Walter Thurmond substance abuse suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

canzag

Reaction score
Any chance we see Antoine Winfield back? I would be fine with him as the slot corner for the next month.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Why not appeal the suspension and have him play against NO? It seems to me his value is far greater against the Saints than Rams.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
So I gotta ask this...Why do some of you feel the coaches or F/O should be held responsible for this. The guy knew the rules, and broke them.
Where I work we have random drug screens. Regularly, and random. So if I go to work and fail a drug screen, should my boss go down with me too? I don't get the attack on PC and the F/O. Dude's a big boy, he knew what he was doing. If he had a problem, I'm sure there was plenty of options for him to get help.

Axx

Reaction score
Per Twitter, How WT3 Feels about all of you right now

walter thurmond III ‏@WaltThurm3
"So many judgmental people out there and I bet they call themselves Christians. Yes I made a mistake and I have to live with the consequences"

he's right about that. true would Christians would've turned the cheek and forgiven him instantly.
forgiveness my friend is how you will find your self in heaven

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Axx":1jv242fn said:

"So many judgmental people out there and I bet they call themselves Christians. Yes I made a mistake and I have to live with the consequences"

he's right about that. true would Christians would've turned the cheek and forgiven him instantly.

Wahwahwah

Dealing with judgemental people is one of the consequences, Walter.

Deal with it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
bestfightstory":21mmata3 said:
Axx":21mmata3 said:

Wahwahwah

Deal with it.

Or we could be real fans and support the team. Crazy i know.

hawksmode

Reaction score
Axx":3ku0dqq2 said:

Judgmental? Really?

Making a mistake is one thing...but how stupid can you be? His actions effect a lot of people...

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Axx":2jogp7jt said:

More people than just you have to live with your easily avoidable mistake, Walt. Forgiveness aside, you put your team in a tougher spot than they should be in. But, go ahead and play the victim card.

Barthawk

Reaction score
This sucks.. but I find it amazing how many people are up in arms over losing a back up corner.. didn't see near the delirium around here when we were without our two starting tackles..

selfish is the best word that comes to mind.. WT3 made a very selfish decision.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Basis4day":1j40m0lt said:
bestfightstory":1j40m0lt said:
Axx":1j40m0lt said:

Wahwahwah

Deal with it.

Please, show us the way, REAL FAN.

ensett

Reaction score
Walter is too selfish to call himself a real christian.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Axx":rpaz7mg8 said:

What a douche. Own up to your issues and take the criticism you deserve.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Got a lotta sand in a lot of vaginas lately. If we threw everyone off a cliff that made a mistake, we sure wouldn't have much of a team; No Beast, no Sherm, no BB, no Harvin (he smoked the pot too), no Bennett (he was mean to that puppy), No Clemons, no Tate... no thanks. Maybe Russell and Clint Grisham are the only ones without fault, but I doubt that too. I bet Russell Wilson speeds when he drives between home and VMAC <gasp>.

Walter's teammates CLEARLY have his back through this as Angry Doug demonstrated on twitter, so why don't the 12's? Where'd we pick up all these self-riteous holly roller types? It's not like he's the heart and soul of the team or anything. We've gotten along fine without him before, we'll be fine now. This is such a non issue... I swear, people are getting WAY more upset over this than the repeated incidents of LeRoy Hill getting busted repeatedly for beating the shit out of his ol' lady. What the hell is THAT all about..?

Largent80

Reaction score
I think people are angry because of the depth we have at the position. Granted it is a lot better in the fact that both Lane and Maxwell have experience, but they are backups for a reason.

After them, we have nobody left. 1 injury away from being in a tough situation against some decent QB's in the next few weeks.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":3d360gqy said:
bestfightstory":3d360gqy said:
Axx":3d360gqy said:

Wahwahwah

Deal with it.

You would think he would be responsible enough to support his team that pays him and counts on him to play.

Barthawk

Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more selfish I believe WT3 is. Brock/Danny just made a great point about the substance abuse failure. He had to fail more than one piss test.. he failed one, put in the program and then failed again knowing full well that he could get caught and punished.

That is not making a poor decision.. that is making a conscience effort to make multiple poor decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts