Walter Thurmond substance abuse suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawker84

Reaction score
so is he suspended for the NO game, or is he available for that game then appeal? appeal after the NO game, what's the scoop.

OH yea, idiot...

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawker84":2v2io83a said:
so is he suspended for the NO game, or is he available for that game then appeal? appeal after the NO game, what's the scoop.

OH yea, idiot...

I believe he's currently appealing to play. Then drop it in order to return for playoffs

mort

Reaction score
I'm disappointed as an individual fan but this is just a bump in the road loosing an individual player -we recalibrate every week, and we do it exceptionally well. We take it all home as a team that is greater than the sum of any of the parts.

Landhawk1

Reaction score
He knew he was going to be suspended but still did interviews wearing those suits? What a maroon! Lol

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I love Trufant, but he had nothing left in the tank last season. I think Maxwell and Lane will be adequate. Earl is gonna have to fly around even more and Sherm will really need to lock down his third. And, of course, we need the pass rush to really step up.

strohmin

Reaction score
Oh well, he made a mistake. This is an opportunity for another DB to step up and make an impact like Sherm did. If anything I am more excited about having a fully loaded offense minus Sidney Rice. We have our pass rushers and I think they are going to be the most important factor for this game.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Why did he drop the appeal? It bad enough that he did this knowing what is on the line this season but now while Browner is out too? If he could at least have held his appeal through next weekends game?

HawkWow

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1h3nev16 said:
hawker84":1h3nev16 said:

OH yea, idiot...

I believe he's currently appealing to play. Then drop it in order to return for playoffs

Your belief makes the most sense, but statements are bouncing around in this thread like Marshawn bouncing through the Saint's defense. Every time I think I know whether or not he will be active, another statement is made suggesting the opposite.

Hard to believe he would drop the appeal, causing him to miss the game where he is most necessary, unless other considerations factor in. I haven't a clue. Could it be he planned to appeal, so he could be active vs NO, but got word that if he lost the appeal, the penalty could be much stiffer, causing him to suddenly drop the appeal? This is the stuff of sleepless nights, lol.

chris98251

Reaction score
I can see him dropping his appeal so he is eligible to play at the beginning of next season for a new team where he can cash in. Really it's about money, it happens to benefit us when the playoffs come.

chris98251

Reaction score
Another thing, is everyone more pissed off that it may impact our run or the fact that you take it personal. Think about what is being said behind closed doors out of the media eyes on this team right now. Those guys have much much more invested then any one of us.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Makes me sick! This is no way to show your team you are a "team player".

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Y'all better lay off my one time adopt a rookie!! I got his back through thick n thin!

(for what its worth, I'm hearing from some Ducks folks that it might have been an unapproved pain killer that is the problem here... don't know the validity of that though).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkNuts":gg74q5gw said:
I will take Thurmond for the playoffs and a new contract. There is a Legion of Bitches in this thread.

I trust the front office to sign him to a heavy incentive type contract in the off season.
Agreed on both counts. This thread and the reactions by too many within are ridiculous and disappointing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Jay-Dog":35ihg4rw said:
Kansas City lost to San Diego. No shit! Don't give kids matches they might hurt themselves..
Yeah, they lost both Hali and Houston in the 1st quarter. Without them they couldn't get any pressure. What are the odds of that happening though? A million to one?

CANHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1zham4eu said:
Y'all better lay off my one time adopt a rookie!! I got his back through thick n thin!

(for what its worth, I'm hearing from some Ducks folks that it might have been an unapproved pain killer that is the problem here... don't know the validity of that though).

Yeah, I bet that kid knows a thing or six about pain. Pretty hard to call him an idiot or moron etc. etc. Without knowing all the facts ( not that it stops many people from doing it anyway...)

I'm with you J. I got his back too.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
CANHawk":2xll9axs said:
JSeahawks":2xll9axs said:

Yeah, I bet that kid knows a thing or six about pain. Pretty hard to call him an idiot or moron etc. etc. Without knowing all the facts ( not that it stops many people from doing it anyway...)

I'm with you J. I got his back too.

No it isn't hard at all. He knows the rules. It's his body, his career, his obligation to his teammates to do things correctly so that he can be depended on each game day.

He messed up and there is no excuse.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Can he appeal to play MNF? and then give it up after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts