What is the plan?

Welshers2

Reaction score
Everyone else is filling coaching slots while there is crickets from Seattle. Multiple coaches they don't even bother interviewing. Infuriating.

What the hell is the plan? If it ends up being DQ I will be utterly disgusted.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I will be happy if it's not DQ. I'm glad they are taking their time but disappointed a lot of guys we didn't even consider interviewing

CactusJack

Reaction score
Logic says MacDonald, Quinn, Evero & Graham. Those appear to be the four finalists.

Ben Johnson is taking the Washington job. It's no secret. There's also been no mention of a 2nd interview with Slowik or the Miami OC. The only OC to get one so far is Mike Kafka. Which leads me to believe that they want someone with a defensive background.

They probably still want to talk with MacDonald. That's been the holdup. Quinn, Evero & Graham all got 2nd interviews.

NoGain

Reaction score
They are on their schedule. Not ours.
This.

Best guess is there is a prime candidate or two they haven't been able to interview yet to complete their process. I like the fact they are being deliberate and fairly quiet in the process. They probably have a couple of candidates they are set upon until proven otherwise, and they obviously haven't felt the need to jump as of yet for their own good reasons.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Would you be happier if they televised every interview, every phone call, every meeting and conversation surrounding the coaching search?
It’s John Schneiders job. Not yours. Not mine. Not random impatient fans.
Good god, man. Trust the process. It’s not like ordering a Big Mac off the menu. Due diligence.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Would you be happier if they televised every interview, every phone call, every meeting and conversation surrounding the coaching search?
It’s John Schneiders job. Not yours. Not mine. Not random impatient fans.
Good god, man. Trust the process. It’s not like ordering a Big Mac off the menu. Due diligence.
It's the nature of Fandom to talk about stuff like this. I simply wish they'd considered more people

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I have no issues with them waiting to interview all the candidates. I do have a small concern that the possible OCs and DCs out there are getting snapped up. DQ would absolutely be an uninspiring hire.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
They are on their schedule. Not ours.
The impatience and closed mindedness of of some here is curious. For me I'd rather they got the decision right and the guys for the staff that JS wants here so the rocks thrown at him regardless of the choice are fewer. Thankfull there is no rush here and it'd seem that there are a few candidates still unable to be met with as yet.

Unlike NE who also had a long time HCand OA controller the team is taking it's time in choosing the guys they want here as JS is now in charge and he will need to be able to easily work with the new coach. JS has a vision of what he wants here for a coaching staff and meeting and talking with those candidates patiently allows a careful decision to be made. The new coach will bring a new approach within a culture that has proven to be a successful culture since 2009

NoGain

Reaction score
And besides, who are we competing with now for any potential HCing hires? The Commanders and who else? I think we're in a great spot to not rush it and get it right.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Seahawks Fans' List of Qualifications for Head Coach:

1. Was not on the team in December.
DQ would be qualified then?

My personal wants are First Time Head Coach that has been a successful OC. That's about it.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I have no issues with them waiting to interview all the candidates. I do have a small concern that the possible OCs and DCs out there are getting snapped up. DQ would absolutely be an uninspiring hire.
The impatience and closed mindedness of of some here is curious. For me I'd rather they got the decision right and the guys for the staff that JS wants here so the rocks thrown at him regardless of the choice are fewer. Thankfull there is no rush here and it'd seem that there are a few candidates still unable to be met with as yet.

Unlike NE who also had a long time HCand OA controller the team is taking it's time in choosing the guys they want here as JS is now in charge and he will need to be able to easily work with the new coach. JS has a vision of what he wants here for a coaching staff and meeting and talking with those candidates patiently allows a careful decision to be made. The new coach will bring a new approach within a culture that has proven to be a successful culture since 2009
As Jayhawk said I have no issues with them taking their time. In fact that's optimal. What concerns me is they let everyone else get their guys first, some of whom they didn't even consider.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
95% of fans seem to be assuming we are waiting to at least strongly consider Macdonald and Johnson at this point but without any tangible connection it has me worried. Are we wrong to be assuming this/any dark horse guys we could be waiting for instead?

Seattle Person

Reaction score
As Jayhawk said I have no issues with them taking their time. In fact that's optimal. What concerns me is they let everyone else get their guys first, some of whom they didn't even consider.

Which one of those did you want for the Seahawks job?

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Which one of those did you want for the Seahawks job?
Obviously I would have liked to see interest in Harbaugh. They didn't show any interest in Canales either. It's just interesting to me the urgency other teams are showing and none from the Seahawks. Makes me think it will go to DQ which is just lazy in my opinion

Latest posts