WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT!!--Monday Night weather

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I'm going to guess that Guido ignoring how ANFLS and FO rate the Saints defense is either willful blindness, or worse yet, anti-intellectualism. It's okay, Guido. Cognitive dissonance is a pain; I get it.

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Brees's arm will, in this weather, devolve to a fallacious nullity.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Polaris":2agc021d said:
It will be under 40 degrees and 80% chance of rain. Brees is 2-6 under such conditions.

Wrong. The chance of rain has been downgraded from 20% at game time down to now ZERO PERCENT. The game time temperature is now at 39 instead of the original 36. It is getting better all the time. Max wind speed throughout the game is now only 4 mph.

Check weather.com if you don't believe me. As I said, weather is a total non-factor.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":100lgi96 said:
I'm going to guess that Guido ignoring how ANFLS and FO rate the Saints defense is either willful blindness, or worse yet, anti-intellectualism. It's okay, Guido. Cognitive dissonance is a pain; I get it.

Football is played on the gridiron with sweat and blood, not on the spreadsheet. I work as an analyst and have a degree in accounting, but after over 50 years of following the NFL I know only to believe what you see on the field the day of the game.

Polaris

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":173afn0o said:
Polaris":173afn0o said:
It will be under 40 degrees and 80% chance of rain. Brees is 2-6 under such conditions.

Wrong. The chance of rain has been downgraded from 20% at game time down to now ZERO PERCENT. The game time temperature is now at 39 instead of the original 36. It is getting better all the time. Max wind speed throughout the game is now only 4 mph.

Check weather.com if you don't believe me. As I said, weather is a total non-factor.

Last time I checked, 39 is still less than 40, and Brees is 2-6 when the temperature is less than 40. That's a simple fact.

Edit PS: I also know that weather can change in minutes in the Puget Sound/Olympic Penn area.

I also think that it won't matter. The Saints are plenty good, and I think they can win. I do not think they will, however. Not in Seattle. If the game were in New Orleans I might feel differently.

Polaris

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":ek52esf4 said:
MidwestHawker":ek52esf4 said:

Football is played on the gridiron with sweat and blood, not on the spreadsheet. I work as an analyst and have a degree in accounting, but after over 50 years of following the NFL I know only to believe what you see on the field the day of the game.

DVOA is a very good measure of the results of that sweat and blood, and the statistics show what we've been saying. The Saints have a good but not elite defense.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Polaris":1wopgqgv said:
AsylumGuido":1wopgqgv said:
MidwestHawker":1wopgqgv said:

DVOA is a very good measure of the results of that sweat and blood, and the statistics show what we've been saying. The Saints have a good but not elite defense.

They do not need an elite defense to win. The Saints defense was only ranked 25th when they won the Super Bowl.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Polaris":1c17cciw said:
AsylumGuido":1c17cciw said:
Polaris":1c17cciw said:

Last time I checked, 39 is still less than 40, and Brees is 2-6 when the temperature is less than 40. That's a simple fact.

Edit PS: I also know that weather can change in minutes in the Puget Sound/Olympic Penn area.

I also think that it won't matter. The Saints are plenty good, and I think they can win. I do not think they will, however. Not in Seattle. If the game were in New Orleans I might feel differently.

Has it occurred to you that it was not the temperature that may have caused supposed struggles, but wind and/or rain that accompanied? I have heard over and over again from players that cold (and mid-30's isn't cold) does not affect play, but wind can have a very real affect.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Meh. A little wind and rain would be nice, but we don't need it to take care of the Saints. Marshawn's going to do that... as usual. Saints run defense is going to be exposed tonight. Going to hear lots about Marshawn running for another Seahawks... FIRST! DOWN! :)

Polaris

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":37dwcc4t said:
Polaris":37dwcc4t said:
AsylumGuido":37dwcc4t said:
MidwestHawker":37dwcc4t said:

They do not need an elite defense to win. The Saints defense was only ranked 25th when they won the Super Bowl.

That depends on who you have to face and where. Defense and Running Offense travels much better than the passing game. I point out that the Saints have struggled mightly against the Niners, and Seattle is better than the Niners.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Polaris":d4jj40uw said:
That depends on who you have to face and where. Defense and Running Offense travels much better than the passing game. I point out that the Saints have struggled mightly against the Niners, and Seattle is WAY better than the Niners.

FIFY

Hawks46

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":34rzy1jd said:
plyka":34rzy1jd said:
AsylumGuido":34rzy1jd said:
Lords of Scythia":34rzy1jd said:
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022350072_coldweathexml.html

It's gonna be crappy and cold, with a chance of SNOW for the Saints in the Clink on MNF. Dome team from the south gonna get reamed by the weather as well as the 12th Man while Wilson gets to work.

Am I sensing the need for adverse weather to ease the minds of my friends here? I understand that you believe you are out-manned and out-coached, but why would you feel that would be of much of an advantage at all, as much as you clearly feel you need such?

Are you going to come back around after the Monday Night game? Let's get an answer right now, put it on the line, will you come back Tuesday regardless of who won?

The reason I ask is because I have rarely been more convinced of a Seahawk win than this Monday night. I believe the Saints are the MOST OVERRATED TEAM in football. And I think the Seahawks will walk all over the Saints --blowout. I'm guessing something along the lines of a 40-17 win with Tarvaris playing the 4th Quarter.

Oh, don't you worry. I will be here. Although, it may be a while before I check in because I hate to look like I am "rubbing it in" after a Saints win. Win or not I will be here Monday night.

Go ahead, rub it in. After all the abuse you've taken the last few days, I wouldn't hold it against you. If you're expected to come here and eat crow, then I would expect you to come in and celebrate on us. Anything else would be hypocritical.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Hawks46":r1vka3gf said:
Go ahead, rub it in. After all the abuse you've taken the last few days, I wouldn't hold it against you. If you're expected to come here and eat crow, then I would expect you to come in and celebrate on us. Anything else would be hypocritical.

No. I have always refrained from revisiting an opponent's board too soon after a Saints win. I have far thicker skin than most. It comes with age. Don't get me wrong, win or lose I'll be here right away, but I have learned it is better to wait until emotions subside a bit before saying anything.

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The weather's turning on you, Guido. AND CARRION BIRDS ARE CIRCLING CENTURYLINK.

cajunhawk

Reaction score
That sound you hear is the Saints fan jumping off the bandwagon...

OrFan

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":lq5327h6 said:
Hawks46":lq5327h6 said:

No. I have always refrained from revisiting an opponent's board too soon after a Saints win. I have far thicker skin than most. It comes with age. Don't get me wrong, win or lose I'll be here right away, but I have learned it is better to wait until emotions subside a bit before saying anything.

Apparently he is still waiting.

253hawk

Reaction score
So are the Saints.

@AmberTheoharis 36m
Night got worse for the @Saints. Source inside locker room just told me team plane may be broke down, and having trouble finding hotel.

LOL

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I like this cold front with possible snow--this mess could be with us through the playoffs. What hath God wrought indeed?
P.S. So long, Guido.