What generation are you?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I just have to say, every chart, and I mean EVERY CHART, I find online agrees Baby Boomers are from 46-64. The other generations change. But not boomers. It's the most commonly defined.
This right here. ^

My Bachelors degree is in sociology. These generational labels aren’t up for debate. They are actually sociological accepted standards. Also the OP is wrong that those born after 1925 were too young to fight in WWII. My dad was born in 1928 and he was a WWII veteran.

I’m a Boomer

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I am the greatest generation. People born on my birthday, with my name.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Also the OP is wrong that those born after 1925 were too young to fight in WWII. My dad was born in 1928 and he was a WWII veteran.
WW2 was over in late summer 1945. If your dad was born on Jan. 1, 1928, he would have been 17 years old in August of '45. Unless he lied about his age or had parental consent, he wouldn't have been enlisted let alone seen any combat.

My dad was born in 1925 and got in on the tail end of the war, drafted in November of '44, January of '45 before he was done with boot camp, and as such, never saw any combat. That's why I said that generation should naturally end in '25 as that was for all intents and purposes the youngest a person could be and still see extensive combat during the war.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
My cocktail starts around 4 pm, I am in that generation :)

Here, mojito and cosmopolitan, both by yours truly, the lily was by Mrs. superb fragrance.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Every generation is different because everything is different for them while growing up. The economy, technology, parenting norms, hobbies, education, etc.

I mean, yeah, duh lol. People seem to forget this, though.

For the most part, I think people need to listen to their elders. They have seen more. Experienced more. They have seen how generations differ and what time does to us all.

This is why I hate insulting boomers. We should be listening to them. Was it easier for them to afford a house? Sure, but we can name a thousand things that we have better than them that they didn't have the luxury of.
One thing I wish I had 50 years ago is GPS navigation on my vehicle. You guys don’t know what you are missing driving in a strange place at night with a paper road map and your wife arguing about which of us is lost.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
One thing I wish I had 50 years ago is GPS navigation on my vehicle. You guys don’t know what you are missing driving in a strange place at night with a paper road map and your wife arguing about which of us is lost.

Exactly. Not to mention the 10,000 other improvements to safety and convenience of vehicles that younger generations enjoy today that Boomer's did not.

toffee

Reaction score
There are so many old farts that would argue new cars are rubbish, they aren't built like how they built them.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
There are so many old farts that would argue new cars are rubbish, they aren't built like how they built them.
The only thing I can say that about is light bulbs. The old ones lasted longer before the manufacturers decided they could make more money by designing them to burn out faster. Any old fart can tell you that.

GemCity

Reaction score
You’re trying to classify them! Them being they. They being me. Me being I. Penis attached but I can make my underarm look like a vagina.

I prefer MY generation be called…The Eternal Rainbows 🌈 🌈

Thank you.

Gen X btw

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
WW2 was over in late summer 1945. If your dad was born on Jan. 1, 1928, he would have been 17 years old in August of '45. Unless he lied about his age or had parental consent, he wouldn't have been enlisted let alone seen any combat.

My dad was born in 1925 and got in on the tail end of the war, drafted in November of '44, January of '45 before he was done with boot camp, and as such, never saw any combat. That's why I said that generation should naturally end in '25 as that was for all intents and purposes the youngest a person could be and still see extensive combat during the war.
Technically you are correct. The for all intents and purposes of the war ended in 1945, Truman didn’t declare the cessation of hostilities of WWII until December 31, 1946. My dad joined the US Army in 1946 at the age of 18. The US Army claims him as a veteran of WWII.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Technically you are correct. Truman didn’t declare the cessation of hostilities of WWII until December 31, 1946. My dad joined the US Army in 1946 at the age of 18. The US Army claims him as a veteran of WWII.
Kudos to your dad. I hope that you didn't take my comments to be disrespectful of his service, just that he shouldn't be included in "The Greatest Generation" who grew up in the Great Depression only to have to fight in WW2. Even my dad, born in 1925, barely qualifies. There's a distinct border in the 1925 region as far as generational demarcation goes.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Kudos to your dad. I hope that you didn't take my comments to be disrespectful of his service, just that he shouldn't be included in "The Greatest Generation" who grew up in the Great Depression only to have to fight in WW2. Even my dad, born in 1925, barely qualifies. There's a distinct border in the 1925 region as far as generational demarcation goes.
Not at all. Just find these types of things interesting. The little tidbit about 1946 isn’t widely known I suspect.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Technically you are correct. The for all intents and purposes of the war ended in 1945, Truman didn’t declare the cessation of hostilities of WWII until December 31, 1946. My dad joined the US Army in 1946 at the age of 18. The US Army claims him as a veteran of WWII.
Wait. I was born 12/15/46. So does that mean “technically “ I’m not a baby boomer?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not at all. Just find these types of things interesting. The little tidbit about 1946 isn’t widely known I suspect.
You're correct, I didn't know that it took that long for us to declare an end to the hostilities. I do know that there were a lot of Japanese out on Pacific islands who continued to fight for years, not knowing that they had surrendered.

My dad wasn't discharged until 1947, so it's not like they opened the floodgates after the surrender.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I was born yesterday, at least that's what my wife says.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
HS class of “78”, not sure but think I’m a Boomer.

Edit: wait, someone said “boomer” ends in 1960.
That makes me an old Genx.

Boomers were through class of 1982, encapsulating those born in the last boomer year of 1964.