WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT!!--Monday Night weather

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Hawkwow, its no big deal. it wasn't just you, people in other threads have said that since he played at Wisconsin he's played in snow and in cold weather. I was curious, So I looked into it, went through his whole college career and I was surprised that his coldest game in college was 43 degrees. High school in Virginia, most high school seasons are over in mid nov or late November, yes Virginia gets snow but rarely gets snow before before dec. so to answer your question from the facts I looked up I'll say he's never played an organized game in the snow or even in cold weather--i define cold weather below 20.
It's not really that big of deal, he has big hand, and strong arm and is obviously very mobile so I doubt hell have trouble if we ever play a game in the snow.

sam1313

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1nfwhgps said:
If the weather is adverse, it is a flat out advantage for Seattle. They play their best football at home in crappy weather. They are used to it and their game is not hindered in any way by it.

Ultimately, all that matters to me is Lynch's ability to drag Saints defenders for a 5-6 yard ride when they try to tackle him.

No offense, but I couldn't disagree with this statement much more if I tried. I think our Defense is built on speed aside from 2 of our down linemen, everyone else is built to fly to the ball. And, our worst games the past couple of years have been on slippery/crappy surfaces. Think about the Niner mud bowl last year, the Miami game after the sprinklers came on, the Fed Ex field fiasco, etc.

ON O, think about the jump cuts Beast does, and try to imagine that being very effective in snow.

I think one of the reasons we play so well at home is due to our sweet ass turf. It gives our players good grip that they can use to be even faster than they otherwise are. That is just my 2 cents and it by no means is an indication that I think the weather favors NO. It is just that it certainly does affect our game substantially, and perhaps more than some other teams. In general I think it favors bigger linemen more so than smaller players.

Oh, and everyone focusing on temperature for a cold game is only seeing 1/2 the picture. A 20 mph wind can make a 43 degree game feel a lot colder than a 20 degree day, and it has a greater adverse affect on passing the ball. Just saying….

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Sam1313
I totally agree with the wind factor. It's much worse then snow and cold weather.
The wind at Ohio st on his coldest college game was 1mph.
The wind condition is gonna make the Super Bowl interesting, much more so then cold and snow.

saints2k8

Reaction score
Brees usually plays well no matter what the weather is like. Its been the defense that has let us down in the colder games.

HawkWow

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":8effm404 said:
Hawkwow, its no big deal. it wasn't just you, people in other threads have said that since he played at Wisconsin he's played in snow and in cold weather. I was curious, So I looked into it, went through his whole college career and I was surprised that his coldest game in college was 43 degrees. High school in Virginia, most high school seasons are over in mid nov or late November, yes Virginia gets snow but rarely gets snow before before dec. so to answer your question from the facts I looked up I'll say he's never played an organized game in the snow or even in cold weather--i define cold weather below 20.
It's not really that big of deal, he has big hand, and strong arm and is obviously very mobile so I doubt hell have trouble if we ever play a game in the snow.

Good on you for doing that research. An interesting factoid, at the least. And your comment "I'll say he's never played an organized game in the snow or even in cold weather" tells me we are getting closer to my actual point. That being: whether playing football, walking, running, skiing, skating, etc...Wilson is most likely familiar with slick surfaces and it's likely his brain and feet are on the same
page when he steps onto such a surface. I really look forward to seeing him scramble around on such a surface, ala Tarkenton, sooner than later. I'm confident he will do extremely well and it will be bonus footage for us all. ; )

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
muxpux":2ouulcj2 said:
Largent80":2ouulcj2 said:
We all know about snow predictions in Seattle. I remember 1 year, they were saying up to 18" overnight and not a flake fell.

yes, snow is hard to forecast here, one thing of note, for the north sound folk, is there supposed to be a PCZ setting up which would dump snow in a narrow band in the north sound. (im sure if you live in an affected area you know what the PCZ is.)

basically, the cold is gonna come roaring through sunday night/monday, just as the moisture runs out. well see. its still a ways away.
All of Seattle and surrounding regions gonna be a PCZ come Monday (PC Zone).

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2uob4sz1 said:
Will the cold weather affect noise levels too?
Aren't sounds louder when it's cold? The good folks of Guiness world records will be there.

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":18eb6ffz said:
Lords of Scythia":18eb6ffz said:
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022350072_coldweathexml.html

It's gonna be crappy and cold, with a chance of SNOW for the Saints in the Clink on MNF. Dome team from the south gonna get reamed by the weather as well as the 12th Man while Wilson gets to work.

Am I sensing the need for adverse weather to ease the minds of my friends here? I understand that you believe you are out-manned and out-coached, but why would you feel that would be of much of an advantage at all, as much as you clearly feel you need such?
I smell FEAR.

plyka

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":2vawko64 said:
Lords of Scythia":2vawko64 said:

It's gonna be crappy and cold, with a chance of SNOW for the Saints in the Clink on MNF. Dome team from the south gonna get reamed by the weather as well as the 12th Man while Wilson gets to work.

Am I sensing the need for adverse weather to ease the minds of my friends here? I understand that you believe you are out-manned and out-coached, but why would you feel that would be of much of an advantage at all, as much as you clearly feel you need such?

Are you going to come back around after the Monday Night game? Let's get an answer right now, put it on the line, will you come back Tuesday regardless of who won?

The reason I ask is because I have rarely been more convinced of a Seahawk win than this Monday night. I believe the Saints are the MOST OVERRATED TEAM in football. And I think the Seahawks will walk all over the Saints --blowout. I'm guessing something along the lines of a 40-17 win with Tarvaris playing the 4th Quarter.

253hawk

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2wry02ux said:
Seahwkgal":2wry02ux said:
Will the cold weather affect noise levels too?
Aren't sounds louder when it's cold? The good folks of Guiness world records will be there.

The speed of sound slows down with temperature, but I don't think that directly affects the loudness at all, just the pitch.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
plyka":3kdlxqbr said:
AsylumGuido":3kdlxqbr said:
Lords of Scythia":3kdlxqbr said:

Are you going to come back around after the Monday Night game? Let's get an answer right now, put it on the line, will you come back Tuesday regardless of who won?

The reason I ask is because I have rarely been more convinced of a Seahawk win than this Monday night. I believe the Saints are the MOST OVERRATED TEAM in football. And I think the Seahawks will walk all over the Saints --blowout. I'm guessing something along the lines of a 40-17 win with Tarvaris playing the 4th Quarter.
I'd be quite surprised if Guido doesn't come back Tuesday. He came back after the Beastquake game. That said, I don't know about blowout or the Aints being overrated but I do believe the Hawks win and beat the spread.

muxpux

Reaction score
from Komo 4 talking about getting cold and moisture together for snow:

Also, it appears that the time the two primary elements will be together pretty much coincides with the start of the Seahawks game on Monday night for a national audience. I'm struck by all this because it has happened before when the Hawks played the Green Bay Packers and it snowed. We shall see.

from the NWS:

IT IS TOO EARLY TO TELL AT THIS POINT...BUT MODELS NOW HINT AT THE
POSSIBILITY OF A COUPLE OF INCHES OF SNOW OVER PORTIONS OF THE PUGET
SOUND LOWLANDS AROUND THE MONDAY EVENING COMMUTE TIME...AND POSSIBLY
AROUND THE TIME OF THE MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GAME THAT WILL BE HELD
IN SEATTLE. CONFIDENCE CONCERNING LOWLAND SNOW IS NOT HIGH...BUT
EVERYONE IN THE LOWLANDS SHOULD CLOSELY MONITOR LATEST FORECASTS.

Uffda

Reaction score
Cold surfaces would reflect sound better, though the water or snow will absorb it.

Snow muffles sounds.

plyka

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2huzrctw said:
plyka":2huzrctw said:
AsylumGuido":2huzrctw said:
Lords of Scythia":2huzrctw said:

I'd be quite surprised if Guido doesn't come back Tuesday. He came back after the Beastquake game. That said, I don't know about blowout or the Aints being overrated but I do believe the Hawks win and beat the spread.

I'm not saying it out of bias, the saints are my second or third favorite team in the league. It's just I see there defense allowing a whopping 4.8 yards per rush, with the teams they have gone up against, and on the flip side they game 3.9 yards per rush. They are a one dimensional team, their strength is passing but that happens to be the strength of the hawks. Their defense relies on blitzing from all angles to pressure the QB. I just see them as one of the most overrated teams in the nfl while the hawks may be the most underrated. Las Vegas ALSo has them as a td favorite.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Aros":29luat9x said:
Brees is half the QB he is in a Dome when he's playing outdoors...That's a fact Jack.

This game shouldn't be in any doubt. We are the better team, playing at home in the loudest, most disruptive place to play in the entire NFL.

To say I am worried is a laughable statement.

Sounds to me that the Saints have no chance whatsoever. I am happy that you are not worried. Although, that will likely make the disappointment that much more intense following the game.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
plyka":8a0cgnh1 said:
AsylumGuido":8a0cgnh1 said:
Lords of Scythia":8a0cgnh1 said:

Oh, don't you worry. I will be here. Although, it may be a while before I check in because I hate to look like I am "rubbing it in" after a Saints win. Win or not I will be here Monday night.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3bxd2v1a said:
plyka":3bxd2v1a said:
AsylumGuido":3bxd2v1a said:
Lords of Scythia":3bxd2v1a said:

As another fan since day one I can't help but respect your input.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":251pfa4k said:
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022370788_weatherforecastxml.html

Now it's looking like frigid temperatures and at least a few snow flurries come game time. Brees is gonna freeze his twat off out there and set a record for pick-sixes.

Sounds to me like you are reaching for anything to comfort your fears. Why not just pin your hopes upon your teams talents (those not suspended or injured) instead of begging for an act of god to help?