When did you get your Seahawk on?

When did you be come a Seahawk fan

• Been a fan since 1976

Votes: 39 23.5%
  • Became a fan in the first few years.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Been a fan since the Chuck Knox era.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • Amazingly became a fan during the down years of the early 90's.

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • Been a fan since the Holmgren era.

Votes: 42 25.3%
  • New fan. "go hawks!"

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters

calihawk

Reaction score
Became a fan in 1996 after the rams went to St Louis .Ericson was the coach and I hung in until Hommy took over and provided some hope for the future.New ownership changed the franchise for the better.
My first trip to Quest field was so awesome I was hooked for good.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Raised a Broncos fan, born in CO, parents were Broncos fans (not big time). Moved to WA when I was 3, lived here ever since. Started to hate Elway's ugly mug after losing a couple of Super Bowls in the 80s. Decided that since all my memories are in the great state of WA there was no reason for me to follow the Broncos...but I had a quick dalliance with the Saints first (hey, the Bobby Hebert days were fun, and I like underdogs. No bigger underdog than the Saints back then!).

Decided to commit my high school graduation year, watched every game in 1991, been hooked ever since.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I was on a work trip in the States a few years back. I re-found my love for NFL then. I had been watching more as a kid but lost it at some point and I did not have a clear favourite team back then. Somehow I thought "I really would like to go to Seattle and Vancouver" and started watchin Hawks games. That was the last season of Hasselbeck and I'm glad I got to see it. Then I got to see the beastquake which cemented my stand for life.

I have a soft spot for the Jets too (its only AFC) mainly because I love New York but it's only symphatizing them, nothing like the love for Hawks.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
My family moved to Seattle in 83 or 84 from Tennessee. I remember being so excited to move to a city that had its own team! That was a big deal for me as a kid, so exciting.

I was a huge NFL fan, but everyone was either Cowboy and Falcon fans back then in TN. Mostly followed the Cowboys by default, they were always on on Sundays.

Moved here, completely adopted them as my own, haven't looked back.

Harperville

Reaction score
Born in '85, so 90's for me. Us 90's guys should really get a badge of honor for suffering through the likes of Stan Gelbaugh, Kelly Stouffer, Rick Mirer, Dan McGwire, John Friesz, old Warren Moon and Jon Kitna at QB and still becoming and staying fans. Couldn't even remember the "glory" days of the 80's!

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Something about living in Wilmington, North Carolina made me fall in love with the Seahawks.

Reppin since 2004, never looked back. (May have closed my eyes a bit during the short lived Mora era though.)

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I have been a fan since the late 80's, but didn't start really watching until late in the Holmgren era when I started getting into fantasy football and really into football in my adult life.

Latest posts