Six Things I Think I Think About the Hawks at Season's Half

rideaducati

Reaction score
I still think the Seahawks are going to win the division at 11-5 and get the third seed. The O-line is improving every week and Russell is showing signs that he actually CAN get rid of the ball on time.

I believe.

marko358

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3pz4kiv2 said:
when we get to the playoffs all we have to do is score more than we give up.

Pretty good take on things. I hope Pete is looking at this strategy. 8)

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1hsssa9q said:
This whole thread feels like that Doctor Pepper commercial where the fan is in the stands trying to convince himself that the team is still going to win it all and the soft drink sales guy is just trying to talk him down but confused as to why he even believes what was on the field points at all to championship football.

Nobody's making you post in it.

Consider that it's one board for optimists and pessimists alike.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well it would make my holidays to see you be right.

So let's hope you are.

AVL

Reaction score
So Wilson is the only quarterback making good money who throws inaccurate interceptions rather than only throwaways and dropped balls.

Hilarious.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Anyone good with finding stats? I'm not. I'd like to see this one...

How many offensive series have we had against our opponents each game this year?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We've shown we can hang with the top teams in the NFC already this year. All we have to do is make the playoffs. We're going to be a very dangerous team in January.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point AVL. It's ok for other QB's to throw bad passes and/or interceptions. But if Wilson does it, he sucks :?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":kh8yzyrx said:
Uncle Si":kh8yzyrx said:
MontanaHawk05":kh8yzyrx said:
Good teams hang, great teams finish. That's how we've won both NFC championships under Pete. Now we're on the other side of the finishing and our record is indeed going to punish us for it. But hopefully, it does not need to be a death sentence. Still a lot of football to play.

Well, we were 4-4 in 2012 and 3-3 in 2014..

But in 2014, our four losses came against two AFC teams (less damaging for tiebreakers) and one NFC powerhouse (the Cowboys). This year it's against only one, and two of our losses have come against teams who will be hanging around for tiebreakers in January.

We also have a game left with one of those teams (Rams) and a game with the other wild card chaser (Vikings). I don't think the Packers loss will play a role, unless they start tanking.

My point was that in 2 of the last 3 years we have started slow, finished strong and had good seasons. As you suggested....

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3q819fyt said:
Good point AVL. It's ok for other QB's to throw bad passes and/or interceptions. But if Wilson does it, he sucks :?

I think all quarterbacks are criticized when they throw bad passes and interceptions.

Some elite level QB's, like Rodgers and Brady get a few before too many boos rain down because they have a long history of dominance at the position.

Other QB's have a shorter leash.

On the flipside of course, we have a large contingent of fans who will refuse to criticize Wilson AT ALL regardless of what he does..... so there's that... 8)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. He can play better, but gets way too much criticism, especially behind that o-line. And the ridiculous play calling. Was happy to see him get rid of a ball a little quicker this week. That was a huge difference.
But that 17 play drive to win it, it's what you expect from him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't agree that Pete is completely conservative or vanilla on offense though his overall philosophy is certainly going to be more so than a guy like Chip. He's a defensive coach after all. I also don't agree that he just ignore's a player's weakness. He will scheme around it and emphasize what a guy is good at. But that doesn't mean he disregards the areas where someone needs work. That player will be expected to keep trying to improve.

Overall, great post.

Rob12

Reaction score
seedhawk":256r4oq3 said:
The fact that we are at -1 in turnover ratio might have something to do with our record. For the past 3 years we were among the best. So far this year, 19th. That is a lot of short fields our O is not getting the chance to take advantage of this year.

We're 4-1 this season when we lose the turnover battle.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":q44d7n5i said:
seedhawk":q44d7n5i said:
The fact that we are at -1 in turnover ratio might have something to do with our record. For the past 3 years we were among the best. So far this year, 19th. That is a lot of short fields our O is not getting the chance to take advantage of this year.

We're 4-1 this season when we lose the turnover battle.

I admit, I didn't state things quite right. We are however -1 in turnover ratio, and perhaps all the teeth knashing over our limited offensive production is the result of not having more short fields.