What is the plan?

Ozzy

Reaction score
He’s a “defensive head coach”, and that’s been the worst part of this team since the SB era despite all the resources thrown at it. This year’s innovation was having Clint Hurtt up in the box. This wasn’t going to get better.

That’s sort of my point. People who thought it was time for a change are being told we don’t respect Pete, there is no way it can get better, we don’t know football etc and it just gets old. Pete is the best coach in franchise history AND it got stale. Both can be true.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm still terrified of Quinn. Every time I start to think that it's down to either MacDonald or Johnson, I see something from some "insider" knucklehead stating that they think Quinn is still the front runner. The 12s are going to riot if this happens.
Well, this 12 won't be rioting. I'll give him my full and complete support until he proves that he's not worthy of it. Same goes for anyone else we hire, any draft pick we select, any free agent we sign. My default is that I support all Seahawks.

Having said that, I want a clean break from the past. I'll be very disappointed if they hire Dan Quinn.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Well, this 12 won't be rioting. I'll give him my full and complete support until he proves that he's not worthy of it. Same goes for anyone else we hire, any draft pick we select, any free agent we sign. My default is that I support all Seahawks.

Having said that, I want a clean break from the past. I'll be very disappointed if they hire Dan Quinn.

Agreed. I will be a little bummed initially but will obviously give it a chance. Probably my least favorite choice given the options but he’s a good dude who I’ll be rooting for if it plays out that way.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s fair to think it’s ridiculous the last three years combined with the fact that we weren’t heading the right direction in key areas after a ton of resources invested. You’re adding Russ years to make your argument stronger. I get people love Pete and for a lot of reasons I do too but it’s entirely ok to think a new coach can make this team better and/or head in a positive direction moving forward.

Geno regressed this year, defense regressed this year and has been bad for YEARS. The cap situation isn’t good, the roster is ok, Pete said he just needed to coach it better when pinned on it and I could go on and on.

Again it’s ok if you wanted to keep Pete for another year or two even if I think that’s baffling, and it’s ok for me, Fade or whoever else to want a change even if you think that’s baffling. We gotta quit remind each other every time and just agree to disagree.
With all due respect, did you mean to respond to me? Because this... does not make a lot of sense as a reply to my post.

I am replying to a statement that says that "any guy they hire at this point is an upgrade over what they've had for the last 7 years."

I'm not adding the Russ years! They were included in the claim I'm replying to!

Originally, and you can verify this as a mod, my post mentioned the last two years only, which is just as valid of a point. I edited the post to include all 7 years for a better, more fair representation of the rebuttal, which added the two losing seasons to my post.

Almost everything you said has *nothing* to do with anything I said in the post you're replying to. I didn't say anything about it being "baffling" to want to move on. That is a totally unfair extrapolation that has nothing to do with my point, which is that yes, it CAN get worse than it's been for the past 7 years.

This is not opinion, this is fact. It does get worse than above .500 football.

I am not a fan of the several implications you made in your reply, and would like for my words to be taken at face value and for my actual points to be responded to. I even afforded Fade that respect when I replied to the *exact* thing he said with an *exact* rebuttal that doesn't harp on a bunch of stuff that I THINK he means.

I'm fine to have nuanced discussions. I do it all the time. But that reply is bullshit, man. Just like the one I originally responded to. The Pete stuff happened and is done. I'm not talking about Pete. I'm talking about the future. You're dragging way, way too much into this.

Ozzy

Reaction score
With all due respect, did you mean to respond to me? Because this... does not make a lot of sense as a reply to my post.

I am replying to a statement that says that "any guy they hire at this point is an upgrade over what they've had for the last 7 years."

Originally, and you can verify this as a mod, my post mentioned the last two years only, which is just as valid of a point. I edited the post to include all 7 years for a better, more fair representation of the rebuttal, which added the two losing seasons to my post.

Almost everything you said has *nothing* to do with anything I said in the post you're replying to. I didn't say anything about it being "baffling" to want to move on. That is a totally unfair extrapolation that has nothing to do with my point, which is that yes, it CAN get worse than it's been for the past 7 years.

I am not a fan of the several implications you made in your reply, and would like for my words to be taken at face value and for my actual points to be responded to. I even afforded Fade that respect when I replied to the *exact* thing he said with an *exact* rebuttal that doesn't harp on a bunch of stuff that I THINK he means.

I'm fine to have nuanced discussions. I do it all the time. But that reply is bullshit, man. Just like the one I originally responded to. The Pete stuff happened and is done. I'm not talking about Pete. I'm talking about the future. You're dragging way, way too much into this.

I was replying to everyone and didn’t mean to single yours out. I’m just tired of the two sides arguing over Pete. I got tired of all the Wilson bashing too and don’t want another year of the same stuff. I wish everyone would move on and just enjoy where we’re headed. I’m guilty of this too at times.

bigcc

Reaction score
95% of fans seem to be assuming we are waiting to at least strongly consider Macdonald and Johnson at this point but without any tangible connection it has me worried. Are we wrong to be assuming this/any dark horse guys we could be waiting for instead?
Yes.

Who else would they be waiting for? It's literally just the 4 teams left and to my knowledge none of the other assistants have been remotely linked to any team at all, let alone us.

bigcc

Reaction score

I fully agree with you, and any fan who doesn't agree with the first part is an idiot.

Only time I'll root against the seahawks is after eliminated from the playoffs (draft slotting), and I'll still obviously root for strong individual performances even then

As for Dan Quinn, I have no doubt he'd be a "decent" choice. Small worry of downside, but very little upside, he's not going to win less than 7, but unlikely to ever win more than 10 here.

bigcc

Reaction score
I was replying to everyone and didn’t mean to single yours out. I’m just tired of the two sides arguing over Pete. I got tired of all the Wilson bashing too and don’t want another year of the same stuff. I wish everyone would move on and just enjoy where we’re headed. I’m guilty of this too at times.

Personally, russ has had quite the slice of humble pie for the sour taste he left with how it ended here, and seeing how we no longer have draft picks tied to his success/failure, I would assume that people start to remember him more fondly than the last two years.

Similar to how it went with sherman in a way

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So now both Johnson and McDonald are available. Even if one of them is the chosen candidate the Nellies will complain About the choice wanting the other, if if it’s neither I can’t imagine the negativity.

Silly season is soon upon us, and the draft will soon be here to complain about too.

Some folks can’t ever be happy.

it will be an interesting week.

Ozzy

Reaction score
So now both Johnson and McDonald are available. Even if one of them is the chosen candidate the Nellies will complain About the choice wanting the other, if if it’s neither I can’t imagine the negativity.

Silly season is soon upon us, and the draft will soon be here to complain about too.

Makes it fun though. We’re all doing this to escape the business of life. I’m fully on board with either even if Johnson is my favorite. Debating this stuff as long as it doesn’t get too serious is all good

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No worries, in fact I agree and either would be a good choice.

For me I agree with Holmgren so Ben Johnson would be my choice. His DC would be a critical hire for sure, as would be the OC forMcDonald.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score

He gets extra "mod" points added to his posts. It let's you post stuff like that, then pretend you're not being antagonistic

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Right on cue

Ozzy

Reaction score
He gets extra "mod" points added to his posts. It let's you post stuff like that, then pretend you're not being antagonistic

That’s why I said me too…I was absolutely being antagonistic and have been at times. Try again

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score

I'll take either and won't complain. I still prefer Johnson but if it's not DQ I'll be happy

Latest posts