What's the plan?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just without perspective after the terminations of Russ and Wags.

And, when they were let go, I thought - well, there must be a plan - there is SO much $ available.

I'm getting the feeling - that there is no real plan.

Anyone else have any idea 'what' the plan of the FO actually is/might be?

Is it band-aid with a 1 year QB, rebuild the defense, then year 2 focus on the offense?

Or is it snag the best 'available' QB, rely people to step up on defense, and then worry about filling holes in 2023?

Draft?

I'm feeling like it's kinda bottom-feeding and rudderless right now. But obviously I'm not in the loop.

Anyone have any ideas what the master plan is? Or could be? I kinda thought that if Russ was ever to go, it would be with a 'grand swap' type arrangement - with him leaving, and another older type super-star type coming in as part of the same trade. I guess I was wrong!

seabowl

Reaction score
IMO there is definitely a plan as this is not only Pete/John involved but Seahawks ownership as well and their management team.

I think they have a current NFL QB in mind that they are going to acquire that IS NOT named Watson and that will not break the bank. They’re not going to crush their cap space as they did with Russ. For some reason I keep thinking someone like Bridgewater or even trading for someone like Msyfield if his $ is not too much.

Undoubtedly Pete wants to run the ball and control the clock with a qb willing to play that style. Outside of a qb their focus will be the lines.

IMO that is their plan.

Elemas

Reaction score
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
remember the old mike tyson quote " Everybody has a plan till their punched in the mouth" i think pete and john
are a we got puched just grab random cause he was good or we can fix him

Chawker

Reaction score
This year I can see us going with Lock at QB. Biulding our OL in free agency, one or two signings (OC OG or OT)

Draft: trading back in round one with Cleveland to #13 (picking up a third round pick #78)

Selecting Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia at 13

40 and 41 Jalen Pitre S Baylor (speed) Logan Hall DE Houston 6'6" 285

72 Tariq Woolen CB UTSA 6'4" 205

78 from (Cleveland) Troy Anderson MLB 6'3" 240

106 Abram Smith RB Baylor 5'11" 215

Last three picks OL CB LB

50 50 shot at the play offs.

Cheers :229031_shrug:

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Chawker":1t8x2p8c said:
This year I can see us going with Lock at QB. Biulding our OL in free agency, one or two signings (OC OG or OT)

Draft: trading back in round one with Cleveland to #13 (picking up a third round pick #78)

Selecting Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia at 13

40 and 41 Jalen Pitre S Baylor (speed) Logan Hall DE Houston 6'6" 285

72 Tariq Woolen CB UTSA 6'4" 205

78 from (Cleveland) Troy Anderson MLB 6'3" 240

106 Abram Smith RB Baylor 5'11" 215

Last three picks OL CB LB

50 50 shot at the play offs.

Cheers :229031_shrug:

That's a pretty specific plan!

I will search some of that shit!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well if its not Watson I say roll with Lock for a year and tank hard so that they line up for a top 3 pick in the 2023 draft. Under no circumstances draft a qb this year. Next year is by far the better draft class for qb. Get other pieces this year. This team is in need of much more than a qb.

nanomoz

Reaction score
ddores":2ccgpxe2 said:

And, when they were let go, I thought - well, there must be a plan - there is SO much $ available.

Is it band-aid with a 1 year QB, rebuild the defense, then year 2 focus on the offense?

Or is it snag the best 'available' QB, rely people to step up on defense, and then worry about filling holes in 2023?

Draft?

I'm feeling like it's kinda bottom-feeding and rudderless right now. But obviously I'm not in the loop.

Anyone have any ideas what the master plan is? Or could be? I kinda thought that if Russ was ever to go, it would be with a 'grand swap' type arrangement - with him leaving, and another older type super-star type coming in as part of the same trade. I guess I was wrong!

The best analysis around is here: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/should-the ... he-rebuild

Staton's not always right. But he often is. And he has a unique ability to recognize patterns and apply them to his guesswork.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think Pete wants to rebuild the defense and will draft and go through free agency accordingly. I also feel that it will take a half a season before there is any improvement in a rather poor or pedestrian defense (always takes that long it seems) that will have fans licking their chops for the next season until the same thing happens again.

I expect a trade down from the #9 pick as usual. I can see them picking up a center or some type of offensive lineman since they failed so miserably last year by not taking Creed Humphrey. I think they'll draft or grab another receiver as I expect them to get rid of either DK or Lockett and try to fit Eskridge into the #2 spot. They'll definitely overpay for Penny expecting him to be the main back for next season. Of course he'll get hurt or fall back into his old habit of reporting out of shape after his big contract. Fans will be blaming the Oline for his issues.

The QB will be a plug and play type game manager for cheap. He'll struggle with turnovers and so forth and Pete will step in to neuter the offense and to rely on an already poor running game and the QB wont be good enough to overcome it like Wilson has for years.

It'll be a 5 win season at best. Pete will get one more year after that and then be asked to step down and the franchise will struggle for the next 5 or so years. Thats how I see it playing out.

BigMeach

Reaction score
ddores":6ca5l43j said:

Draft?

I'm curious what makes you think suddenly there is no plan? It's been less than a week and it's not even draft yet.

hoxrox

Reaction score
They have a blueprint from 2010-2012. Leave no stone unturned. Always compete.

Only issue is the scouting and talent evaluation has been subpar ever since Scot McCloughan left.

They've admitted they been arrogant and perhaps even hormonal at times... leading to bad decisions. Gambling with the draft capital on bone headed trades and with thinking they can find diamonds in the rough in late rounds again?

The best plan in my opinion is to compete for a championship in 2024-2025 if they can rebuild this right. But that's a big IF.

Latest posts