We lost to the refs, not the Saints.

potatohead

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":6ju5ekvs said:
Hawkpower":6ju5ekvs said:
Hawk-Lock":6ju5ekvs said:
Blaming losses on the refs is so lame. Like come on.

Blaming losses on the refs and discussing the challenge of overcoming 10 gifted points are not the same thing.

Ok. Then be fair and create a post right now about how the refs gifted us a win vs Atlanta.

I just can't stand this forum sometimes. The homerism is ridiculous. If we lose and the refs are bad, then it's their fault. If we win and they suck, no one even mentions anything. This forum acts like the refs are out to get the Seahawks. Refs just suck in general. But in the end, the good calls and bad calls even out and everything is fine.

Here's another thing about this forum that annoys me. Last week Arians complains about the officiating, everyone here calls him a cry baby. Pete complains about the officiating after today's game and no one says anything. The hypocrisy on here is incredible.

/rantover

If you genuinely do not believe the refs affected the outcome of the game today, I'm not sure what game you were watching. It is a completely different scenario than the Atlanta game, that game came down to one play on fourth down at the end of the game and they still had to go 30 more yards or kick a 45+ yard field goal to win. Today's game had at least four calls that 100% directly led to Saints scores.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
potatohead":k0v4so77 said:
Hawk-Lock":k0v4so77 said:
Hawkpower":k0v4so77 said:
Hawk-Lock":k0v4so77 said:

Blaming losses on the refs and discussing the challenge of overcoming 10 gifted points are not the same thing.

Ok. Then be fair and create a post right now about how the refs gifted us a win vs Atlanta.

I just can't stand this forum sometimes. The homerism is ridiculous. If we lose and the refs are bad, then it's their fault. If we win and they suck, no one even mentions anything. This forum acts like the refs are out to get the Seahawks. Refs just suck in general. But in the end, the good calls and bad calls even out and everything is fine.

Here's another thing about this forum that annoys me. Last week Arians complains about the officiating, everyone here calls him a cry baby. Pete complains about the officiating after today's game and no one says anything. The hypocrisy on here is incredible.

/rantover

If you genuinely do not believe the refs affected the outcome of the game today, I'm not sure what game you were watching. It is a completely different scenario than the Atlanta game, that game came down to one play on fourth down at the end of the game and they still had to go 30 more yards or kick a 45+ yard field goal to win. Today's game had at least four calls that 100% directly led to Saints scores.

Ok the refs sucked. I agree. But complaining about it goes nowhere. And blaming a loss on them seems childish. What do you want to do about it? Move on from it. Lets talk about actual changes and adjustments that we can make. Bitching about the refs won't get us anywhere.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":ox7vm08p said:
Hawkpower":ox7vm08p said:
Hawk-Lock":ox7vm08p said:

/rantover

You must be talking about the hands to the face penalty Julio got away with..

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":1pde10cc said:
Hawk-Lock":1pde10cc said:
Hawkpower":1pde10cc said:
Hawk-Lock":1pde10cc said:

/rantover

If the Atlanta game is officiated fairly, do the Seahawks win? How about today's game? I don't remember enough about the Arizona game lol, but I don't think the calls were lob sided or obviously wrong.

Uh oh. A couple more who missed seeing Julio Jones head slap Sherman at the beginning of the play.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1wtxn1yw said:
It was said best in the gameday thread. The NFL has jumped the shark.
Yes they have, and I for one no longer give a shit. Today was my breaking point/last straw. I'll follow casually but anytime there's something I'm more interested in I will do that instead. To hell with their dog and pony show.

Declining ratings indeed.

a_gumbel

Reaction score
You guys are playing on a short week after gutting out 4 quarters and a full OT. We just beat the brakes off the Cards (y'all are welcome) you guys are gonna be fine
I was just glancing up at the Hawks game (really wanted y'all to beat NO) but it seemed RW was moving better. In short there's no shame in losing in NO, the only shame is poor refereeing but I see a little bit of that week in and out so I'm not gonna indulge you on that. Win the division.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Here is the thing:

WE KNOW THE REFEREES ARE AWFUL

We know this before the game.

This means:

1 - At home, we are going to get some calls.

2 - On the road, we are going to have some calls go against us.

We also know that referees try their best to give the benefit of the doubt to the offense.

None of this is a mystery.

Part is just better access to information. We have more camera angles, more ability to share missed calls and the fan gets to see the game more closely scrutinized than before.

Part is the refs seem to be worse than in years past. And part is all the ridiculous flags put in place to favor the offense but that are half the time dependent on subjective assessment.

Ultimately, the NFL has a lot of rules that seem to be judgement calls on the part of the officials but where our access to the same video allows us to make our own judgements. And we, rightfully, do not trust the competence or the judgement on th e part of the officials.

Much of this is due to the reality that the speed of the game almost requires twice as many referees and at least half of those should be in the video booth.

So we KNOW that subjective decisions will be flawed. We know that objectivity is tainted. And we know our defense is going to have calls go against us.

IN SPITE OF ALL OF THAT we continually keep the game close no matter the opponent. If we know that there will be issues and we do nothing about it? That is on our coaching staff because every reasonable football fan EXPECTS missed calls to happen.

Our staff does not prepare or compensate for this - and that is their fault.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":zvc9ldtv said:
Hawkpower":zvc9ldtv said:
TorontoHawk":zvc9ldtv said:
Maulbert":zvc9ldtv said:
That is all. :evil:

Weak teams blame the refs. We lost because our o-line is an embarrassment & we have a hurt QB that can't play the game he wants to.

If this game is officiated correctly, we win.

Having an embarrassing oline and a well officiated game are not mutually exclusive.

Love it when fans play the tough guy role and pretend to be ok with crappy officiating.

I love when fans cry about the refs even though there team played bad. You sound like the Falcon fans that everyone on here was all over for crying over the officials.

Yet here you are choosing to call fans of the same team out for being passionate.

Here is your gold star.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
When you have a bad offense, the officiating is more liable to stand out.

The offense was bad today, thats why they lost. The officiating most certainly did not help them in any case.

davidonmi

Reaction score
this is a silly post. we lost because we didn't play very well.

The referees are a conversation, and by god were they horrid today, but I don't think we "lost" to them today

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3q5ijx72 said:
Hawkpower":3q5ijx72 said:
Hawk-Lock":3q5ijx72 said:

/rantover

Atlanta was one call, not 12-2. New Orleans had TWO game changing drives extended due to phantom calls.

Nobody is saying it is the sole reason we lost., But it made it infinitely more difficult due to their ineptness.

Creating a strawman so one can pretend to be a better more level headed fan is lame.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
If the Atlanta game is officiated fairly, do the Seahawks win? How about today's game? I don't remember enough about the Arizona game lol, but I don't think the calls were lob sided or obviously wrong.

Uh oh. A couple more who missed seeing Julio Jones head slap Sherman at the beginning of the play.[/quote]

My point is that if the Atlanta game was officiated fairly, the seahawks still would've won. Fair officiating today, the Hawks win. This sport is going down the toilet, when (bad) officiating is a major factor in game outcomes constantly, what kind of sport is that. But I digress, today made me decide I won't go out of my way to watch a game anymore. The NFL is losing interest from me fast.

blue 22

Reaction score
Even seattle media members are doing this. ( brock n salk) F'n pathetic.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
blue 22":3azeicsg said:

Or maybe they have a point.

I mean, why discuss something that is ruining the game right? Lets just beat our chests and pretend that the solution to referee ineptitude is just playing perfect football every single week. :roll:

blue 22

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2uifn92q said:
blue 22":2uifn92q said:

I mean, why discuss something that is ruining the game right? Lets just beat our chests and pretend that the solution to referee ineptitude is just playing perfect football every single week. :roll:

Refs are bad every week. You going to blame them next week when we lose another close one?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
blue 22":39qdo7k5 said:
Hawkpower":39qdo7k5 said:
blue 22":39qdo7k5 said:

Refs are bad every week. You going to blame them next week when we lose another close one?

99% of the posters are not blaming them for the loss, rather stating the (truthful) fact that they screwed us over and made winning even more challenging.

If the refs bend us over a barrel next week they way they did today, I absolutely will call them out again.

No reason observers of the game should sit back and pretend its not an issue detracting from the quality of the game.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Penalties aside the defense has been on the field way too much the last couple games. I wasnt shocked the saints were able to put together 6 straight scoring drives in the end. Would have been nice for our offense to step up this time and actually win the time of possession but they just couldnt execute.

cymatica

Reaction score
Funny how some people still dont understand it's not about bad refs, it was about it being completely one sided.

Pretty much the same as an umpire in baseball calling a completely different strike zone for both teams. If you call a tight game, it should go both ways.

This is the 2nd week in a row the refs ruined the game

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2f3hjpwk said:
Ok the refs sucked. I agree. But complaining about it goes nowhere. And blaming a loss on them seems childish. What do you want to do about it? Move on from it. Lets talk about actual changes and adjustments that we can make. Bitching about the refs won't get us anywhere.

There are lots of threads on this board, with a variety of subjects, whatever you'd like to talk about.

Seems this thread is people venting and discussing how bad the officiating was in this game.

You don't have to participate in this thread. Bitching about the bitching (when u chose to come in here and read it) doesn't get us anywhere either right?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
For me, I usually don't get angry when we lose... it bums me out, and I mop for an hour or two. But anger? Nah. Win some, you lose some.

But when the officiating seems to be deciding the outcomes on the field, when the officiating becomes the story, when the officiating doesn't let the players decide the outcome? That's when I get angry, that's what drives me crazy.

I quit watching at one point, I think in the 4th quarter... when we got them to a 4th down, stopped their drive! Woohooo! Punt time!

Nope, I penalty to extend the Saints drive, and they're judgement calls, always judgement calls. Never something obvious, always some ticky tack BS.

Notice how they stopped showing the replays of the 'penalties'?

Latest posts