WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT!!--Monday Night weather

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Now you're projecting, son. You are screaming FEAR.
P.S. So when you throwin them po-boys on the grill?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
AsylumGuido":36lmnto1 said:
Lords of Scythia":36lmnto1 said:
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022370788_weatherforecastxml.html

Now it's looking like frigid temperatures and at least a few snow flurries come game time. Brees is gonna freeze his twat off out there and set a record for pick-sixes.

Sounds to me like you are reaching for anything to comfort your fears. Why not just pin your hopes upon your teams talents (those not suspended or injured) instead of begging for an act of god to help?

I think the fans here just want Brees to be fully exposed as a fraud when he isn't playing in an air-conditioned dome more than anything. It's not that we need inclement weather, but it would make Brees faltering all the more funny.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Take the smack talk to the shack boys, you're getting a bit to chippy. And Guido, you're a very respected poster around here so I'll go easy on you, but you should know that it's a fact your team and your pro-bowl QB play better indoors (especially in the home dome) so it's not about trusting our team to beat you, but more about gaining any advantage you can and bad weather would do that (IMO).

Here's to a great game with no injuries and minimal tears shed by you and your fellow fans after a sound beating.

CANHawk

Reaction score
No talking shit about Guido. He might cheer for a different team, but he's an honorary dotnetter in my book.

That being said, I don't see nola winning this one. I think that defense is a total paper tiger and marshawn is going to shred it. Their offense is legit of course, but it doesn't travel well.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":8ck3zpi1 said:
Now you're projecting, son. You are screaming FEAR.
P.S. So when you throwin them po-boys on the grill?

My gawd! You have no clue. Poboys and grills have nothing in common. You obviously need educating.

:roll:

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":aqyzk626 said:
AsylumGuido":aqyzk626 said:
Lords of Scythia":aqyzk626 said:

Now it's looking like frigid temperatures and at least a few snow flurries come game time. Brees is gonna freeze his twat off out there and set a record for pick-sixes.

Sounds to me like you are reaching for anything to comfort your fears. Why not just pin your hopes upon your teams talents (those not suspended or injured) instead of begging for an act of god to help?

I think the fans here just want Brees to be fully exposed as a fraud when he isn't playing in an air-conditioned dome more than anything. It's not that we need inclement weather, but it would make Brees faltering all the more funny.

Well, they are going to be disappointed.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
CANHawk":63mnna0t said:
No talking shit about Guido. He might cheer for a different team, but he's an honorary dotnetter in my book.

That being said, I don't see nola winning this one. I think that defense is a total paper tiger and marshawn is going to shred it. Their offense is legit of course, but it doesn't travel well.

Thanks for the props, old friend, but the defense is FAR from a paper tiger. This is clearly the biggest game of the year for the Saints and do not doubt that both sides of the ball are coming in at their best.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":1xbk9xuh said:
Thanks for the props, old friend, but the defense is FAR from a paper tiger.

Maybe, but it's NOT top 5. Despite what the yardage and points allowed metrics say at present.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
AsylumGuido":1grltjjj said:
Smelly McUgly":1grltjjj said:
AsylumGuido":1grltjjj said:
Lords of Scythia":1grltjjj said:

Somehow, I doubt that, but what I like about Saints fans is that they stay hopeful.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2i6l1xpy said:
AsylumGuido":2i6l1xpy said:

Maybe, but it's NOT top 5. Despite what the yardage and points allowed metrics say at present.

That is your desperate hope. After eleven weeks of proof one more week will just solidify it that much more.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2thtpdqj said:
AsylumGuido":2thtpdqj said:

Correct. 11th defensively in ANFLS efficiency, 12th defensively in FO DVOA.

I realize that Guido has tried to laugh off DVOA as somehow irrelevant in another thread, but...well, no point in really engaging with people who shun advanced metrics. I'll add though that ANFLS efficiency has Saints at #1 overall in the league and DVOA has the Saints at #4, so they're not somehow trying to act like the Saints aren't a great team. Their defense just is what it is.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":2mezo9vp said:
That is your desperate hope. After eleven weeks of proof one more week will just solidify it that much more.
No, it's what Football Outsiders says. You're ranked 12th in defense right now according to them. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Now tell us why they're full of it and they don't know what they're talking about. :roll:

cajunhawk

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":4b8lfzz9 said:
Smelly McUgly":4b8lfzz9 said:
AsylumGuido":4b8lfzz9 said:

Somehow, I doubt that, but what I like about Saints fans is that they stay hopeful.

Not hopeful at all. I am really feeling pretty confident.

J-E-T-S...JETS JETS JETS!!! Brees is a different QB in the elements. He requires an Arena League approved indoor stadium for his noodle arm to excel. That and NFL refs to not call holding on his o-line.

cajunhawk

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":u5my2mm1 said:
RolandDeschain":u5my2mm1 said:
AsylumGuido":u5my2mm1 said:

Please tell me what super offenses has the Saints defense neutralized in the past 11 weeks? And if you say Dallas...you have just answered my question.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
cajunhawk":fubas93s said:
AsylumGuido":fubas93s said:
Smelly McUgly":fubas93s said:
AsylumGuido":fubas93s said:

Not hopeful at all. I am really feeling pretty confident.

J-E-T-S...JETS JETS JETS!!! Brees is a different QB in the elements. He requires an Arena League approved indoor stadium for his noodle arm to excel. That and NFL refs to not call holding on his o-line.

And what are these "elements" that you are pinning your hopes to? That so-called noodle arm managed 382 passing against the Jets and that was without Colston and Sproles who on his first play from scrimmage. It was also without Roman Harper on defense. The wind was a factor (14 mph at game time) unlike what will be seen tonight. The forecast is showing no more than a slight breeze of 4-5 mph throughout the period of the game. It appears it will be perfect football weather tonight.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
cajunhawk":1qelleat said:
AsylumGuido":1qelleat said:
RolandDeschain":1qelleat said:
AsylumGuido":1qelleat said:

Please tell me what super offenses has the Saints defense neutralized in the past 11 weeks? And if you say Dallas...you have just answered my question.

All of them.

Polaris

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":3l88ahm6 said:
cajunhawk":3l88ahm6 said:

All of them.

The NY Jets would beg to differ esp Chris Ivory. The Saints defense is good this year but not elite. See Football Outsiders.

Polaris

Reaction score
It will be under 40 degrees and 80% chance of rain. Brees is 2-6 under such conditions.