When?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's what I EXPECT ^

Why would be think that anything is really gonna' change?

Pete's M/O when the team has a bad year is to make a sacrificial lamb firing of one of his coordinators.

So I assume that means Hurtt this time.

You know, to show everyone he's serious about doing the exact same things year after year regardless of coordinators and then being confused when we don't make the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
True. I just don't believe anything he has to say. I'm beyond done listening to any of it.

Yep. We all have Pete word salad fatigue.

Honestly, if Pete comes back who cares. As much as we all love our Hawks, until there's an ownership and/or coaching change this team will never again be more than a fringe 6th seed WC team.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Patience folks, those coordinator decisions will come soon, as will the verdict upon whether PC stays around for another season.

The drive through immediate service mentality is unrealistic in terms of critical personnel decisions. While I want Hurrt gone as bad as anyone but it's a a good deal early for those type decisions to be made, until at least Jody returns from Houston.

Today is the 2nd day after the season ended for the team. The players likely have not all finished their end of season interviews, thy clean out their lockers today. Assessment of the season's results are likely done but not discussed with various coaches, or even the respective coordinators.

We all should expect there will be a good deal of personnel movement for cap reasons this off season.

Last edited:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Patience. It's coming.

Waldron probably too.

But it's coming. Writing is on the wall.
I'm not convinced. Other teams are already jettisoning their coordinators/head coaches. Previously, when we fired Schottenheimer and Norton it happened quickly after the end of the season.

I'm getting the vibe that we may just run with these two guys again. Or, if a coach is fired I think it's going to be Waldron, not Hurtt. Carroll did not seem to happy with Waldron. The interaction between Pete and Waldron on the sidelines gave the impression that Pete was pissed off. He was in Waldron's ear more than I've seen him with any OC that we've had.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wake me up when we get rid of Clint and Geno at the very least. Until then Im not getting my hopes up
Hate to get rid of a good passer without a good reason to. He turned it on near the end of the year. Finished 9th in EPA per pass play without a steady run game to feed off of. Paying him a mid-range salary suddenly looks pretty good if we hire a coordinator who can scheme up a better rushing attack.

EDIT: 9th was incorrect. 9th would've had him between Mahomes and Baker Mayfield in EPA/play. He is actually 13th, which is between Stafford and Herbert.

Last edited:

James in PA

Reaction score
Gonna be a lot of butt HURTT people if Waldron and especially Hurtt are back. Many of us feel that way knowing Pete will probably be back, but baby steps....