• Sometime this week.

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Sometime next week.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • By the third preseason game.

Votes: 61 22.5%
  • By the final preseason game.

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • The week leading up to the first regular season game.

Votes: 57 21.0%
  • Sometime after the first regular season game.

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • He will hold out well into the season.

Votes: 53 19.6%

• Total voters

northseahawk

Reaction score
So can the Seahawks prevent him from getting his yearly salary if he reports at the 10th week???

This selfish bastard better not get a dime for this year if he doesn't report this week.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2rkac1zb said:
With how stubborn Kam is being, I'm starting to think he shows up to play the final 6 games so he can accrue a "full season" of service and get a year knocked off his contract. That will give him more leverage when he does the same thing next year.
That's the way I'm leaning right now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
northseahawk":z3i0d2t5 said:
So can the Seahawks prevent him from getting his yearly salary if he reports at the 10th week???

This selfish bastard better not get a dime for this year if he doesn't report this week.
No, I believe it would be prorated for each game he plays, per the CBA I believe.

Frankie23

Reaction score
I can't understand why he was with the team during OTA's, but decided not to show up un training camp/season opener. I wish this thing ends well, but if not, they should trade him to the worst team in football so that he would regret his stupid decision for the rest of his life.

seacat1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Kam is at the OSU-Va Tech game tonight? If he isn't he may plan on coming in sooner than he has suggested.

massari

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1pyl4i7z said:
With how stubborn Kam is being, I'm starting to think he shows up to play the final 6 games so he can accrue a "full season" of service and get a year knocked off his contract. That will give him more leverage when he does the same thing next year.

But he still wouldn't get paid for the missed 10 games, right?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
massari":38s22psh said:
HawkFan72":38s22psh said:

But he still wouldn't get paid for the missed 10 games, right?
Depends, the Seahawks could waive the fees it if they so desire, however I'm inclined to believe that Pete Carroll, and Schneider are going to play hardball. Kam Chancellor has no leverage here, he's playing a fools game. The Seahawks don't have to waive the fines, and they don't have to pay him for missing games. That money is only going to fly out of his pocket, and the more time that goes by, the more money he is going to lose.

I do not understand what his 'end game' is here. He's got everything to lose, and very little to gain under the current CBA rules. It's like buying stocks in ENRON, or having Bernie Madoff as your stock broker.

Largent80

Reaction score
Kam is a great player, but at this point let him rot and keep him in the purgatory that he has created for himself.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":17a5e7qq said:
I do not understand what his 'end game' is here.

I think his end game is that of his three remaining years on his contract this year is the last year that he has any meaningful guaranteed money (7.5 million this year, compared to 2 million next year and 1 million the year after that).

To be fair I think this is one of the consequences of having let Lynch into the hen house.

Kam at the very least wants a significant portion of his salaries for next year and the year after to be converted into guarantees, and they've already given up the goods on toeing the line at the request (Lynch), and from a cap perspective they can't really make a good argument for why they shouldn't do it.

Basically, they don't want to do it because then everyone else will want it and they'll have to deal with holdouts, but they lost their chip in this argument because they've already done it last year.

It's true the Hawks have all the leverage here, but it doesn't mean it's a good place for them to be in. Using your All Pro safety to symbolically toe the line the year after you let your All Pro RB walk right over it is definitely not an enviable position to be in, even though if you choose to do so you'll ultimately win the battle.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":39ox7xso said:
Spin Doctor":39ox7xso said:

I think his end game is that of his three remaining years on his contract this year is the last year that he has any meaningful guaranteed money (7.5 million this year, compared to 2 million next year and 1 million the year after that).

To be fair I think this is one of the consequences of having let Lynch into the hen house.

Kam at the very least wants a significant portion of his salaries for next year and the year after to be converted into guarantees, and they've already given up the goods on toeing the line at the request (Lynch), and from a cap perspective they can't really make a good argument for why they shouldn't do it.

Basically, they don't want to do it because then everyone else will want it and they'll have to deal with holdouts, but they lost their chip in this argument because they've already done it last year.

It's true the Hawks have all the leverage here, but it doesn't mean it's a good place for them to be in. Using your All Pro safety to symbolically toe the line the year after you let your All Pro RB walk right over it is definitely not an enviable position to be in, even though if you choose to do so you'll ultimately win the battle.

Granted, it's not a good place but it's hardly the team's fault. That's absurd. It was Kam's choice and he's not getting his money.

From a cap standpoint, I disagree. They do have a good argument. "We're not going to renegotiate contracts with 3 years left on them, Kam. It will kill this team from a cap perspective."

Pretty good argument imo.

themunn

Reaction score
Laloosh":2q24ae0y said:
Granted, it's not a good place but it's hardly the team's fault. That's absurd. It was Kam's choice and he's not getting his money.

From a cap standpoint, I disagree. They do have a good argument. "We're not going to renegotiate contracts with 3 years left on them, Kam. It will kill this team from a cap perspective."

It won't kill the cap though, by guaranteeing the salary the projected cap number remains unchanged. The only way it would affect the cap is if Kam gets injured this year and they decide to cut him; as that salary is now guaranteed they don't save against the cap as they would under the current contract.

Now that's a fair enough approach to take with your backup guys and even your low-end starters, but the only real argument against doing it for Kam from the team's point of view is "it removes our flexibility to cut you next year". And for an all-pro safety, former team captain and designated "core player", that's a pretty flimsy argument.

Of course, we've not been privy to the contract discussions, and I'd actually be quite surprised if the team HADN'T offered that by now, so it may well be that he IS asking for more money, hence the continued holdout.

Mocha Joe

Reaction score
Whether or not Kam is rewarded a new contract, gets traded or gets fined tons of money, nobody wins if this holdout lasts past the fourth game.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I'm going to guess either today or not for a few weeks in to the season. I have a good feeling about today though.

Laloosh

Reaction score
themunn":63qckz5k said:
Laloosh":63qckz5k said:

It won't kill the cap though, by guaranteeing the salary the projected cap number remains unchanged. The only way it would affect the cap is if Kam gets injured this year and they decide to cut him; as that salary is now guaranteed they don't save against the cap as they would under the current contract.

Now that's a fair enough approach to take with your backup guys and even your low-end starters, but the only real argument against doing it for Kam from the team's point of view is "it removes our flexibility to cut you next year". And for an all-pro safety, former team captain and designated "core player", that's a pretty flimsy argument.

Of course, we've not been privy to the contract discussions, and I'd actually be quite surprised if the team HADN'T offered that by now, so it may well be that he IS asking for more money, hence the continued holdout.

My point about it killing the team from a cap perspective, is that every starter would be knocking on their door as soon as their non-guaranteed money years approached. It would kill us.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
lukerguy":2l7ibxt8 said:
I'm going to guess either today or not for a few weeks in to the season. I have a good feeling about today though.

I hope your feelings are right. :?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Popeyejones":20y05nmc said:
Spin Doctor":20y05nmc said:

He should of just held out next offseason then...that is what I dont get

RussB

Reaction score
never thought kam would be the guy who cares more about money than his team

Team Patera

Reaction score
He's holding up the team. He has a job to do.
I can't hold up the team here at the office because I'm being a stubborn little brat.
Stop being a cry baby and play the game you were hired to do. Sheesh!