’m open to the argument at the very least and it may be our best option for the next year
Huh. I guess I'm wrong. I think the graph I saw earlier was week 10 onward. My apologies, I retract that claim. I'll correct it below and edit my post.

The actual ranking for the full season is 13th per RBSDM if we set the qualifier at 500 snaps. That's behind Stafford in 12th and Justin Herbert in 14th.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Huh. I guess I'm wrong. I think the graph I saw earlier was week 10 onward. My apologies, I retract that claim. I'll correct it below and edit my post.

The actual ranking for the full season is 13th per RBSDM if we set the qualifier at 500 snaps. That's behind Stafford in 12th and Justin Herbert in 14th.
No worries I’ve posted epa stuff multiple times and been wrong lol. A few different sites do them and some are tweaked too so it’s hard. Doesn’t change much really as the argument is still a valid point from you’re end

Ozzy

Reaction score

And I’ve been super critical of Geno but he’s been a little better than I gave him credit for and he’s fixed some stuff that I think plagued him late last year.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
And I’ve been super critical of Geno but he’s been a little better than I gave him credit for and he’s fixed some stuff that I think plagued him late last year.
That’s from fixing it each week in practice. Cleanin stuff up. Scratchin and clawin and jackin and pumpin

seabowl

Reaction score

This means one of three things:

1- Caroll will be fired after a few days of discussions but unlikely
2- A coordinator or both coordinators will be fired, and they are going to announce it after a few days of discussions
3- nothing as far as personnel changes, however ownership and management tell Carol that he needs to do things very differently than what he’s been doing as far as scheme etc. and that will be maybe announced in someway.

They MUST Announce they are doing something about what has gone on here for five years plus