Shout out to the refs

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
I still want to see a replay of the Jalen Carter sack. Pretty sire that there was contact to the head and neck area. They showed it once from the referee angle, but diverted to just showing the knee.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, well Love got away with a bit of a jersey tug on that pick in the end zone. Nice to see them "miss" a call on our guys for once. :)

Truth is, though that he had position on the ball anyway. 🤷‍♂️

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Yeah, well Love got away with a bit of a jersey tug on that pick in the end zone. Nice to see them "miss" a call on our guys for once. :)

These are the kinds of plays that they need to start letting go to let them play. With all the rule changes that favor the offenses - they need to let the defenses just play.

And yes - I would say they need to let that kind of call go even if it was reversed.

kidhawk

Reaction score

I disagree on Love “getting away with one” there. That’s the narrative the announcer put out there (I believe it was Aikman who said it). In reality you hear it every week that if a player gets his head turned and is playing the ball they rarely call PI. This is exactly what Love did on this play. He got his head around and played the ball. I would really hate to see games like Dallas where flags pop out for every minor transgression. The refs weren’t perfect but they let them play a lot of the time and that is the kind of game I can enjoy watching.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I will say that late PI call on them (Locket was the receiver), though technically correct, was pretty bad considering how they had been calling that (or rather not calling it) all game long.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I too believe that Philly's offense got away with numerous false starts. That shit needs to stop.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I disagree on Love “getting away with one” there. That’s the narrative the announcer put out there (I believe it was Aikman who said it). In reality you hear it every week that if a player gets his head turned and is playing the ball they rarely call PI. This is exactly what Love did on this play. He got his head around and played the ball. I would really hate to see games like Dallas where flags pop out for every minor transgression. The refs weren’t perfect but they let them play a lot of the time and that is the kind of game I can enjoy watching.
I really hate when announcers twist the narrative of the game so the non partial audience watching at home starts thinking that way too.

The announcers, especially the clowns last night, may not have an influence on the game itself, but they do influence the TV audience.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Philly fans are calling it a steer job...

It's almost like every fanbase does the same thing when calls don't go their way, and they irrationally and emotionally apply some sort of conspiracy theory that the league is out to get them.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
And on their tush push the center is lined up in the neutral zone
No, after the ref spotted the ball, Kelce, at center in a boldface move, picks the ball up and moved it forward several inches.
The ref, observant and observing (possibly tipped off to previous, similar shenanigans) blows the whistle and calls the penalty.

Mark one up for the refs .

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
No, after the ref spotted the ball, Kelce, at center in a boldface move, picks the ball up and moved it forward several inches.
The ref, observant and observing (possibly tipped off to previous, similar shenanigans) blows the whistle and calls the penalty.

Mark one up for the refs .
I was referring to at least 1 they got away with

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Absolutely. Let em play. Maybe that was their mantra on the eighteen uncalled false starts as well?
I wasn't in the game day forum during the game so I don't know if it was brought up but the refs missed several blatant false starts in critical 3rd downs against the Eagles tackles including early on both Philly TD drives that most likely would have gotten our defense off the field.

Torc

Reaction score
I thought the Kelce false start was a makeup call for the 4th down a few plays earlier where the left tackle moved well before the snap and it wasn't called.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I thought the Kelce false start was a makeup call for the 4th down a few plays earlier where the left tackle moved well before the snap and it wasn't called.
The Kelce false start was not a make-up call but was 100% legit.

You can't just move the ball ahead 1/2 yard when it's 4th & a 1/2 yard. Like, WTF?

Even Troy, during the first replay, questioned the call & said there wasn't much there until they showed the 2nd replay from the side & he almost started laughing it was so blatant & said it was the right call.