What generation are you?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I can't figure out the poll option for this section, and I have a hunch the vast majority of posters in here are either Millenial or Baby Boomer. Out of curiosity what generation are you (by actual birth year).

Gen Alpha
Gen Z
Zennial
Millennial
Xennial
Gen X
Baby Boomer
The Silent Generation
The Greatest Generation

Msfann

Reaction score
Should just do a poll of age groups. The generation thing just makes it all confusing.

Edit: Looks like I was right after looking at most of the posts after this one.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Should just do a poll of age groups. The generation thing just makes it all confusing.
I agree and disagree. There are some generations that have natural boundaries. The Greatest Generation ends with birthdates in 1925 or '26 as anyone born after that date was too young to serve in WW2 or remember much about growing up during the Depression. The Baby Boomers starts at the end of WW2 with birthdates in 1946 and ends in 1960 as that was the year they introduced "The Pill", ie oral contraceptives, and the birth rate plummeted.

But some of the more recent generations don't have that black-and-white demarcation and can be confusing, like the difference between Gen X and the Millennials. For what it's worth, I'm smack dab in the middle of the Boomers, born in 1954.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Gen X(-Files)

X Files GIF by The X-Files

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm a late in the line "baby boomer".

pmedic920

Reaction score
HS class of “78”, not sure but think I’m a Boomer.

Edit: wait, someone said “boomer” ends in 1960.
That makes me an old Genx.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
For some reason, boomer has always been considered 1946-1964. The rest are all fifteen.
The reason the generation got its name was from returning GI's from WW2, of which included my father, some 13 million men ages 18-35, that started establishing families and pumped out kids. Pent up demand. But by 1960, that phenomena had run its course and the birth rate was in steep decline, not only due to the returning GI phenomena ending, but also the introduction of "the pill", oral contraceptives, in 1960. No more unwanted pregnancies, or at least not as many. Anyone born after 1960 was not subject to the same conditions that produced babies during the post WW2 era in the late 40's and 50's.

So if you ask me, the end of the baby boomer generation should be in 1960 at the latest. The birth rate actually started to decline in 1957. No more boom.

Last edited:

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
My generation grew up during the Cold War Era, and we were the one's that put an end to it.
Now, I tip my hat to President Ronald Reagan for all of his leadership during that period of time.

Maulbert

Reaction score
The reason the generation got its name was from returning GI's from WW2, of which included my father, some 13 million men ages 18-35, that started establishing families and pumped out kids. Pent up demand. But by 1960, that phenomena had run its course and the birth rate was in steep decline, not only due to the returning GI phenomena ending, but also the introduction of "the pill", oral contraceptives, in 1960. No more unwanted pregnancies, or at least not as many. Anyone born after 1960 was not subject to the same conditions that produced babies during the post WW2 era in the late 40's and 50's.

So if you ask me, the end of the baby boomer generation should be in 1960 at the latest. The birth rate actually started to decline in 1957. No more boom.
I know how it got it's name. I meant I didn't know why the boomer generation was 18 years while all the rest were 15, but that's how it is.