What in the holy hell happened?

cymatica

Reaction score
Well.. can't say I disagree with passing the ball long when Lock was in. I would have tried to Establish the run there, and maybe some short passing to get Lock in rhythm... but ya know it's so easy to second guess in hind sight ... if JSN turns around sooner to see that long pass up the seam that's a TD. It's just another example of a young players not being consistant because of lack of experience. If that was Lockett or Metcalf that's a TD all day.

If Myers hits the FG we are having a completely different conversation.

LTH
That's not hindsight, as soon as Lock came in and launched it downfield I was shaking my head and I wasn't alone. If JSN turns around, yeah maybe he catches it for a TD or maybe it's just out of reach, bottom line is it was not smart to have your ice cold backup launching passes downfield. They could have gone TE heavy and created mismatches on the linebackers for some easier throws, but then again Waldron.

morgulon1

Reaction score
A number of things compiled and snowballed into the result we ultimately saw last night. I'll try to express a few of the things I thought were the biggest contributing factors:

1. Geno's injury. We were up 16-7 when he got knocked out of the game and never scored another point. Of course when he did return he promptly led us straight into field goal range. As bad as the offense was, it was unquestionably better when he was on the field. Another first down or two (we got ZERO with Lock) and the outcome is probably different.

2. The O-Line. This is the root cause behind Geno's injury and in my opinion the teams problem right now. They have a 42 year old in there. The line is beaten up and the QBs are getting no time at all. It's very hard to play well and convert 3rd downs when you have no time in the pocket.

3. Officiating. The officials gave the Rams 4 points plain and simple. The Seahawks won this game if it wasn't stolen by the refs. Yes they played terribly but the truth is they still deserved to win. The refs called PI on the Seahawks on 3rd down when a Rams player tripped. It was the difference in the game, it was atrocious, and it was theft.

4. Clock management. Clock management was bad at the end of the half and the end of the game. At the end of the half we could have had the ball with a minute left and a chance to drive and get vital points. Instead Pete didn't call timeout and took a knee. At the end of the game we would have liked to try and get closer for Meyers. Apparently the mess up was on Geno's headset not working instead of coaching, but regardless, someone dropped the ball. We should have handled it better.

5. KW injury. This is one is the one people are forgetting. The running game petered out after he left the game.
What makes you think Geno Smith was going to score points ? Yeah he moved the ball to the edge of field goal range , the headset malfunctioned and he panicked and called a dive up the middle.

1 touchdown. 3 field goals in 3 1/2 quarters .

KWIII going out early was a big deal and apparently something Waldron wasn't thinking about going into the game .

I'm so over Pete Carroll quasi good teams with no discipline, poor game planning, management . Excuses.
Give Schneider full control, he'll bring in
Captain Thunder cock, set them boys right.

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
It's games like this that have me looking at what Demeco Ryans, HC of the Texans, is doing down there in Houston. His QB gave up 3 interceptions and still that young team found a way to win. Arizona isn't a push over team with Murray back.

How is it a Rookie HC, Rookie OC, and a Rookie QB still find a way to win, but our "Oldest HC in the NFL" can't get his young team firing on all cylinders?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
What makes you think Geno Smith was going to score points ? Yeah he moved the ball to the edge of field goal range , the headset malfunctioned and he panicked and called a dive up the middle.

1 touchdown. 3 field goals in 3 1/2 quarters .

KWIII going out early was a big deal and apparently something Waldron wasn't thinking about going into the game .

I'm so over Pete Carroll quasi good teams with no discipline, poor game planning, management . Excuses.
Give Schneider full control, he'll bring in
Captain Thunder cock, set them boys right.
Geno drove the ball down to a winnable field goal and you complain?

I want to smash my head into concrete reading some of these takes.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I listen to the post pressers by Carroll immediately after the game and then the next one the next day and the ones in which Seattle loses in which they believe “they should have” won, all have this in common, they think what they do collectively, as a team, players and coaches included, is “always enough.”

Even Carroll, probably, saving his own ass, every time thinks how the team and coaches prepare is always enough…especially with these losses to McVay, Carroll, can never admit, they lose and are ill prepared in schemes and coaching too.
It’s pretty comical now.

Carroll, will talk frustrated and look upset, but, the man, hasn’t learned anything against losing to McVay all these years….

It’s beyond undeniable now.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Refs, dumb penalites, and Geno's injury

I don't think the o line is great, but it's not as awful as many make it out to be.

No excuse for blowing a 9 point lead to a sub .500 team. I can accept losing to the good Lambs. I won't accept losing to bad Ram teams. It's ridiculous. It might cost this team the playoffs.
"Refs, dumb Penalties. and Geno's injury"
>YES<.
O-Line ' NON-Pass Blocking Schemes' didn't take Aaron Donald seriously, AGAIN, and A DIRTY PLAY (slap to the helmet) was ignored.
A chickenshit 'Pass Interference call' by the CORRUPT REFFEREES on Devon Witherspoon to GIVE THE Gotdamned RAMS A TD, which coincidentally gave them 7 UNEARNED POINTS!!!!!!!!
At THIS LEVEL >>>>Shitty officiating is >>UNEXCUSEABLE<<

Xxx

Reaction score
I’m sitting here listening to Pete talk about the 15 or 16 plays on the script at the beginning of the game. The reporter asked how many plays are on the script? And Pete said I don’t know 15 or 16 maybe and then the reporter asked why is it a State secret how many plays are in the script? And Pete answered why would we want anyone to know when we were off script? I don’t think it is a big secret when they’re off script, just watch geno, and when he starts sucking, then you know they’re off script.
I knew geno looked good at the beginning of the game because he’s following a script and when the script runs out, so does Geno’s Sweet play. I also think Geno is the benefit of some pretty awesome wide receivers, especially Tyler Lockett he makes catches sometimes that make Gino look good and that big bomb to DK at the beginning of the game he just out ran that guy. All Geno had to do was throw it as far as he could. And the play down the seem to JSN, sure Jsn didn’t look for the ball, but Geno could see that he wasn’t looking. I could see it on the TV. He was not even close to looking when Geno threw that ball. I don’t know. There’s no Geno taking the game into his hands and getting it done. Him being able to get us in the field-goal range in the last few seconds I think was a product of the fact that the Rams suck. We’ll see on Thursday if our season is over or not but it’s going to be the hardest game of the year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like Pete, but listening to him is just boring these days. Shoulda, woulda, coulda over and over again. Making excuses for bad play, over and over again.
I appreciate the he has his players' backs, but geez man.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I’m sitting here listening to Pete talk about the 15 or 16 plays on the script at the beginning of the game. The reporter asked how many plays are on the script? And Pete said I don’t know 15 or 16 maybe and then the reporter asked why is it a State secret how many plays are in the script? And Pete answered why would we want anyone to know when we were off script? I don’t think it is a big secret when they’re off script, just watch geno, and when he starts sucking, then you know they’re off script.
I knew geno looked good at the beginning of the game because he’s following a script and when the script runs out, so does Geno’s Sweet play. I also think Geno is the benefit of some pretty awesome wide receivers, especially Tyler Lockett he makes catches sometimes that make Gino look good and that big bomb to DK at the beginning of the game he just out ran that guy. All Geno had to do was throw it as far as he could. And the play down the seem to JSN, sure Jsn didn’t look for the ball, but Geno could see that he wasn’t looking. I could see it on the TV. He was not even close to looking when Geno threw that ball. I don’t know. There’s no Geno taking the game into his hands and getting it done. Him being able to get us in the field-goal range in the last few seconds I think was a product of the fact that the Rams suck. We’ll see on Thursday if our season is over or not but it’s going to be the hardest game of the year.
Geno wasn't even the QB on that seam pass to JSN. 🤣🤣🤣

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Not trying to argue Sonic, but they absolutely were bad for much of the game. Good start, then drive after drive of nothing.
All 3 drives in the first half were scoring drives.

Prior to lock taking over, 4/6 drives scored points.

I mean, we had some untimely offensive flags, some bad oline play that led to sacks/intentional grounding etc, but... bad for much of the game? Come on man.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not denying that they STARTED strong. But that's just plain not good enough. SEVERAL drives of squat after that.
I realize that criticizing Geno is looked down upon, but I need more than a good quarter or so from the QB. Don't you want more consistency? Or do you want to make excuses?

In fact, never mind. It's like clapping with one hand just talking QB play on here.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm not denying that they STARTED strong. But that's just plain not good enough. SEVERAL drives of squat after that.
I realize that criticizing Geno is looked down upon, but I need more than a good quarter or so from the QB. Don't you want more consistency? Or do you want to make excuses?

In fact, never mind. It's like clapping with one hand just talking QB play on here.
Geno had two punt drives in the entire game. This wasn't the Cleveland game where he was bad for 3 quarters.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Waldron's plan is good for the script, then garbage after that runs dry.