When did you get your Seahawk on?

When did you be come a Seahawk fan

• Been a fan since 1976

Votes: 39 23.5%
  • Became a fan in the first few years.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Been a fan since the Chuck Knox era.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • Amazingly became a fan during the down years of the early 90's.

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • Been a fan since the Holmgren era.

Votes: 42 25.3%
  • New fan. "go hawks!"

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Since there is a poll going on discussing the relative ages of .netters, I thought it would be interesting to see if the relative ages matched with length of fandom. I have been on board since the preseason 1976.

Zer0veritas

Reaction score
My dad grew up in Everett so even when we lived in phoenix growing up we used to try and watch all the Seahawk games. We eventually moved to Spokane when I was 10 and been going to games just recently (29) that last few years but I never miss a game every season since I can remember.

Joey Galloway was my favorite player when I was a kid.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I became a fan in the 90's. I'd watch football on weekends with my Grandfather, and he was a Seahawks guy. Plus, dudes like Tez and Blades had awesome names to me, as I was just a young lad...I thought they were like superheroes or something.

Been a fan ever since.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Became a fan when I moved up here in the late 90's. Haven't looked back and never will stop being a Seahawk fan.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Not quite old enough to be a fan from the start. I started to like them around 1984-85ish when I was about 10 years old. Kenny Easley is who first hooked me.

nwgamer

Reaction score
My father was a season ticket holder. I was 4 when the hawks rolled in to town and was a dihard fan by defalt.

warden

Reaction score
I was a teenager in the 1976, discovered drinking and spent my Sundays nursing a hang over watching Zorn scramble.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
1987 is the year when I consciously realized the Seahawks were of equal importance to me as my parents.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Even though my family moved to Washington in 1976, I never caught on untill 1977. Because of that I had to pick the 2nd answer on the list. I was 10 years old when I became a diehard fan. We moved to Michigan in 1984 and have stayed loyal to the Hawks all these years. :)

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I played sports all my life growing up, including football, but I didn't get into watching the Seahawks every Sunday until I graduated from High School in 2003 and really got into the Hawks after going to my first game in 2004. My passion has only grown since.

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
1979 for me. San Diego was visiting and caught it on the tube in a hotel room while visiting from out of town. A junior in high school. That was a great road trip.
Fan ever since.

Veilside

Reaction score
I grew up watching them in the 80's (born in 1980) and loved Largent but I was too young too understand football. Didn't really pay too much attention again till 2005 and pretty much watched most games from there until 2009 which is when I really started to pay attention. Since then I've been obsessed and never looked back. My girlfriend hates it but has learned to accept that it's not going to change.

I guess technically that makes me a new fan even though I've always considered myself a Seahawks fan. I just didn't know what a fan really was until later in life.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
1984-85ish. That's when my brothers explained football to me and I started liking the opposite sex. Win, win!!!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I was a fan even before the King Dome was built! Even before the NFL awarded Seattle a franchise!! We early day fans have been though hell!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My ex- and I moved to Seattle from southern Illinois in 1980. It was a long drive in a '79 Mazda GLC.

I instantly became a Hawks fan when we topped the summit of Snoqualmie Pass.

It was all downhill from there.

Latest posts